• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Anyone know where to get Japanese copy?

I'll be getting the Japanese version..won't know FC til I get the 3DS with the game.

Yay! We'll have to exchange fcs once you have your 3ds. ^_^
So you're getting the Animal Crossing bundle then? Nice. :3

I'll be getting the Japanese version..won't know FC til I get the 3DS with the game.

That's cool, we'll need to add you to the roster.

How soon will you have the game? November, December, few months?

EDIT: It seems I have already asked this. The forums were acting up so my post did not appear for a while.

Last edited:
To everyone who asked.. I'm not getting the bundle. I had had a Japanese 3DS ordered along with the game, but since it was announced that the game can be downloaded from the e-shop at midnight on the 8th (which is 10am on the 7th where I live) I cancelled that and just ordered the Japanese 3ds. Should be here by Wednesday next week. I will definitely post my friend code for it once I get all set up. :)

To everyone who asked.. I'm not getting the bundle. I had had a Japanese 3DS ordered along with the game, but since it was announced that the game can be downloaded from the e-shop at midnight on the 8th (which is 10am on the 7th where I live) I cancelled that and just ordered the Japanese 3ds. Should be here by Wednesday next week. I will definitely post my friend code for it once I get all set up. :)

Awesome!

Received my Japanese 3ds today! For all who wanted to exchange, mine is 5069-5378-0298. If anyone wants to add, please PM me details. :)

Edit: Trace, I added you since your FC is in your siggy.

Last edited:
I ordered my 3ds a few days ago and it should be here any day now!
When it arrives, I will edit this post with my friend code ^.^
I also pre-ordered the game from Play-Asia with 1-3 days shipping, so I should have it some time next week after it releases!!

I recently got my own Japanese 3DS, as I stated elsewhere. I'm surprised that the Internet speed of that 3DS is as fast as my North American 3DS XL does, which bodes well if I get to play the Japanese version of AC:NL online. All I need to do is to download the game off from the Japanese eShop during the launch day and then I'm all set!
Importing a physical copy will yield me an import fee to get it to reach in my country, which tends to be a bit expensive.

Trace, I added you since your FC is in your siggy.

Sweet, I'll add you next time I have my 3DS with me.

I recently got my own Japanese 3DS, as I stated elsewhere. I'm surprised that the Internet speed of that 3DS is as fast as my North American 3DS XL does, which bodes well if I get to play the Japanese version of AC:NL online. All I need to do is to download the game off from the Japanese eShop during the launch day and then I'm all set!
Importing a physical copy will yield me an import fee to get it to reach in my country, which tends to be a bit expensive.

Um, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have fast internet? If you are connected to your home wifi then it would be 100% same speed as your other 3DS

[...]

Um, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have fast internet? If you are connected to your home wifi then it would be 100% same speed as your other 3DS

I thought that the Japanese 3DS needed to connect at a far distant server to play online games, so I naturally feared it would take a bit longer (or a little more laggy), according the test I've done with Speedtest.net. Thanks goodness that this isn't actually the case. I guess with my decent-enough Internet connection, I wouldn't experience too much lag.

I thought that the Japanese 3DS needed to connect at a far distant server to play online games, so I naturally feared it would take a bit longer (or a little more laggy), according the test I've done with Speedtest.net. Thanks goodness that this isn't actually the case. I guess with my decent-enough Internet connection, I wouldn't experience too much lag.

Actually you're somewhat right about the distant server. However, Your 3DS connect to the router. The router then connects to the server. Depending g on your router and your internet providers, you may or may not have good speed. Hopefully the connection speed will be awesome for most Japan importers

Actually you're somewhat right about the distant server. However, Your 3DS connect to the router. The router then connects to the server. Depending g on your router and your internet providers, you may or may not have good speed. Hopefully the connection speed will be awesome for most Japan importers

Wait wait wait... what's all this about different internet connection for 3DS games?
I haven't tried it yet but I noticed my friend and I couldn't play DS to DS on Wild World when we were each playing on a 3ds...
does this have to do with that?

Wait wait wait... what's all this about different internet connection for 3DS games?
I haven't tried it yet but I noticed my friend and I couldn't play DS to DS on Wild World when we were each playing on a 3ds...
does this have to do with that?

Either your router is newer than the DS Phats, or you haven't set up DS WiFi yet

Hint: DS WiFi is not the same as 3DS WiFi... Set up DS WiFi from ACWW by talking to Brooker (or copper... can't remember)

Hi all,

I also preordered the JP AC 3DS bundle and will be receiving it a few days after the official release. I will post my JP FC as soon as I receive it. Can't wait to play!

Awesome! :) The bundle is a really nice choice. ^^

I look forward to visiting your town.

This is starting to get really aweomse

List of People getting the Japan Version
  1. Saratoga
  2. Lyssa - 4038-7273-7646
  3. Cartoty
  4. Mint - 1547-6122-9653
  5. Traceguy - 0989-3176-5931
  6. WhitneyLeigh23 - TBA
  7. iMaester
  8. LaughingDingo - 5069-5378-0298
  9. TheBigJC7777777 - 5413-1343-2566
  10. Lios - TBA

Now I will need to gather everyone's Friend Codes. I think I only have two of you. (Mint and LaughingDingo)

Last edited:
Just to make your job a bit easier, feel free to take a peek at my signature for my 3DS Friend Code. I've added everyone on the list so far on my Japanese 3DS. Can't wait to host my town and visits yours on weekends! If I hadn't said it on TBT, I would be alone for like 4-5 months...

Just to make your job a bit easier, feel free to take a peek at my signature for my 3DS Friend Code. I've added everyone on the list so far on my Japanese 3DS. Can't wait to host my town and visits yours on weekends! If I hadn't said it on TBT, I would be alone for like 4-5 months...

I've added everyone whose friend code was on that list. Looking forward to next week.

Back