• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
I hope I haven't missed anyone else asking/talking about this. But if you have the old sanrio amiibos, will they work in NH? It recognises the characters but obviously can't invite them yet.
Just want to know in case I need to look for pre-orders.

I hope I haven't missed anyone else asking/talking about this. But if you have the old sanrio amiibos, will they work in NH? It recognises the characters but obviously can't invite them yet.
Just want to know in case I need to look for pre-orders.
They will work.
Youre fine. These new ones are just reprints. No changes have been made

If I pay $12 for two packs, that means I'm stealing? Interesting perspective. I plan on getting 4 or 5 packs, so I guess I'm a thief.
Well since the packs contain all 6 cards, unless you're planning on giving them to people who don't own them... it may not be stealing but it certainly is unnecessary and inconsiderate of other players when stock isn't that high.

Well since the packs contain all 6 cards, unless you're planning on giving them to people who don't own them... it may not be stealing but it certainly is unnecessary and inconsiderate of other players when stock isn't that high.
I hope you feel the same way about people buying and selling custom Amiibo coins, except that's actually stealing.

Whatever I choose to do with any "extra" packs of legitimate cards I legally purchase is entirely up to me, and shouldn't be judged by others simply because they're on some moral high ground.

I hope you feel the same way about people buying and selling custom Amiibo coins, except that's actually stealing.

Whatever I choose to do with any "extra" packs of legitimate cards I legally purchase is entirely up to me, and shouldn't be judged by others simply because they're on some moral high ground.
Look I don't want to get into it with you, but I do believe you would be hard pressed to find sympathy amongst people here who can't find genuine copies of the cards while you're bathing in them for no reason. So even if you dont think you should be judged... well you know my stance.

Thats all I have to say on the matter :)

I'd imagine they would have limits on how much you can purchase because of the limited number with a large demand so everyone has a chance (hopefully) to get them instead of a few buying all the packs.

edit, I think it is safe to assume that pre-orders from Target aren't going to be a thing.. they already had pre-orders of other amiibo merch sold out that doesn't release until 3/26.

I'd imagine they would have limits on how much you can purchase because of the limited number with a large demand so everyone has a chance (hopefully) to get them instead of a few buying all the packs.

edit, I think it is safe to assume that pre-orders from Target aren't going to be a thing.. they already had pre-orders of other amiibo merch sold out that doesn't release until 3/26.
Man. That stinks. I do hope they limit the purchase amount. Nothing against people who want to buy more than one like @tajikey so he can give them away to others but, sadly not a lot of people have kind hearts like that darling so, the people who buy more than one pack most likely do it so they can sell them at crazy prices on places like Amazon and Ebay.

Your best bet is probably going out to the store to pick up a pack. If you're lucky you can call someone and ask them to hold a pack for your. There were a lot of things Nintendo brought out recently that they claimed would have preorders, but there weren't any preorders available.

Back when I was thinking about buying the Mario Kart Live Circuit, I checked out all the sites they listed and none of them had preorders available even though they said to stay tune. All overseas and Canadian sites had them up, but not the American links.

And it was also disgusting that even though pre-orders weren't a thing, I checked places like Ebay out and there were people listing the MKLC with prices like $500 even though they couldn't get a pre-order or even have the product in their hands. But Ebay and those places allowed it?

I feel like whoever you reach at Target will have no idea what Sanrio Amiibo Cards even are.
When I messaged AskTarget on Twitter I sent a picture with my message .
I've seen others post on the page asking about when they can pre-order the cards and AskTarget replied to them with:
Thanks for reaching out! At this time, we do not have any information in regards to the preorder for the Animal Crossing. Please continue checking http://Target.com every once in awhile to see if it becomes available for preorder.
I contacted AskTarget on Twitter about the details of the Animal Crossing Sanrio Amiibo Cards being available in the near future for pre-order and/or for online purchase and how I'd hope it won't be in-store only... What they replied with was:
Thanks for asking! Right now, we don’t have additional details to share, other than that it will be available on 3/26.

That's just how Nintendo always does it. They don't communicate very well. Never have. It works for scalpers because their job is to be staking out these kinds of things and capitalizing on Nintendo's lack of manufacturing and transparency.

I don't want to go too off-topic here, but I think it's important to acknowledge there is a relationship between Nintendo not providing enough stock and the custom amiibo market. The secondary market wouldn't exist (at least not in the capacity it does) if Nintendo made the cards easily available to be purchased legitimately by everyone who wants them.

Reading through this thread, it seems like there is already confusion about the release and how limited they will be. I hope everyone who wants them will be able to get them without having to go to eBay and pay marked up prices.

I hope so. No one needs more than one pack. At that point youre stealing someone elses pack.
it wouldn't be like that if nintendo would just print out a reasonable number of cards! but this is nintendo we're talking about. i don't know how much stock major retailers are getting, but i bet the first run won't be enough. a lot of preorders already sold out....

speaking of runs, does anyone know an estimate for when we'll see another print run for these cards?

I don't want to go too off-topic here, but I think it's important to acknowledge there is a relationship between Nintendo not providing enough stock and the custom amiibo market. The secondary market wouldn't exist (at least not in the capacity it does) if Nintendo made the cards easily available to be purchased legitimately by everyone who wants them.

Reading through this thread, it seems like there is already confusion about the release and how limited they will be. I hope everyone who wants them will be able to get them without having to go to eBay and pay marked up prices.
I don't disagree, but also understand the secondary market exists for people who willingly pay more so they don't have to wait in line like the rest of us.

Can I ask a question please? Would it be possible to scan in the cards so a villager is ready to move in when the update is released? Sorry just not sure how it would work and if possible 🥺 I’m so sorry for everyone having a hard time with getting cards. I know that I am lucky as I have them and will do my best to help with items if I can 💜

Can I ask a question please? Would it be possible to scan in the cards so a villager is ready to move in when the update is released? Sorry just not sure how it would work and if possible 🥺 I’m so sorry for everyone having a hard time with getting cards. I know that I am lucky as I have them and will do my best to help with items if I can 💜
I’m not sure if I’m understanding your question correctly but the game doesn’t recognize the villagers right now so I don’t think you can scan them in until the actual update is released.

Back