• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Γ— Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread πŸ’—

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Total voters
I imagine tomorrow or Tuesday should be the day. I will say, the furniture additions look fantastic. The little frog bridge will go perfectly in a little area of mine.
I will be sure to check my mail box everyday and look πŸ₯Ί πŸ’–

Getting the card pack from japan is another option i can take, but i only get 2 cards per pack if i get them from japan also after hearing about japan's AC Sanrio cards is that it's randomized although i know someone there as well.

how easy is it to mine the cards for the items? they r sold out here and I'm not too interested in checking target alot, I also dont want to move any of the new characters on my island. So am wondering how easy it will be just to trade for items from people who got the cards

I live in a very rural region and the nearest Target is over 30 miles away. Since I don't drive myself I'm not asking anyone to make a special trip for it. I don't really shop online either so that's out for me. No worries though since I didn't want any of these villagers anyway. I pre-ordered all the items from an awesome person here for a reasonable amount of TBT and have no regrets. I can't catalog them but don't care. I just want to decorate with them.

I can hope they could do a restock as soon as Monday but I'm seriously doubtful about that for most regions. If anything, maybe later in April.

In store only... and the ones within reasonable walking distance to me don’t even carry it. I never miss having my car until now... (didn’t even miss having a car as much during the peak of coronavirus even though it means I need to walk to grocery stores)

how easy is it to mine the cards for the items? they r sold out here and I'm not too interested in checking target alot, I also dont want to move any of the new characters on my island. So am wondering how easy it will be just to trade for items from people who got the cards
@Furrton I imagine would be happy to help you acquire some of the items that strike your fancy.

They did a horrendous job with the release of this. Treated very obtusely despite what you'd expect -- I'm sure that past experiences with releasing things would've pointed them to the idea that they need to be careful about their approach so that scalpers don't immediately take hold. I've seen it sold for upwards of 3 figures on eBay already. Feels like the announcement of the product itself was only a few weeks ago! It's sad. I'm glad I wasn't looking forward to this one in particular because I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to obtain it if I were, and I would've been really upset. Feeling for y'all who weren't able to obtain them! :( I hope they get their act together and release some more so you all can get yours soon.

I don't think i feel upset by this because i know my friend was gonna get the pack of his own too although he told me that they were sold out fast on that day plus i dunno how long they will last after the release because i can get it anytime i wanted to since i'm not in a rush to get them. if they become unavailable, then getting them from japan would be an alternative option for me to get followed by trying or pushing my luck to get all 6 cards. besides i can't even buy it during this pandemic and i might've figured that there would be less ppl at the store buying the card pack due to this. All I can do is try and ask my brother to get me one.

I was very upset with this event but an angel came through and help me. (Bless this forum otherwise I'd be sad as hell). Still, this was poorly handled non the less.

buying fake sanrio amibos on esty is signifigantly more expensive then the original cards. (that I woke up at 5:50 for and where unable to purchase.) I am so sad. I just need my sadness to go into the void. Tia and Chai where gonna be neighbors in my flower garden. IT WAS GONNA BE SO CUTE. :(((((

buying fake sanrio amibos on esty is signifigantly more expensive then the original cards. (that I woke up at 5:50 for and where unable to purchase.) I am so sad. I just need my sadness to go into the void. Tia and Chai where gonna be neighbors in my flower garden. IT WAS GONNA BE SO CUTE. :(((((
If you own a modern android phone, I would google alternatives to buying fake cards

Maybe someone can send you some cards. That exact same thing happened to me but, someone came through for me.
Post automatically merged:

If you own a modern android phone, I would google alternatives to buying fake cards
It's not recommend we discuss that here.

I am sorry for everyone who missed out on the cards. I live in Germany and Nintendo are not even selling them here this time. At least I have a legit Γ‰toile that I overpaid for on eBay back in the New Leaf days. I will take the etsy route for the rest. I love Nintendo and I’ve defended them a lot but I don’t understand so many of their decisions lately.

Spelbutiken seems to have shipped my cards today, a little early so I hope everything is allright. Ill post when i get the package but im still really nervous actually. This has all been really ... stressful and I wont believe it until I hold them in my hands. ^^"

Spelbutiken seems to have shipped my cards today, a little early so I hope everything is allright. Ill post when i get the package but im still really nervous actually. This has all been really ... stressful and I wont believe it until I hold them in my hands. ^^"

i feel you - i’m definitely gonna be anxious about all this until my cards get here. >_< by far the most stressful launch that i’ve ever participated in lol.

i feel you - i’m definitely gonna be anxious about all this until my cards get here. >_< by far the most stressful launch that i’ve ever participated in lol.

When the Wii came out in like 2006 I waited outside for it and had to go to another store too that had less traffic (the first place I was able to buy Zelda at least)
But it was kinda fun, travelled in a friends car and it had like a feeling of adventure to stand in a line and see everyone be excited.
The online part of this; knowing they can be sniped by bots.. potential of over selling preorders.. it removes all those good feelings and just makes it feel more like luck when it works out. And it makes it feel so much more unfair when it doesnt.
So yeah, definately the most stressful launch I cared about. I am patiently waiting for buying a PS5; I have enough games in my backlog, so I havent been part of that race. But I can imagine even that isnt as confusing as this have been because you know that sony will keep producing PS5 for years. These cards may be rereleased once or twice in the future; maybe. We have no idea.

When the Wii came out in like 2006 I waited outside for it and had to go to another store too that had less traffic (the first place I was able to buy Zelda at least)
But it was kinda fun, travelled in a friends car and it had like a feeling of adventure to stand in a line and see everyone be excited.
The online part of this; knowing they can be sniped by bots.. potential of over selling preorders.. it removes all those good feelings and just makes it feel more like luck when it works out. And it makes it feel so much more unfair when it doesnt.
So yeah, definately the most stressful launch I cared about. I am patiently waiting for buying a PS5; I have enough games in my backlog, so I havent been part of that race. But I can imagine even that isnt as confusing as this have been because you know that sony will keep producing PS5 for years. These cards may be rereleased once or twice in the future; maybe. We have no idea.

completely agree! honestly, this whole thing was a mess from the start - with orders being randomly cancelled due to overselling preorders, stores claiming that the cards would be an online exclusive when that wasn’t the case at all *cough cough* target and with like you said, the uncertainty that comes with not knowing if these cards will ever be restocked or released, i can’t even tell if i should be frustrated with nintendo, the stores or both lol. i think the thing that upsets me the most is how many people were purchasing packs just to resell them for a lot of money like,, i get it, making bank is great but so many got screwed because of it which just isn’t fair at all. 🀧

Anyone heard of or used CoolShop before? Apparently they are based in Denmark and have the Sanrio cards in stock to ship to the UK?

Back