• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Anyone know where to get Japanese copy?

japanvideogames.com ?

.... this could work.
sorry guys, besides this forum, pokemon, and occasional zelda, I'm not a video gaming/computer/programming person at all. So I don't know where to get all of this stuff.

edit: just kidding it isn't on there... but thanks jake! :)

I've already translated that exact picture in another thread...maybe look at my history and you'll find it.

As for where to buy it, you could try Japan Amazon or Rakuten. Playasia and all that is an option too, although they tend to really overprice their things. Given that the yen is strong now, using the $ to buy makes it pretty cheap in comparison, so even buying directly from a Japanese place probably wouldn't be as expensive as a place that caters to westerners (and racks up the prices accordingly).

Last edited:
Last edited:
You're welcome. ^_^

I'm surprised some of the limited XLs are cheaper than the limited 3ds's.

You're very lucky! If my parents would let me, I would get the Japanese Animal Crossing Nintendo 3DS Bundle, so you can sell it all together when the English version comes out.
Also, the button on the left will always be No, and the button on the right will be Yes.
Also, I think the best option when neighbours ask you something is the top option.

You're welcome. ^_^

I'm surprised some of the limited XLs are cheaper than the limited 3ds's.

I'm now a proud owner of a Japanese Ice-White Nintendo 3DS only cost me $196, well actually $186

I'm now a proud owner of a Japanese Ice-White Nintendo 3DS only cost me $196, well actually $186
Congrats! :D
That's a really good price too.

I saw your post in the other thread. It's nice that I won't be the only one getting the digital copy. Those who are importing a physical copy may have to wait a few days to get their game.

Congrats! :D
I saw your post in the other thread. It's nice that I won't be the only one getting the digital copy. Those who are importing a physical copy may have to wait a few days to get their game.

Exactly! Because on November 8th you will need to order it from Japan and it will take almost 3 weeks to arrive somewhere like NA, not to mention it might get soldout for a few weeks. Hopefully it won't be to much trouble learning how to add a credit card to the system and downloading it. Otherwise I should be playing November 8th no problem.

The hardest option will be learning how to delete my CreditCard From the system so when I decide to sell it someone wont have access to it.

I can't remember who suggested it, but they said to used the English eshop side by side the japan one to give you an idea where every button and option is.

EDIT: That was you who suggested it :p

Last edited:
Your American credit card isn't guaranteed to work on the Japanese eShop just by the way. It's fairly hit and miss from what I've seen.

Buying Japanese eShop pre-paid cards online is another option if the credit card doesn't work.

If they're getting EMS shipping it will only take around 2-3 days possibly a bit longer.

Yes, having an English 3ds side by side helps; however, the credit card menu is not exactly the same on both systems (I had both menus open side by side). There was one screen that I wasn't too sure of what it was.
Because of the timezone difference, we can get our games on the 7th. :)

Jump Out is retailing for 4800 yen. You will need 5000.

They're charging $51.99 for a 3000 point card? ._.
It may be cheaper to go the eshop route, even with the conversion rates. Eshop has a 5000 point option.

Last edited:
Yeah, directly buying through the eShop will probably be cheaper. I was just warning him that it's possible his credit card could not work on it. Heard from some people that it's a bit hit and miss. It works for you though Mint right?

Back