• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Anyone know where to get Japanese copy?

My credit card worked fine. If it helps at all, I used a Visa card.

Alright thanks. If I cant get my Credit Card to work I'll get the points. So far, people on the internet say buying yen in the eshop works with most American Credit Cards.

EDIT

Mint, is it possible to could make some kind of navigation tutorial for adding funds with Credit Cards? I have both a Visa Debit Card and a Visa Credit Card (Captital One). Hopefully one of the two works

Alright thanks. If I cant get my Credit Card to work I'll get the points. So far, people on the internet say buying yen in the eshop works with most American Credit Cards.

EDIT

Mint, is it possible to could make some kind of navigation tutorial for adding funds with Credit Cards? I have both a Visa Debit Card and a Visa Credit Card (Captital One). Hopefully one of the two works

I'll try making one now and if you're still stuck, I will add pictures if needed.

The wonderful world of the Japanese eshop:

Go to the eshop and click on the button of an orange card with a plus sign.

Hit the button that shows the mastercard logo and says Visa.

I don't know what the next screen is, but it has two boxes and wants a number. It's not the security code, I put in the last two numbers of the security code last time (I thought that was what it wanted) and it would not accept any other number but the number I previously put, so remember this number! This screen does not show up in the English menu (it goes right to point amounts). Hit okay after putting in a number.
Next point values will show up. It won't let me hit 5000 again. :/ That's interesting to know.

Pick your points.

Next is a screen showing credit card logos, hit Visa.
(I'm not completing this next step. I don't want more points)
Now you will see a screen with a bunch of boxes for your credit card info (this screen is in the English eshop)
Long box- Credit card number
Next are two boxes with /20 in between them. This is the expiration date.
The next box is the security code. Once everything is complete, hit Okay. I believe that is the last step. :)

Edit: I may add pictures to this later today with the English and Japanese 3ds's side by side for comparison. It's already Sunday. Dx Good night!

Last edited:
Maybe that code you enter at the beginning is like the code they have you Enter when saving credit cards on the english eshop. That way if you loose your device, no one can make purchases.

Thanks for help. I'll be sure to try this out when I get my console sometime next week

Edit: Actually, that code might be parental Setting code. I have parent password turned on for security reasons, it asks me to enter it before attempting to add funds.

Last edited:
I don't have parental settings setup on either of my consoles.
I haven't seen the screen in the English eshop, but I also haven't added funds to my English 3ds from the eshop. For all I know, that screen shows up later on the English one.

traceguy, once you get AC3DS we gotta visit each others towns! You're the only other guy I know who's getting it so far. :p

traceguy, once you get AC3DS we gotta visit each others towns! You're the only other guy I know who's getting it so far. :p

I'll send you my FC sometime next week. Hopefully we will be able to use English keyboard for communication in the game.

I'll send you my FC sometime next week. Hopefully we will be able to use English keyboard for communication in the game.

Your 3DS FC? We will be able for sure. Almost every Japanese game I've played includes an English keyboard.

Your 3DS FC? We will be able for sure. Almost every Japanese game I've played includes an English keyboard.

From what I saw on the translation thread, we will be able to, after all I think English letters are standard with the Japanese language. Yes, I mean my (Japanese) 3DS friend code.

We need a directory of all those playing the Japan version ;)

So far I have seen the following users say they are buying the Japanese version:

Saratoga
Lyssa
Cartoty
Mint
Traceguy
WhitneyLeigh23
iMaester

I will be getting the English version of the Japanese copy in first half of 2013. U jelly?

I will be getting the English version of the Japanese copy in first half of 2013. U jelly?

That makes no sense. If you are referring to getting The English version, let me tell you, it's not a "copy of the Japanese version". Also, if by "jelly" you mean jealous

1. What reasons would there be for jealousy?
2. I've have Animal Crossing: Jumpout NoA version pre-orded for more than a year now. I'm getting it too.

Now let me ask you one final thing... >>> I'll be playing AC:JO on Nov 7th, you jelly bro?

That makes no sense. If you are referring to getting The English version, let me tell you, it's not a "copy of the Japanese version". Also, if by "jelly" you mean jealous

2. I've have Animal Crossing: Jumpout NoA version pre-orded for more than a year now. I'm getting it too.

Now let me ask you one final thing... >>> I'll be playing AC:JO on Nov 7th, you jelly bro?

I am :p.

He was just joking around... :)

Back