• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

I wish there was an easier way to demolish bridges and inclines. Realistically, I feel like you should be able to do it with the terraforming app while you are making paths, cliffs, and waterways.

Your villagers that you invited from your island to your resort don't even remember you, even after they moved off your island, they don't ever mention how "As much as I love my vacation home I really do miss living your island" I feel like I'm talking to a different villager.

Still annoyed that there's no way to easily locate villagers. It can get tedious having to explore the museum every single time I am looking for a specific villager.

I know I can just restart the game, but often times, the same villager is still missing.
I know this was covered already, but the very least the developers could've done was add some sort of "Contacts" list — a list just about every phone has, and just have islanders text you where their location was. That's what young people do all day long on their smartphones, right? Texting...?

Last edited:
The dialogue in HHD is so boring. Like you would think they would have given the vacationers a bit more variety, but nope just chatting with them makes them regurgitate 'I love my vacation home.'

I thought the villager dialogue on the island was bad, but I'd take that over this.

Why are the villagers in this game clones of each other because of their personality? Why isn't there more variety of personalities.? If I got Colton as a Smug villager I feel like I just got Raymond all over again because both of them are smug and they talk the same way. Same as Francine/Judy, Molly/Fauna, and Chrissy/Rosie.

I hope in the next Animal Crossing they at least try to branch out because for making 400 villagers and having only 8 personalities there needs to be more variety because it just feels I am seeing clones of villagers who just copy each other because of their personality. If I can just have villagers with new personalities and with new dialogue I would be happy because I am so sick of getting villagers with the same personality type.

Why are the villagers in this game clones of each other because of their personality? Why isn't there more variety of personalities.? If I got Colton as a Smug villager I feel like I just got Raymond all over again because both of them are smug and they talk the same way. Same as Francine/Judy, Molly/Fauna, and Chrissy/Rosie.

I hope in the next Animal Crossing they at least try to branch out because for making 400 villagers and having only 8 personalities there needs to be more variety because it just feels I am seeing clones of villagers who just copy each other because of their personality. If I can just have villagers with new personalities and with new dialogue I would be happy because I am so sick of getting villagers with the same personality type.
This was a problem with NL as well. I remember having Tangy and Pinky (both peppy) in my town. In the same 5 minutes, I talked to one and then the other right away. And both of them said word for word the same exact dialogue. It really threw me out of the immersion.

Everyone always raves about how many villagers are in every new Animal Crossing game, but they seriously need to trim the list down. Just like Gamefreak had to stop the Pokedex after a while. What I really think they should do is cut the list down drastically to like 100, 150, or 200 and 200 is really pushing it. And with that smaller list of villagers, give them dialogue and backstory special to them. And the more you befriend them the more lore you get from them ect.

This was a problem with NL as well. I remember having Tangy and Pinky (both peppy) in my town. In the same 5 minutes, I talked to one and then the other right away. And both of them said word for word the same exact dialogue. It really threw me out of the immersion.
Thats the problem I had with the new villagers that were added during the 2.0 update, because it was the same issue with the Sanrio villagers all of them had the same problem. Their personalities were just pretty much the same as all the other villagers we have. If they would've changed it and make it new then maybe I would be interested in them but no it just feels like I got a new villager clone with a new coat of a paint.

As for Pokemon at least they try to do new different designs and come up with different typings I know thats a topic for another thread but it relates to the problem. I would be all for Animal Crossing introducing new personality types and new species because at least that will make it interesting to have them so you don't find yourself having the same villager who talks the same thing as the others.

I honestly think it would be fun if they went back to the storyboard for the next game and redid the villagers. Keep all the personalities, but just cut back and give the ones they keep dialogue that is unique to them, more backstory, ect.

There's so much they could do to make the villager's such a unique experience. Like when they come to visit, they sometimes ask to play a 'game' which is just guess the number on my card. But wouldn't it be cool if you had a tv/console in one of the rooms that it could prompt your villager to want to play some games with you? You would just be going up against a generic AI cpu during the games.

And so like they could have it where you played 2 player retro games like Balloon Fight, that one Mario multiplayer game (I forget the name) and so on. Like this would make the whole visiting experience feel real.

I don't even work for Nintendo or NH and I'm already coming up with better ideas that I am pretty sure a lot of people would be on board with.

How long it takes to move in a amiibo villager, not like i spent money on this card.
I feel this so much. When I got the chance to use amiibos during launch, I commented on how annoying it is to have to do it 3 times. Yeah I get it, some things should take time, but I got spoiled by how convenient it was with NL. So having it be downgraded was disappointing. In that game all you had to do was scan the amiibo in and bam you were done.

I feel this so much. When I got the chance to use amiibos during launch, I commented on how annoying it is to have to do it 3 times. Yeah I get it, some things should take time, but I got spoiled by how convenient it was with NL. So having it be downgraded was disappointing. In that game all you had to do was scan the amiibo in and bam you were done.
Yea I've been playing nl it was too easy it felt, lol.

It may be annoying doing it 3 times but at least you get the chance to pick the villager you want to move out, unlike normally when the game chooses for you during random campsite visits.

This just shows how spoiled we were in New Leaf 😂 But I agree. Having to scan in amiibos 3 times is a bit of an overkill. Once or even twice I would have been fine with.

This just shows how spoiled we were in New Leaf 😂 But I agree. Having to scan in amiibos 3 times is a bit of an overkill. Once or even twice I would have been fine with.
I feel like this is one of the bigger flaws in the game. They go overkill on the grindy aspect of the game. Acorn/pinecones, the DIY balloons, crafting, no bulk nothing, ect. I always say they padded the game this way to compensate for the pandemic, but honestly they were done way before they knew about it so it was just their plan from the start.

I wish that when you were finished with a dream, instead of waking up back in your room, you would just go back to Luna’s dream land in case you wanted to visit more dreams. It’s kind of a drag to have her load back onto the Internet each time you want to visit multiple dream addresses in a row.

Why is switching to terraform mode even a thing, its so annoying and then you are restricted from doing stuff like using the airport until you switch back.

Back