• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Release Date Countdown

With my boyfriend being away in Afghan and being on holiday ATM everything is going by so fast right now! Yay that means AC will be out quick!

Yes, everyone IS going crazy! Especially for a countdown...I'd do a lot just to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf! If the date was fake (it TOTALLY won't be, so no one flip out) I would literally go INSANE...I love Animal Crossing so much!^^

Yes, everyone IS going crazy! Especially for a countdown...I'd do a lot just to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf! If the date was fake (it TOTALLY won't be, so no one flip out) I would literally go INSANE...I love Animal Crossing so much!^^

I have a small hope it is fake and they bring it out earlier. - If the Korean could be released a month after it's announcement, then I feel it's totally feasible to hope they suddenly bring it out in May. (even though they won't, but it's not unheard of.)

Hey guys, I have something to tell you! Lin and Ko have a second YouTube channel! It's called Linandko Retrogaming! I don't think very many people knew about it because it only had about 422 subscribers when I found it. So to those of you who are Lin and Ko fans, go look it up!

Hey guys, I have something to tell you! Lin and Ko have a second YouTube channel! It's called Linandko Retrogaming! I don't think very many people knew about it because it only had about 422 subscribers when I found it. So to those of you who are Lin and Ko fans, go look it up!
Thank you for this! I was rewatching their NL videos but I've seen them all like twice now. Now I can chill and watch Lindsey play Animal Crossing E+. XD

OK, I get it, my countdown timer isn't wrong, it's just because it's not showing hours. It's a teeny widget that shows only the days to go! Still fancy myself one with hours too, I'll get a nice specific one this weekend!

I have a small hope it is fake and they bring it out earlier. - If the Korean could be released a month after it's announcement, then I feel it's totally feasible to hope they suddenly bring it out in May. (even though they won't, but it's not unheard of.)

Yeah, but Korean is similar to Japanese and they celebrate the same holidays in AC (like the bean troll day thing) so it's different for Korea. They have to take them out and give us different holidays for the West.

69 days for us today, woo~
the only problem is this is the more hectic time of school, and exam week and stuff about the week before it comes out :p

Yeah, but Korean is similar to Japanese and they celebrate the same holidays in AC (like the bean troll day thing) so it's different for Korea. They have to take them out and give us different holidays for the West.

I'm pretty sure they have different holidays as well though. - I'm sure there was a list somewhere in this forum that shown this, but I can only find the unconfirmed list at the moment. Though yes, I am pretty sure it is easier and quicker for them to translate to Korean and release, than to get all the European languages in. But a boy can dream, right?

I accidentally lost my AC:WW game cartridge somewhere I know I will not find it again. I'll have to count on City Folk and the GameCube Version to tide me over I guess.

I'm pretty sure they have different holidays as well though. - I'm sure there was a list somewhere in this forum that shown this, but I can only find the unconfirmed list at the moment. Though yes, I am pretty sure it is easier and quicker for them to translate to Korean and release, than to get all the European languages in. But a boy can dream, right?
The sentence structure for Japanese and Korean are very similar, which makes me think that they were able to localize New Leaf a lot quicker compared to the EU/NA versions. The earlier release took me by surprise though, because [hand-held] gaming consoles aren't as popular over there; people much prefer computer gaming.

They do share a few of the same holidays, but not a whole bunch; most of which are region-exclusive and are not likely to appear in other versions. but hey, at least we can still experience them through wi-fi with friends in those regions. I'm sure there will be plenty of people on TBT that will be willing to let you visit for a holiday exclusive or trade exclusive DLCs. :)

June seems so close, yet so far.

When I look at....
Days: OMG THATS SO LONG ;~;
Weeks: Thats sort of close... :/
Months: OMG ITS SO CLOSE YAAAY :D

I accidentally lost my AC:WW game cartridge somewhere I know I will not find it again. I'll have to count on City Folk and the GameCube Version to tide me over I guess.

You could get a new cartridge if you really wanted to, as soon as they're no longer in production, you can probably get one without a box/instructions, used, for next to nothing.

Animal crossing was popular before in the USA but lose popularity. I think the demand should increase this year. :) $$$$$

Thanks for the count down! I remember waiting when it was in the hundreds :p

Back