• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

Hours away from only being 24 hours away! So excited for tomorrow night!

i just got a call from EB Games saying that they were still open on the 20th, or i could do a digital download at 9pm on the 19th

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO i will probably still go get a physical copy unless there are other circumstances

My stores should still be open, but I decided to go digital to protect my health and to remain safe. I just felt the risk of that potential being at the wrong place at the wrong time happening.

I was extremely reluctant at first, but I don't regret going digital for ACNH. But only for ACNH. Going physical for everything else, haha.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I sadly had to cancel my preorder for a physical copy since it's what the guy at GameStop recommended, because who knows what might happen by then with everything shutting down. I was able to buy digital though thankfully, so at least I'll get to play the second it's released that night and avoid crowds if the store were to stay open.

Hours away from only being 24 hours away! So excited for tomorrow night!

My stores should still be open, but I decided to go digital to protect my health and to remain safe. I just felt the risk of that potential being at the wrong place at the wrong time happening.

I was extremely reluctant at first, but I don't regret going digital for ACNH. But only for ACNH. Going physical for everything else, haha.

yes! i am still debating - i really want the physical just in case something happens and i need to sell it in the future :)() but i'm worried because i know a lot of old people like to go to the mall in the morning LOL and i don't want to get sick or get them sick !! either way, i'm so so excited for it to come out

mp6Qiqw.jpg

Nice early delivery slot for tomorrow. :blush:

i'm going to eb games (pretty much the australian version of gamestop) to pick it up tomorrow, it's a physical copy that was pre-ordered for my birthday : ).

the virus has hit 100+ in my state, but my school still hasn't shut down and i'm going to go get my pre-order after school.
i'll promise to use a lot of hand sanitiser and avoid close contact with people.

It's the final day for all who didn't pre-ordered online from a store that waits until after the release date to give you your game.:mad:

I'm going to suffer for a few more days. :(

Last edited:
Working from home due to covid-19, so im trying to work overtime today and finish friday's workload so I can play all day tomorrow during work hours. It's so difficult tho cause I'm super excited for the release and I keep looking at the clock!

There is an update on the e shop for digital owners:

Hey folks there is an update on the eshop. Hover over animal crossing, hit the + symbol, scroll down 1 click to “software update”, and click “via the internet”.

Last edited:
the first villager i met on a nook miles island was audie! i was really hoping to get her so i'm glad i met her so soon.

the game is soo good! i time travelled a little bit and already got the museum and holy,,, it's gonna be my favorite place in the whole game

Still waiting to get mines unfortunately...
I hope I get it the very first part of next week. :(

I hear you, it’s so bad as I know my copy is 45 minutes away at a distribution hub and I can’t get it until Monday as whoever packaged my game clearly didn’t know what kind of game it was, and shipped it using fedex smart post instead of ground... (meaning if they used ground, it would have been delivered today instead of tomorrow)

Back