• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Horizons has gone 2 months without an update and we’re going into July with not only no new features or events but nothing new at

I'm just wondering... As it's been a while since the last update, did they ever fix the villager museum glitch? Because I'm still having problems finding certain villagers at certain times of the day, and I'm unsure if it's because I'm missing them or if Nintendo have really taken this long between updates whilst leaving a fairly awful glitch like this in it.
Not as far as I know, since I see comments on the such resurface from time to time. I actually got curious myself lately and started seeking out all of my villagers. There was always one that I couldn't account for and my island isn't very developed yet and part isn't accessible to the villagers (I still checked)

Some claim it's because the villager's are in purgatory in the museum as they are in the pre-update of the Roost. I think that's just them being hopeful. NH usually has some bug or something whenever an update comes around. It took them almost 8 months to add the mermaid diy fence recipe. Was it not ready during the diving update and it took them that long? Or did they just forget to put it in lol.

Some claim it's because the villager's are in purgatory in the museum as they are in the pre-update of the Roost. I think that's just them being hopeful.

I don't know the inner workings of the game, but this theory makes sense to me lol.

Since we can restart the game and have the missing villagers respawn to somewhere we can find them, it makes it seem like they are spawning somewhere that is locked off to the player. The only other thing I can come up with is that something in the museum code has changed that caused them to stop appearing there when they are supposed to be there. The only museum change I can think of recently was the Stamp Rally in May.

Last edited:
Not as far as I know, since I see comments on the such resurface from time to time. I actually got curious myself lately and started seeking out all of my villagers. There was always one that I couldn't account for and my island isn't very developed yet and part isn't accessible to the villagers (I still checked)

Some claim it's because the villager's are in purgatory in the museum as they are in the pre-update of the Roost. I think that's just them being hopeful. NH usually has some bug or something whenever an update comes around. It took them almost 8 months to add the mermaid diy fence recipe. Was it not ready during the diving update and it took them that long? Or did they just forget to put it in lol.
Well I’m absolutely all for this theory. In fact I’m going to just assume that that’s the case, it makes me feel better. I just hope they’re enjoying the coffee!

Some claim it's because the villager's are in purgatory in the museum as they are in the pre-update of the Roost.

We're on to you Brewster. We know you're holding our friends!

animal_crossing_new_horizons_brewster-evil-780x450.jpg

I hope the museum glitch gets fixed soon... I miss meeting the villagers in the exhibits. Who knows if it ever gets fixed though. I honestly have zero faith in the devs. I wonder if they are even aware...
This is my concern. That they just aren't aware or don't think it's an issue worth resolving.

This is a wiki I use to check the update information and release dates.

On the Pave update before February they finally did this.
A previously unavailable item that was added in 1.3.0 but was not implemented due to a bug, Mermaid Fence, was made available in this update.
That's like 6-7 months. I don't know if they didn't know it until the Pave update, why it was never tested in full to ensure it worked accordingly, and why they never realized all the discussions circulating about 'the fence not being available' didn't raise suspicion for them. Because when the trailer came out they showed the fence and everyone kept commenting about not being able to get the mermaid fence.

And if for some reason they knew as early as the 1.3 update where diving/Pascal was introduced, why did they let it go on as long as they did? Yeah it's just one fence recipe, but 'That just one diy suddenly starts to become more and more' and at what point do we stop to say yeah they aren't doing as much as they should.

Because with all the discussion circulating, there's no way they didn't take notice about the lack of the mermaid diy. And the same can be said about the missing villagers and lack of them in the museum. If it's simply a bug that doesn't have anything to do with a museum upgrade, it could also be due to the last combination update we had with May Day, Stamp, and Wedding month because that was the span of months. Were people noticing this before the last update?

I'm not sure what's going on with Nintendo, what exactly they plan to do with New Horizons in the future, if the game is really dead already at this point as so many are saying... I'm plan to pick it up agian next week after a long break I took and will enjoy it as much as I can. If they release an update soon, then I hope it's a good one. If not... Well, then it is how it is I guess.

I think the biggest issue here is that Nintendo doesn't communicate with the fans at all. If they would just be honest, giving out a general information about the current status of New Horizons and saying if there any updates in the work as well as when the fans can expect something, then there wouldn't be so many angry fans. We would know what's going on. Of course the game gets more and more hate if people getting their hopes up everytime when the date for a possible annoucement of an update comes up and being disappointed afterwards when nothing happened. It's just sad, boring and pure drama at this point... And the game is not even 2 years old.

why it was never tested in full to ensure it worked accordingly, and why they never realized all the discussions circulating about 'the fence not being available' didn't raise suspicion for them. Because when the trailer came out they showed the fence and everyone kept commenting about not being able to get the mermaid fence.
I actually think they just didn't add it for whatever reason, because in the trailer for ACNH there is a white variation of a fence (or possibly just a whole new fence) that i am still yet to see implemented into the game. This game had SO much potential but it feels like Nintendo have given up.

I must admit i lost most hope after nothing was said about it during the recent E3 event, The statement about them "having future plans" seemed very last minute. I feel like they may have only said that because of the backlash after E3.
Post automatically merged:

And the game is not even 2 years old.

I'm sure Nintendo outright said when they released the game that they had 2 years of updates planned... i just wish they had told us these updates were the odd seasonal item and the SAME events. I mean c'mon, at least add a couple new items from the bug and fish tourneys. I have little to no reason to do them.

I actually think they just didn't add it for whatever reason, because in the trailer for ACNH there is a white variation of a fence (or possibly just a whole new fence) that i am still yet to see implemented into the game.
I thought about the white fence from the trailer when I was typing my previous comment. But in the update article, it states that it was a bug. I don't know if they have inside information or found out someway or are just speculating that it was a bug. But they way they wrote it seems to imply it was a fact and not opinion.

