• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Approaching the One Year Anniversary, what will you think if there aren't any big updates coming?

I feel very disappointed with the updates we've seen these last months. First of all, we don't have a lot to do compared to New Leaf: villagers cannot come to your house (even if they say they'll do it, I restarted my island two days ago and the first day I get my home, my two villagers told me they'll visit me but it's actually false), you don't have a fun island with mini-games (yes, we can travel to mystery island, but I find them less fun), less places to visit (café, some shops) and of course less furnitures. Remember, first days of the game, we didn't have Redd, diving, dreams, etc etc. But too much is missing for the game to be perfect for me and really fun and interesting. Many have already deserted it.

I just hope the next updates will be better, with the return of at least Brewster, and maybe new fruits (banana, durian...) and more furnitures. Please. Not just based of a theme (for example Mario) but everything we enjoyed during the last opuses (HHD was very very good in term of decoration, I miss it). When I discovered Pocket Camp and saw all these wonderful items... why am I playing New Horizon?

I do hope more updates with more content. Months without any event as we could see last month is so sad. We lost something forever: spirit of Animal Crossing.

I feel very disappointed with the updates we've seen these last months. First of all, we don't have a lot to do compared to New Leaf: villagers cannot come to your house (even if they say they'll do it, I restarted my island two days ago and the first day I get my home, my two villagers told me they'll visit me but it's actually false), you don't have a fun island with mini-games (yes, we can travel to mystery island, but I find them less fun), less places to visit (café, some shops) and of course less furnitures. Remember, first days of the game, we didn't have Redd, diving, dreams, etc etc. But too much is missing for the game to be perfect for me and really fun and interesting. Many have already deserted it.
Someone decided to simplify the game for unknown reason. Another (bad) decision was consolidation, like "post stand" moved into airport.
Literally a sense of life has been taken from previous AC game. Villagers are rarely approaching while playing.
I feel lucky, I hadn't played much other AC games before I started playing NH, but once I started playing NL (since New Year Eve) on daily basis observing how much we lost and just living in dreams, dreaming about future updates and they never comming.

I just hope the next updates will be better, with the return of at least Brewster, and maybe new fruits (banana, durian...) and more furnitures. Please. Not just based of a theme (for example Mario) but everything we enjoyed during the last opuses (HHD was very very good in term of decoration, I miss it). When I discovered Pocket Camp and saw all these wonderful items... why am I playing New Horizon?
No, no, no and no. No Brewster, no new fruits, no new vegetables. They gave us pumpkins, but this was just made so quick with minimal effort and serves nothing else than making some more money... but money are useless, because there is not much we can buy for those.

I do hope more updates with more content. Months without any event as we could see last month is so sad. We lost something forever: spirit of Animal Crossing.
As you noticed, spirit of Animal Crossing has been lost and this cannot be patched with updates. But at least big N earned a good money... and in time NH will be dropped by them completely.

Answer is SIMPLE: I will be no significant update.

Who still believes is "happy return" of Brewster or any extra buildings... please, wake up. It's still a chance ACNH will be played until the end of 2021 because will be no point to play any longer. It will be pointless to play longer than a year, because everything will be seen, most of achievements will be completed and playing just because of 50th Birthday of CEO's aunt event will be so insignificant and will not give any motivation to play.

Who is missing a good content of New Leaf - my advice, do exactly the same as I did. Play in NL, do not sell 3DS or whatever you have, if you did, consider to buy one second hand, as New Horizons never will have such a content.

The initial data mine did show among other things (that did end up to be true) that there is some kind of plan for a café. Whether it be in the Museum or it's own building. IIRC, v1.7 shows that Katrina may be coming back soon.

It will be pointless to play longer than a year, because everything will be seen, most of achievements will be completed and playing just because of 50th Birthday of CEO's aunt event will be so insignificant and will not give any motivation to play.

You can easily say that it is pointless to play any Animal Crossing game for longer than a year. It isn't like New Horizons is missing the core of what makes Animal Crossing an Animal Crossing game. It is the same type of game as the previous installments.

I don't believe that the updates are making people less motivated to play. I just think that this game has been out for almost a year and people are finishing up their goals in this game faster than in any previous installments and getting bored faster.

Who still believes is "happy return" of Brewster or any extra buildings... please, wake up. It's still a chance ACNH will be played until the end of 2021 because will be no point to play any longer. It will be pointless to play longer than a year, because everything will be seen, most of achievements will be completed and playing just because of 50th Birthday of CEO's aunt event will be so insignificant and will not give any motivation to play.

