• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Horizons has gone 2 months without an update and we’re going into July with not only no new features or events but nothing new at

I don't see a hidden video on the Animal Crossing playlist. So if we are getting a video trailer it probably won't be today.

I think the trailers are most commonly released on Tuesdays at about 11pm Japan time.

We have to get our firework shows back, so we should get some kind of update this week. If nothing new is coming to the game except Fireworks and bug fixes, we may not even get a trailer. Isabelle will just announce the fireworks on Twitter and that'll be that. If that happens, at least we have the data miners to tell us if there are any changes to current secrets or additions of more secrets .

I need to point something out...

Animal Crossing is sadly a game lacking any major competition, as it's very much the only game of its kind. That is, there is no other game that comes close to the nature of this game: A real time, open ended, relaxing, passive fantasy parallel life sim.

Really: Think of all the other games out there that would actually work as an alternative to it. Many life sims are easily cancelled out due to their clock not being real time - Or that the game is so focused on some kind of skill or mission, it's too restrictive and has little self pacing it all. And how many alternatives are even close to having the amount of furniture/clothing selection of even this latest game - and in full HD?

My point is that because this title has a natural monopoly over its own genre, there's really no pressure at all for the devs of this game to immediately send updates our way as fast as possible. Unless there's another new game that can outdo this title and take the userbase away from Animal Crossing, you all will have to live with what we have for now.

Cue Animal Crossing version Paralives! (of course that's still early in development and might very well be a flop)

I think the trailers are most commonly released on Tuesdays at about 11pm Japan time.

We have to get our firework shows back, so we should get some kind of update this week. If nothing new is coming to the game except Fireworks and bug fixes, we may not even get a trailer. Isabelle will just announce the fireworks on Twitter and that'll be that. If that happens, at least we have the data miners to tell us if there are any changes to current secrets or additions of more secrets .
I see the update coming at the end of the week. I don’t see it being more then just the fireworks and seasonal items. Maybe a couple of new items. If we were going to get something else I would think they would want to announce it sooner to get people excited for it. As far as data miners I prefer not to look since if they do find something doesn’t mean we will get it.

The difference here is that New Leaf has loads more content than New Horizons and also wasn't promised continues updates

New Leaf was pretty much Animal Crossing we know and love but with extra features. The Welcome Amiibo update which came 3 years later was a complete surprise with a couple QOL additions. Sure some City Folk features were missing from New Leaf, but nothing extreme. And fair point the Nintendo 3DS was not as powerful as a Wii console. New Horizons sold with no holidays. Not even Bunny Day existed until ver 1.1. It's completely fair to say New Horizons was sold as an incomplete game on that fact alone.

There's no proof, but I'm confident things like Leif, Swimming, Redd/Art, Luna, etc were not just after thoughts, but were always planned to be in this game. They were just withheld to give Nintendo more time to polish them and prioritize releasing some other things. Nintendo probably didn't want to delay the game any longer and just released what they had working. It's unknown just how much more Nintendo plans to give us before they reach the end of their list for what they've intended to be in the game from the start.

Do you have OLED switch? Nintendo might make it only available to those who do. Like they did with the ACNH Switch 😞
the acnh switch is available in nooks shopping if you want one :) i dont have that console but was still able to buy one

I need to point something out...

Animal Crossing is sadly a game lacking any major competition, as it's very much the only game of its kind. That is, there is no other game that comes close to the nature of this game: A real time, open ended, relaxing, passive fantasy parallel life sim.

Really: Think of all the other games out there that would actually work as an alternative to it. Many life sims are easily cancelled out due to their clock not being real time - Or that the game is so focused on some kind of skill or mission, it's too restrictive and has little self pacing it all. And how many alternatives are even close to having the amount of furniture/clothing selection of even this latest game - and in full HD?

My point is that because this title has a natural monopoly over its own genre, there's really no pressure at all for the devs of this game to immediately send

There's this game,Hokko Life.Yeah,I wouldn't call it major competition but it's been described by many in the gaming community as an Animal Crossing clone.It looks like it might be an okay game but those villagers are scary looking.

A reminder as many have said, the update has to come out on or before August 1st because August 1st is also coincidentally the first Sunday Fireworks Show. They could of course skip the first Fireworks Show but that would be unfortunate to do since last year you could get one of four different items each time you attended. If they released the update after the 1st then there would only be 3 Sundays in August for the show, therefore new players who don’t TT won’t be able to get the 4 items, only 3 of them.

I think update announcement on Thursday and update releases Saturday.

There's this game,Hokko Life.Yeah,I wouldn't call it major competition but it's been described by many in the gaming community as an Animal Crossing clone.It looks like it might be an okay game but those villagers are scary looking.
I remember when this game was coming out and it was around the same time that NH was releasing. Seemed pretty suspicious. I just watched the trailer and it feels more like a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory hybrid with animals and less of an Animal Crossing clone.

