• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Mobile game announced

Hmm, I'd be interested to see what kind of Animal Crossing game it would be - I would assume it would be a spin-off game and not a full-blown additional to the AC series or at least I would hope not ;u;

fire emblem and animal crossing???? really? wtf is fire emblem mobile gonna be? a card game? and then mobile animal crossing...ehh maybe taking care of villagers..

Buy your favorite villagers for 1$!

Buy 1 million bells for a 1$!
5 million bells for 3$!

Oh, boy I can't wait!

Got a feeling it's going to be in a similar fashion, you're going to be microtransactioned a LOT, it's the kind of game that easily would allow that, because one of the biggest selling points to why people play it is the collecting of items to do certain themes in their houses- like say Happy Home Designer! Goodbye paycheck, I hardly knew you!

I'm pretty excited, but as someone who cannot even play a game like Miitomo without intense lag, I'm really hoping they find a way to make it good without making it have HD graphics and huge file sizes.

I'm not happy I think it will be a spin off game.

I think you're right, it's looks like it's going to be a spin off. Fingers crossed that it's not a main AC game because of the smartphone limitations. Lets hope it's not something like Miitomo, but I'm guessing it'll be either Clash Royale or Heartstone - since it's a spin-off, it won't be looking after a town with villagers. Or maybe they'll do something like Mario Puzzles and Dragons.

I'm definitely swaying more towards a mini amiibo festival, so basically loads of mini games to earn credits which can be redeemed in other games for like DLC or something...

I hope they still plan on making another AC console game....

Also what is NX?

NX is Nintendo's next system that's coming out in March 2017. It's rumored to be a home console/portable combo, but that hasn't been confirmed. But Nintendo has said that the Animal Crossing app can be connected with Animal Crossing "for dedicated gaming systems," which seems to imply that a new/full Animal Crossing game is also on the way...likely for NX. But until they announce the specifics, we don't really know how that will work.

Well, I'm more hyped by the fact that Nintendo says it will be connected to the games in the Animal Crossing serie. So I guess we can expect an Animal Crossing NX !

Last edited:
Nintendo themselves said a couple of years ago that Animal Crossing works best as a portable game... I really can't see a home console ever getting a AC title again... the only way would be is if the NX was a portable/home hybrid which the user could choose how to use it... i.e. the game play the same as a portable as it does played on a tv...

Animal Crossing Smart Phone App

Did anyone else see this?
http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/27/nintendo-animal-crossing-fire-emblem-apps/

It's stated that: "They'll be released in the fall and take different approaches to their respective franchises." and Animal Crossing, on the other hand, is a casual franchise about living in a carefree village and furnishing a beautiful home. Nintendo describes its upcoming smartphone app as a "connected" experience with "the world of Animal Crossing" on consoles. It's not clear, however, if this is a reference to a new Animal Crossing game, or existing titles like New Leaf, Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival. 'By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment,' Nintendo hints.

What's everyone's thoughts? Is this a possible hint that another Animal Crossing title is on it's way and will have some compatibility with the app? Because, in all honesty, how would New Leaf be able to interact with a smart phone? Sounds like as good a hint as any.

Dide, literally everyone who plays animal crossing not lviing under a rock has heard of this in the first days it was announced. Just saying. I'll definitely be downloading the app to chekc it out, as it seems interestign and I want to see their take on it. It might be a hint, but then again it might not be. Perhaps the Nx will have an animal crossing? Hope this gets some discussion, and sorry if i was a bit rude at the beginning.

I actually have never heard of this! That's so cool. I'd like to download this app for sure and see what they do with it.

In all honesty, I have heard this a few times already, and for some reason, I am expecting we should be able to use it on previous games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Then again, I may be wrong. I think it is best I wait and see what it has to offer when they announce it again or once it comes out.

Also, you sure the forum post should be in here? I mean, in a way, we are not directly talking about New leaf, we are talking about the mobile app. Shouldn't this be in the General Discussion for Animal Crossing? Just curious.

Back