• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Γ— Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread πŸ’—

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Total voters
I don't disagree, but also understand the secondary market exists for people who willingly pay more so they don't have to wait in line like the rest of us.

My stance is that the existence of any kind of secondary market (be it selling authentic cards for higher prices or custom amiibos for cheap) is an indication that Nintendo could be doing something better.

The cards could be made available on Nintendo's site and be continually restocked as they sell out, but they are choosing not to do that. At the moment, it appears like they are making this more difficult for consumers than it needs to be.

hard agree w etown20; i've been checking all the online nintendo store domains and there's zilch :( the uk site just lists them as "not available". hopefully that'll change a bit closer to the sale date but it's weird that none of the sites even mention the cards as a news thing

My stance is that the existence of any kind of secondary market (be it selling authentic cards for higher prices or custom amiibos for cheap) is an indication that Nintendo could be doing something better.

The cards could be made available on Nintendo's site and be continually restocked as they sell out, but they are choosing not to do that. At the moment, it appears like they are making this more difficult for consumers than it needs to be.
Not sure if you're familiar with the baseball card market, but perhaps the scarcity is purposeful to drive up demand/attention.

I'm optimistic there will be plenty of packs available in the US, as this is the first time these cards will enter the retail market stateside. Nintendo will be catering to the NL and NH crowd, and would be foolish not to have printed more than enough.

The cards could be made available on Nintendo's site and be continually restocked they sell out, but they are choosing not to do that. At the moment, it appears like they are making this more difficult for consumers than it needs to be.
I just hate that they make the cards exclusive to like one store and we can't pre-order online. They're not making it to fair to people who don't have Targets or can't drive to the store.

hard agree w etown20; i've been checking all the online nintendo store domains and there's zilch :( the uk site just lists them as "not available". hopefully that'll change a bit closer to the sale date but it's weird that none of the sites even mention the cards as a news thing
Target mentions them in a banner ad when searching "Amiibo cards," but doesn't have a pre-order option as of yet.

Reactions: jim
Not sure if you're familiar with the baseball card market, but perhaps the scarcity is purposeful to drive up demand/attention.

I'm optimistic there will be plenty of packs available in the US, as this is the first time these cards will enter the retail market stateside. Nintendo will be catering to the NL and NH crowd, and would be foolish not to have printed more than enough.

Yes, that's exactly it - scarcity to drive up demand and attention.

The difference I see between other card markets and amiibo is that amiibo are also DLC. While I understand there are people who are collectors and want the cards for that reason, most people just want the function they provide (the reason so many bootlegs exist). To that end, I wish Nintendo would treat amiibo more like DLC that is easily available to everyone and less like limited edition collector's items.

Last edited:
I just hate that they make the cards exclusive to like one store and we can't pre-order online. They're not making it to fair to people who don't have Targets or can't drive to the store.
I really wish they would have had them at GameStop as well as Target . My closest Target is 30 minutes away which could be much worse. I feel bad for those that don’t have one , can’t drive or it’s too far away to get to. Hopefully people can order online and people can pre-order soon,

Reactions: jim

I was telling my spouse today that nintendo really could just make an app for diy amiibos. He suggested they could charge a fee for each amiibo data you wish to use. And the app be on the nintendo switch. I suppose maybe use nintendo online. They could easily go the extra mile and sell little kits to make keychains or coins or whatever with cute paper cut outs or whatever.
I think they would make money and take better control of the second market as well as increase availability.
Post automatically merged:

I really wish they would have had them at GameStop as well as Target . My closest Target is 30 minutes away which could be much worse. I feel bad for those that don’t have one , can’t drive or it’s too far away to get to. Hopefully people can order online and people can pre-order soon,
Mine i think is an hour and a half away. Meijer or walmart or amazon is more reasonable

I wish we would get Sanrio-inspired airchecks in this update, although I'm certain we won't. But the My Melody theme (Kuromi version linked below) would make a nice aircheck.

I was telling my spouse today that nintendo really could just make an app for diy amiibos. He suggested they could charge a fee for each amiibo data you wish to use. And the app be on the nintendo switch. I suppose maybe use nintendo online. They could easily go the extra mile and sell little kits to make keychains or coins or whatever with cute paper cut outs or whatever.
I think they would make money and take better control of the second market as well as increase availability.
Post automatically merged:

Mine i think is an hour and a half away. Meijer or walmart or amazon is more reasonable
That’s why we need pre-orders. I would hate to go that far and find out they had none left.Maybe you could call ahead and hope they can leave some aside. Walmart would be a great option as well. I wonder why only target can get them.

I honestly just want the cards for collecting. I don't care so much about the items. It feels weird to have the items without the cards..

I may get a lot of hate for this but I don't really like this update. It just looks too "girly" for my style. I mean it just doesn't fit well with me and the style I have going for my island. I don't hate it I just don't feel as though it fits my style. I don't have an issue with people liking this its fine, more power to them and I'm happy that the are excited for the update.

Its just that this has been in a past Animal Crossing game and its New Leaf. Anyone who played it remembers the Sanrio crossover and it seems like that the items are exactly the same as it was before. If you were a fan of this then that's great but if you didn't care for it you're not going to like it as much. Once again this is returning content from New Leaf so it doesn't surprise me when I saw the trailer I knew they would bring this back at some point. Just like when the added back the Swimming/Diving and Dream Suite features from Summer 2020.

