• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS!!!

I used it, but it's far easier to pick it up from their town, but i hope it does return!

trust me, not using the auction house wouldnt change it much. i think most people got bored 'cause it was essentially WW with better graphics and a city

I know!
But I admit I did like the spherical type view than the overhead, althought finding the balloons were harder!

not for me, balloons crossed on the acre lines of town, plus you could hear them, i think it was easier to get Gulliver in WW than in CF, i got him countless times in WW, and never seen him on CF :|

I didn't realise about the acre lines, I used to just run around crazy when I hear the noises haha! That's probably one of the reasons I have no grass in my town.
Speaking of that, do you think Animal Tracks will return?
If they do, I hope the grass doesn't wear down as fast, and the regrowth process is faster!

Idc about animal tracks this time. yes when CF came a whined like a ***** it annoyed me so much, but once you learn how to use it, its a great feature, part of me wants it back, the other part doesn't

yeah it took me ages, pretty much you just need to use it to make a path going around your town, then just use the path you made, if you need to go off just walk and it makes the town look great

Ah I see! Does sound pretty good actually! I hope we have more control over it though if it comes back! So the grass doesn't wear if you walk?

50-50

i think in CF walking/running ruined it at the same pace, even though some thought walking was slower, i think just making walking wear grass slower than running would be good enogh

Oh haha!
Yea if they bring back Animal Tracks, they should update them a bit so people don't moan as much.

I think it will be a mayoral option and your Secretary asks "Mayor would you like me to arrange to continue with the upkeep of the towns grass, or shall we let it be natural?"

Then the people who want it have it and those who don't, don't and It can easily be changed by talking to the secretary

I hope the Journals return! And maybe skins for them, over Streetpass and Spotpass? And you can open it, so WiFi visitors can open it and read it, but also lock it if you want? :O

I think it will be a mayoral option and your Secretary asks "Mayor would you like me to arrange to continue with the upkeep of the towns grass, or shall we let it be natural?"

Then the people who want it have it and those who don't, don't and It can easily be changed by talking to the secretary
this could work, but still. Even though i like them, if we were given an option i'd want them removed.

I hope the Journals return! And maybe skins for them, over Streetpass and Spotpass? And you can open it, so WiFi visitors can open it and read it, but also lock it if you want? :O
still iffy on journals why would you want to write one of your 3DS when you can write one in person 5x easier

Just want to know - ^ Can someone explain the journal thing to me? Was it on GC?

Anyway, talking about grass, I was just thinking I would like it better if they made it more ... real looking. I mean, in the past games it was just basically flat ground with green shapes on them. What if they made it a (very short) grass that actually comes out of the ground. Maybe they can make it when it rains it goes a bit greener and if it has not rained for a long time, it may go a bit darker (but not die - that will be just a bad, annoying feature of the game). I am just thinking it would be better if they make the grass as though it could actually be real.

Of course the grass in the upcoming game are still flat shapes on the ground, but I like how it looks that tiny bit more real and better. Talking about the environment I like how the environment looks much better and real. Especially the trees and snow.

What do you think?

Lots of love,

Cherrypie

P.s. Add me on the 3ds!

I'm not too bothered on graphics. Especially for Animal Crossing, and even more especially for a handheld title.
I'd rather them cram a bunch of good features into the game with less stylized graphics, than have them put a few good features and more styling.

also, I agree with bidoof on the journals.

I'd like some sort of option to add drawings to the bulletin board with your notices.

I want there to be a quest/errand tab so you know what things you're able to do. Like, catch a fish for this neighbor, or find this neighbors key. Things like that shown on a menu, and maybe some special quests like catching a rare fish or rare insects would be cool too! Or have more RPG elements when it comes to leveling up for equipping better tools. They probably won't have that, but it's a cool thought.

Just want to know - ^ Can someone explain the journal thing to me? Was it on GC?

Anyway, talking about grass, I was just thinking I would like it better if they made it more ... real looking. I mean, in the past games it was just basically flat ground with green shapes on them. What if they made it a (very short) grass that actually comes out of the ground. Maybe they can make it when it rains it goes a bit greener and if it has not rained for a long time, it may go a bit darker (but not die - that will be just a bad, annoying feature of the game). I am just thinking it would be better if they make the grass as though it could actually be real.

Of course the grass in the upcoming game are still flat shapes on the ground, but I like how it looks that tiny bit more real and better. Talking about the environment I like how the environment looks much better and real. Especially the trees and snow.

What do you think?

Lots of love,

Cherrypie

P.s. Add me on the 3ds!
Idk if it was on the GC version (i never had it), but pretty much all it is is going on your game, and opening up a book to write a journal... IMO, why would you bother, you'd be limited to the 3DS's keyboard, which would take longer than writing it out my hand or even typing. If you're going to make a journal, blog about it so it's not only limited to your viewing.

The grass has improved, I think it looks much better, i can understand why you dont agree, but it's an improvement. as for the rain thing. I don't agree, my grass never get's watered, i live in the bush/desert and it never rains, but the grass lives, and it's never watered, it doesn't change color or anything, it's just like that,

I'm not too bothered on graphics. Especially for Animal Crossing, and even more especially for a handheld title.
I'd rather them cram a bunch of good features into the game with less stylized graphics, than have them put a few good features and more styling.

also, I agree with bidoof on the journals.

I'd like some sort of option to add drawings to the bulletin board with your notices.

Two good points here. Yes i'd much prefer gameplay over graphics, i mean the graphics have been downgraded from the first images we got back in 2010. So i'm kinda happy about this
the second point is adding drawings/photos to the bulletin board, i know it's something simple, but it could really add character to the game.

I want there to be a quest/errand tab so you know what things you're able to do. Like, catch a fish for this neighbor, or find this neighbors key. Things like that shown on a menu, and maybe some special quests like catching a rare fish or rare insects would be cool too! Or have more RPG elements when it comes to leveling up for equipping better tools. They probably won't have that, but it's a cool thought.

I like the first part, but i don't like the idea of turning it into an RPG, i think the pace it's at now, and the current tools' functions are enough. Though i wouldn't mind getting a new tool in this game.

THIS.
:D

Back