What evidence do you have that Brewster won't return though? There has been evidence that they are working on adding Brewster to the game, so I do think people can still hope for that, and don't need to "wake up" from some unrealistic Brewster fantasy.

You can easily say that it is pointless to play any Animal Crossing game for longer than a year. It isn't like New Horizons is missing the core of what makes Animal Crossing an Animal Crossing game. It is the same type of game as the previous installments.
I may agree, where playing more than a year would be pointless, as it will be another loop. However playing old iteration of AC will not be giving any hopes, because everyone knows, there will be no further updates and we got what we got, no more no less.
Promises of new updates with some holidays or events will not extend anything, may cause some players will come back for a day or two and nothing more.
I'm sure amongst all of players will be some playing over and over, many years because of their own reason.

I don't believe that the updates are making people less motivated to play. I just think that this game has been out for almost a year and people are finishing up their goals in this game faster than in any previous installments and getting bored faster.
No, I'm not trying to say updates making people less motivated to play, I'm saying UPDATES we got already not giving anything more interesting than content we had before.
I'm trying to say, delays of updates - whatever reason behind this decision - changes nothing, as those updates not providing enough content.

What could save this game? In my opinion content should be comparable to NL at the day of release or at least during summer update. If this would ever happen we may have some solid ground... but for future updates.
So many things been literally copied and truncated from New Leaf, and terraforming and placing items outside is not enough.

What evidence do you have that Brewster won't return though? There has been evidence that they are working on adding Brewster to the game, so I do think people can still hope for that, and don't need to "wake up" from some unrealistic Brewster fantasy.

You may believe me, you may not - I will respect any decision you make. Probably in time you will forget about our discussion - but Brewster will not come back... or maybe we should appreciate Mr Resetti we got recently as figurine? Would you enjoy "happy return" like this one?

I kept saying long time ago, I don't believe it will be an ultimate version of AC ever and my predictions still stand. As they releasing Mario, Zelda and other games again and again, it will be not really good decision to give everything what is the best in NH, because Nintendo will probably release new console in the future and with new console, will release old games, adding some new flavour.

Honestly, I wish you and everyone else, I'm mistaken. I'm player like you are and I would prefer to enjoy this game for many years, I would like to enjoy new updates and I want to playing - but not enjoying to wait for something never comes.

Last edited:
I am not expecting anything really. It's better to have low expectations and get a big surprise! :D

You may believe me, you may not - I will respect any decision you make. Probably in time you will forget about our discussion - but Brewster will not come back... or maybe we should appreciate Mr Resetti we got recently as figurine? Would you enjoy "happy return" like this one?

I kept saying long time ago, I don't believe it will be an ultimate version of AC ever and my predictions still stand. As they releasing Mario, Zelda and other games again and again, it will be not really good decision to give everything what is the best in NH, because Nintendo will probably release new console in the future and with new console, will release old games, adding some new flavour.

Honestly, I wish you and everyone else, I'm mistaken. I'm player like you are and I would prefer to enjoy this game for many years, I would like to enjoy new updates and I want to playing - but not enjoying to wait for something never comes.
I wouldn’t say there is no chance but maybe a small chance of getting Brewster and let’s not get our hopes up. If we do get him doesn’t mean it will be this year. They have yet to say if he is coming back so he still might not. As for the Mr Resetting model I think that’s for Groundhog Day. I do agree there will never be a ultimate ac game and many things will not be making a return.

I said on another thread that Brewster and The Roost were specifically mentioned by villagers back in April 2020 with coloured names. I highly doubt Nintendo would let dialogue like that in the game with his name coloured if they weren't planning on adding him at some point. They removed the dialogue thus far, so it's possible they could scrap the ideas for Brewster and The Roost, but I don't think Brewster is 100% ruled out honestly. If anything, there's a higher chance of him or a new pigeon coming back than not.

1611779832565-png.353519

1611779704582-png.353518

This does not prove Brewster coming back, I know. These pics could even be fake. But to say he is 100% not coming back is also a little too far-fetched if you ask me. Especially also considering data mines. Things can indeed be scrapped, but at the same time, you can't really ever prove that Brewster is coming back because we will never know until enough time passes.

If it's 2022 with no Brewster, then yes the chance begins to get slimmer. But it's 2021 with many missing NPCs, so we don't really know if they're continuing to add them throughout this year or forgetting about them completely just yet...

I'm no NH enthusiast, but no one can really assume things yet. That goes both ways.

Last edited:
What could save this game? In my opinion content should be comparable to NL at the day of release or at least during summer update. If this would ever happen we may have some solid ground... but for future updates.