I don't want to sound negative or if I sound like a Debbie Downer but I am concerned that we might not get an Anniversary update anytime soon because it comes out in March 26th after the game has been updated on March 18th. How long will it be until we see actual improvements to the game that we've been asking for the longest time? I feel like Nintendo doesn't seem to be addressing the improvements despite the promise they said last year to expect "Advanced improvements" in a interview back in December 2020.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm referring to here's the source:

I do want a big update to the game and I agree this update makes it feel less likely to be for the anniversary.

However Marty is cute and I love his name as well so he's totally moving to my island at least for a little bit.

I can certainly see how this update wouldnt appeal to all. Lots of it doesn't appeal to me. But I still think it's a fun update and with so many people excited for it, I'm glad we are getting it

Not looking forward to the villagers as they don't interest me more than my current villagers, but I love the Hello Kitty hat and Pompompurin outfit. Looking forward to those.

I’m not excited for it either. The furniture isn’t my style at all, plus I had never heard of sanrio until I started playing new horizons so I have no attachment to the characters. I want to collect the furniture though because I’m a completionist. Iβ€˜m still deciding if I should try to get a pack of the cards or not. I would feel bad taking away a pack from someone who wants them more than I do.

I may get a lot of hate for this but I don't really like this update. It just looks too "girly" for my style. I mean it just doesn't fit well with me and the style I have going for my island. I don't hate it I just don't feel as though it fits my style. I don't have an issue with people liking this its fine, more power to them and I'm happy that the are excited for the update.

Its just that this has been in a past Animal Crossing game and its New Leaf. Anyone who played it remembers the Sanrio crossover and it seems like that the items are exactly the same as it was before. If you were a fan of this then that's great but if you didn't care for it you're not going to like it as much. Once again this is returning content from New Leaf so it doesn't surprise me when I saw the trailer I knew they would bring this back at some point. Just like when the added back the Swimming/Diving and Dream Suite features from Summer 2020.

I don't want to sound negative or if I sound like a Debbie Downer but I am concerned that we might not get an Anniversary update anytime soon because it comes out in March 26th after the game has been updated on March 18th. How long will it be until we see actual improvements to the game that we've been asking for the longest time? I feel like Nintendo doesn't seem to be addressing the improvements despite the promise they said last year to expect "Advanced improvements" in a interview back in December 2020.

i definitely hear where you're coming from. i'm glad the sanrio stuff is back, (also hoping this means amiibo villagers will make a return eventually because that was neat) but most of it is not my style at all and i'd much rather see something new. unfortunately though, there's still so much missing from the game that the addition of any truly new content feels far off - which i feel like should not still be such a concern after a full year.

also agree with you in regards to the anniversary update. i feel like nintendo had a huge opportunity to give us a big update with a lot of quality of life improvements as well as missing content, but the sanrio update on 3/18 really does imply that'll be the only one in march. honestly just hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I like the update for the precedent it sets, but it feels more along the lines of playing for time while they work to get future updates together. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be fine with DLC that gives me the content I want(that doesn't take away from the main game), while we wait for in game content. I don't consider the Sanrio DLC because they're already there, this is just a reprint. I suppose what I'm saying is that I'd pay for the extra content I want while I'm watching for the big update down the line. I'm offering Nintendo my money, all they have to do is open the door.

Are you the only one not looking forward to the Sanrio update?

Short answer: "Yes."

Nah, there's gotta be other people out there who aren't crazy about it. But it's something new, so I'm into it. I'm easily entertained and quickly bored so fresh content is always welcome. 😹

Not looking forward to the villagers as they don't interest me more than my current villagers, but I love the Hello Kitty hat and Pompompurin outfit. Looking forward to those.
I liked Toby? I think they were part of the Sanrio. I traded someone for a visit so I could buy their clothes that looked like a fancy bartender for one of my mannequins to man a counter. With the mannequins being just a cut torso, I really can't do that anymore. Which is a shame, but it will be nice to have some of the content back.

@maria110 Sora is definitely not the only one 'not looking forward' to the new content. I'll take it because it brings newish stuff but, I would had preferred a beefier update so close to the anniversary. The Mario and Sanrio stuff is old stuff that was there from the previous games. Sure the warp pipe is new, but that's one item besides pumpkins and probably a few other things I am forgetting that we got through a full year.

So I get where Sora is coming from. The NH crew is picking small content to come back and doing so at such a slow rate. Diving, Redd, Leif, Mario/Sanrio, the holidays, it's really all stuff that should had been around from the beginning. I will hop on to NH to buy the stuff, but I can't see me getting much mileage out of these in the long run. Not like I would with hide and seek with villagers, upgrades to existing shops, expansions to homes to fit the size they previously were, potential shops for Gracie and others.

I guess I’m more excited for this update since I never got the cards or furniture in NL. So even though it’s not new it is to me. I like some of the furniture more then others and it will go better on my second island. I just really hope I can find the cards this time. It would be nice to get an update with Brewster in it or at least know that he will be coming at some point.

Back