Yeah the villagers are a little off-putting, but it looks to be based more on realism and less like AC's cutsey look. They did show that you can decorate a villager's home any way you want which is something that NH doesn't do. So I wonder how much other things are in the game that they did better/worst than NH.

I remember when this game was coming out and it was around the same time that NH was releasing. Seemed pretty suspicious. I just watched the trailer and it feels more like a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory hybrid with animals and less of an Animal Crossing clone.

Yeah the villagers are a little off-putting, but it looks to be based more on realism and less like AC's cutsey look. They did show that you can decorate a villager's home any way you want which is something that NH doesn't do. So I wonder how much other things are in the game that they did better/worst than NH.

Oh I don’t know, I think the villagers are kinda cute. :)

So I just watched like 10 seconds of a Hokko Life video on Youtube and just in that amount of time they showed that you can place furniture down any way you want. Want it at a diagonal pattern so it's caddy-cornered ? Boom. Done. There isn't any restrictive and huge barriers between furniture which Nintendo has done and made it feel so weird.

And you don't have to manually drag or rotate stuff outside. It works just like the furniture placement grid that you do inside the homes in NH. Looks like this game is doing their homework and listening to all of our complaints and Nintendo is just shooting themselves in the foot. They may have competition now.

Oh I don’t know, I think the villagers are kinda cute. :)
I think it's their monotone expression. It feels like they're kind of lifeless.

So I just watched like 10 seconds of a Hokko Life video on Youtube and just in that amount of time they showed that you can place furniture down any way you want. Want it at a diagonal pattern so it's caddy-cornered ? Boom. Done. There isn't any restrictive and huge barriers between furniture which Nintendo has done and made it feel so weird.

And you don't have to manually drag or rotate stuff outside. It works just like the furniture placement grid that you do inside the homes in NH. Looks like this game is doing their homework and listening to all of our complaints and Nintendo is just shooting themselves in the foot. They may have competition now.

I think it's their monotone expression. It feels like they're kind of lifeless.
I fully agree! It looks like a great game! Unfortunately, the villagers' designs are enough for me to not buy. The villagers are a big appeal to me in Animal Crossing so to have those villagers look the way they do bothers me. I hate to be that picky but hey.

i gave up on any real updates long ago. when they started giving us whoopie cushions and prom clothes i knew that was it. they know people want new content and they clearly dont care. they r still making money off pocket camp so thats where they r focusing. i saw an article on here about an "expected update" soon with no proof there will be one. how is that any different than what those youtube guys do? they post videos with titles that get peoples hopes up only for it to not happen. they really shouldnt do that on here.

I fully agree! It looks like a great game! Unfortunately, the villagers' designs are enough for me to not buy. The villagers are a big appeal to me in Animal Crossing so to have those villagers look the way they do bothers me. I hate to be that picky but hey.
Apparently in that game though you can have as many villagers as your land can hold. There isn't a limit just a space limit. I know that's something others have voice here as well.

You can also plant/farm all sorts of vegetables, fruit, trees and it looks like cooking is a possibility to. Yeah the villager's are a bit creepy looking. If they didn't go the realistic human looking approach, they'd be more appealing. But they're doing a lot of things that people have been asking of NH for a long time.

You can even customize what you want from each furniture piece freely. So the colors and the such have a lot of different varieties just on that alone. I don't know, if some small named company can make a similar game with a lot of the stuff people were asking for, NH can do the same. Hokko Life is doing this during the pandemic to. So they can't keep milking that excuse.

i gave up on any real updates long ago. when they started giving us whoopie cushions and prom clothes i knew that was it. they know people want new content and they clearly dont care. they r still making money off pocket camp so thats where they r focusing. i saw an article on here about an "expected update" soon with no proof there will be one. how is that any different than what those youtube guys do? they post videos with titles that get peoples hopes up only for it to not happen. they really shouldnt do that on here.

To be fair, an update IS expected this week to enable the Fireworks before August 1st, which is a Sunday. Whatever it contains, we don't know. The article only speculates on the possible content it may bring. It is not clickbait, and it kinda comes across as rude for Justin.

I feel like the biggest problem is that there is barely any communication between Nintendo and the player base. I wish Nintendo would be more open about their plans other than "We have more new and fun activites planned". At this point I have accept that this is what Nintendo has envisioned for New Horizons although it makes me sad. New Leaf feels much more lively since there are more shops and NPCs, it actually feels like you are part of a little community meanwhile New Horizons feels more like an island designer game.

I still love New Horizons but it does make me sad to see so many core elements missing. My expectations are pretty low for the update, I don't think we will get anything else besides fireworks and some items.
Hopefully I will be proven wrong🍀

Back