So many things been literally copied and truncated from New Leaf, and terraforming and placing items outside is not enough.

We are in agreement there. I am sure that most of us were expecting a fully complete game with updates when the game released instead of a half completed live service game.

But, I'm also more willing to reserve judgment on whether this type of update model is better fir the game after all the content has been released to the public.

After all, Redd wasn't in the game at the very beginning. Neither was Pascal or diving. They added Gullivar as a completely new thing with a new set of pirate themed furniture. All the holidays are now in the game (even though they are mysteriously only in 2020 right now). They put the Dream Suite back in. And Leif sells bushes. Flowers, and pumpkins. These aren't insignificant changes even if they don't really bring hours and hours of gameplay.

We will just have to see how the next year goes because the game is still actively changing.

Splatoon 2 was met with a giant "meh" when it first came out and some disappointment. Niw it is regarded as a good game. The same thing might happen to ACNH.

It will be pointless to play longer than a year, because everything will be seen, most of achievements will be completed...Play in NL, do not sell 3DS or whatever you have, if you did, consider to buy one second hand, as New Horizons never will have such a content.
I feel lucky, I hadn't played much other AC games before I started playing NH, but once I started playing NL (since New Year Eve) on daily basis observing how much we lost and just living in dreams, dreaming about future updates and they never comming.

I'm interested in your confidence that the game will not be playable after a year. Typically I would agree that the past games, including and before NL, did have the disadvantage of after one year there is the potential every year will be extremely similar, but one thing NH has over past games is the ability to change things up every year through updates. I've said it before, I agree NH should step up its content and match NL's amount of things to do, but I've also said that I believe NH also doesn't need to because I find it to be a great game even with some features missing that were in NL. Either way, I think NH will be a game of new discoveries for at least a couple years while NL is basically set in stone the way it is.

Also, I'd like to know your opinion of NH when you first played it. Did you love it for a while and then grow bored? Or did you never really like it? I figure you must've liked some part of it if it convinced you to try NL. I ask because I'm not sure comparing 10 months of NH to less than a month of NL is a very fair comparison.

Like what others have said, the Mario stuff will be in the next update. Not expecting anything else, unfortunately. Because if this last update, I have low expectations, but if I'm surprised that will be pleasant. Hopefully they start adding things we've all been requesting like Brewster, gyroids, and the like.

Then why are the updates free? 🤔
Post automatically merged:
Why on earth would they NOT be free?

They've only given us events (very low quality, with no real furniture) that were already part of almost every previous AC title!

They aren't doing us any favors. :-/

i won’t care

im content w the game either way. adopting a glass half full mentality has definitely helped me

Why on earth would they NOT be free?

They've only given us events (very low quality, with no real furniture) that were already part of almost every previous AC title!

They aren't doing us any favors. :-/

Disagree. I feel like the items we get in the updates have been high quality for the most part. I've been pretty happy with the amount of furniture as well. Looking forward to getting more.

Why on earth would it not be free? Well that's because majority of big gaming companies charge money for any additional content or even a season pass. :) It doesn't matter if it should of been there from the start or was in a previous game, that is what companies are doing. Not saying it's right of course.

Disagree. I feel like the items we get in the updates have been high quality for the most part. I've been pretty happy with the amount of furniture as well. Looking forward to getting more.

Why on earth would it not be free? Well that's because majority of big gaming companies charge money for any additional content or even a season pass. :) It doesn't matter if it should of been there from the start or was in a previous game, that is what companies are doing. Not saying it's right of course.
Well I'm an old school player and don't believe games should be released unless they're complete, and not a half assed version of what they should/could be.

And that 'additional content' was previously base game content. :-/

I'm not ok with mediocrity, but we are all entitled to our opinions.

Well I'm an old school player and don't believe games should be released unless they're complete, and not a half assed version of what they should/could be.

And that 'additional content' was previously base game content. :-/

I'm not ok with mediocrity, but we are all entitled to our opinions.
Animal Crossing New Horizons is its own game. Just because past games had the feature from the start doesn’t mean this one has to. You’re lucky we’re even getting these consistent updates in the first place, especially with the condition of the world right now.

Animal Crossing New Horizons is its own game. Just because past games had the feature from the start doesn’t mean this one has to. You’re lucky we’re even getting these consistent updates in the first place, especially with the condition of the world right now.
I am well aware, but one thing a new game should be, is BETTER than the previous one, and it is lacking not only the content, but the fun.

NH isn't fun.

I avoid everything that used to be fun because I refuse to craft tools.
I loathe the Pocket Camp crafting, and breaking tools is a bloody disgrace!

Over and OUT.

Back