I thought about the white fence from the trailer when I was typing my previous comment. But in the update article, it states that it was a bug. I don't know if they have inside information or found out someway or are just speculating that it was a bug. But they way they wrote it seems to imply it was a fact and not opinion.
That's fair, i just want my dang white fences!

If it's simply a bug that doesn't have anything to do with a museum upgrade, it could also be due to the last combination update we had with May Day, Stamp, and Wedding month because that was the span of months. Were people noticing this before the last update?

I couldn't remember either, so I just looked up the old thread about it and it's from April 12 (link). Surprisingly, it looks like it happened with 1.9, which was the Sanrio update. The rumored museum cafe camera controls were discovered in the datamine of 1.10 iirc.

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay hopeful that we have to have something coming soon. I've also been underwhelmed with what they've done with this game so far. I always defended it at first, thinking that we were steadily going to get more content and updates as the months went by, but those have sadly been far too few. The article that was on my google homepage this morning was something I could agree with. "This "update" that's supposed to be coming is either going to save or end the game for most of us." All we can do is wait and see...if there's even anything to wait for.

Last edited:
I'm sure Nintendo outright said when they released the game that they had 2 years of updates planned... i just wish they had told us these updates were the odd seasonal item and the SAME events. I mean c'mon, at least add a couple new items from the bug and fish tourneys. I have little to no reason to do them.

The quote's specifically "So as far as the actual details and planning of the updates, we're still working on it. We want you to wait for further details to be announced. But I can definitely say that I'm really sure there will be an update and this includes Bunny Day for April. Animal Crossing is a game where you're able to enjoy seasonal changes throughout the year, and it syncs with real time and through that you are able to basically sync your real life with the game. We want to make sure that in two years or three years down the road, players will still continue to find new surprises in the game. So we hope to create an update that you can do that with." which is more "we hope to make more stuff for this game" as opposed to "we've got concrete plans to make 2-3 years of stuff".

FWIW, as I've said before, I think more stuff is coming. The game's sold well enough that it's in good enough health (compared to something like Super Mario Maker 2, which had a couple of costumes that seemed like they were planning additional game styles for, but ended up making them into costumes instead) but I'm also currently in a position where I can't realistically predict what's coming next. There's stuff that's turned up in datamines, but I don't really know how developed that is to confidently say "yeah, X is turning up, Y is turning up!" anymore, in the same way that it's also affected by the fact that I better understand what the game is compared to last year (both in its positives and negatives).

All I can do at this point is wait.

But luckily enough, a new update is going to be happening in the upcoming week, so now I've got to brace myself for what's coming!

It's no wonder when the fans expecting therefore frequently updates when Nintendo said something like this, especially when we got every month since the release updates before they suddenly stopped. And that's what I mean with the not existing communication between Nintendo and the fans. They should have explain in a proper way how they handle this and what exactly they meant with the support of the game for the next few years. Like saying around which times we can expect updates, what kind of updates (bigger or smaller ones), making announcements to keep the fans informed, perhaps also answering fan questions etc.

Take a look at the official AC twitter account for example. Since they stopped with the updates, very single time when "Isabelle" makes a tweet it's either just small talk, an announcement for a seasonal item which is now available at the Nook Shop or just a reminder for the fishing tourney/Bug Off. The replies are to 80% people getting mad for the lack of updates and how boring the game is now, 10% people saying everyone should calm down and just enjoy the game and 10% people who make fun of this whole situation. It's a pure dumpster fire and depressing to look at.

Also I agree with adding news items. I also don't take part in any of these two events anymore due to the fact that I already have all the items as well as missing motivation.

I need to point something out...

Animal Crossing is sadly a game lacking any major competition, as it's very much the only game of its kind. That is, there is no other game that comes close to the nature of this game: A real time, open ended, relaxing, passive fantasy parallel life sim.

Really: Think of all the other games out there that would actually work as an alternative to it. Many life sims are easily cancelled out due to their clock not being real time - Or that the game is so focused on some kind of skill or mission, it's too restrictive and has little self pacing it all. And how many alternatives are even close to having the amount of furniture/clothing selection of even this latest game - and in full HD?

My point is that because this title has a natural monopoly over its own genre, there's really no pressure at all for the devs of this game to immediately send updates our way as fast as possible. Unless there's another new game that can outdo this title and take the userbase away from Animal Crossing, you all will have to live with what we have for now.

At this point, I'd be happy to pay $20 for some dlc. :-(

A coffee shop with Brewster and mini games would be great. Or maybe new stuff to buy from the current NPCs. Anything would be appreciated.

Free content would be great but it's looking like there won't be major new content updates now that the 1st year is over.
Post automatically merged:

I need to point something out...

Animal Crossing is sadly a game lacking any major competition, as it's very much the only game of its kind.

I agree. I purchased a few games that are supposed to be similar but I just don't like them as much.

Last edited:
I couldn't remember either, so I just looked up the old thread about it and it's from April 12 (link). Surprisingly, it looks like it happened with 1.9, which was the Sanrio update. The rumored museum cafe camera controls were discovered in the datamine of 1.10 iirc.
Interesting— I figured the bug surfaced with the Museum Day 2021 unlock, and something happened to the code that inadvertently blocked villagers from appearing in the museum during the event.

In any event, I hope that villagers reappear in the exhibit halls soon, if not this week when they unlock fireworks. As much as I would love them hanging out with Brewster in a museum cafe, I really enjoyed running into villagers checking out the exhibits.

I don't see a hidden video on the Animal Crossing playlist. So if we are getting a video trailer it probably won't be today.

Back