• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are there any features from previous games that you wish were in New Leaf?

I was really hoping we would get these back for New Leaf:

Even just as part of an Island minigame would have been nice. (Are they? I don't know most of the games)

I miss some of the old villagers. I also had Quetzal.

I think you should be able to mail people in other towns via spotpass, but they might have blocked that so you dont spam someones mail. Also we all have swapnote which is better.

what I miss most is having the journal. It showed every day you played and made it rewarding playing everyday. It also showed the town events and if you attended them or not.

I miss the dump too!
and I miss Tybalt (i think was his name) the yellow tiger
I miss KK Slider playing on a box outside the train station
I also kind of miss the split up acres

Im glad they brought back villager pics, I really missed that in city folk
What I dont want is the police station, I like fewer buildings in my town and it kind of destroys the idyllic forest village feel that I love.

Im super happy about getting to choose where I build my house tho, Ill never again have to keep resetting my world just to find a house away from the store or town hall or something (and I hate beach houses those were the only remote ones)

- the NES-games
- the aerobic mornings
- the sports fair
- the ability to send mails to your wi-fi-friends
- voice chat (not sure if that's possible, but they might add it in future?)

AHHH I agree with so much of this! It was so weird that they took out that balls when they would have been the most fun...when WIFI was introduced. Also I really liked the aerobics and stuff and the ask for work option, and the mailing over wifi....so confused as to why that was out :( but at least there are plenty of new features. Maybe SOMEDAY far far away when/if there is a wii u version it will all be included again...and more of course. Hahaha im getting WAY ahead of myself but *drools* lol

soccer balls
sending mail to your friends
hills. i've noticed that the town is flat except for the beach. that kinda bums me out

I liked the lily pads in the middle of the pond with the flower in summer. I just sort of liked it because it was cool, even if fish hid in them xP Also liked the dock in the pond. The closest you can get for that now is putting a bridge really close to the beginning or end of the pond. Yeah and i agree with bria, I liked having more hills in the town, but with all the aesthetic features and especially community projects being added, I understand why there aren't hills anymore besides the ones near the beach. Heh, More room for community projects! :p

I miss:

- the balls
- asking for chores from villagers
- the lake (was nice to not have EVERY event held at the wishing well or town plaza in regards to NL)
- cliffs separating (effectively) north and south #entertownname
- slightly larger towns with more villagers (I think 12 would be perfect, personally)

I think that's about it.

Without a doubt, I miss the "ask for chores" conversation option the most.
I've been playing the GC version lately and really loving that feature. With 15 villagers and the ability to ask them all for chores, you can get a whole lineup of chores going that take you all over town and from villager to villager. It's pretty fun. Even with the occasional annoyance of a super-long chain that takes you through 6 different villagers just to get one item, haha.

i miss asking for chores too. that was kinda neat. and drawing on blanca's face was pretty cool. i would always draw her into a monster. lol

I miss:
- the balls
- asking for favors
- The original GC theme song
- some of the missing villagers :c
- the terrain levels
A lot of other stuff I can go on about

THE OBSERVATORY!!

I really miss the constellations, they were super cute and charming, and were a big part of the animal crossing art style imo. Im actually kinda pissed about the new leaf museum generally, they didnt really add anything interesting, like say, a botanical exhibit, or a historical artifacts exhibit. Nope, I get 4 rooms. And I probably wont use all of them up.

:C

I miss Katrina's not being there from the beginning :(. I loved getting fotunes that said, "Tommorow you will be stung by many bees... unless you visit twenty friends in the remaining day!" I always felt like I was on a gameshow :p

Huh. I actually forgot about constellations, and I'm actually going to really miss those too. I'm also going to miss asking villagers for favors now that you mention it.

I wish we had:

-The Ball (I never really finished those tasks but I loved just finding them randomly)
-Acreage from AC:pG
-Being able to ask about favors
-Some of the random holidays
-All of the villagers that didn't make a return. :(

Never understood how the credit card thing worked (this was in City Folk right?). Also another thing I missed was when in the gamecube version in February Tortimer would ask you to light up the lighthouse each day. Even though it took less than a minute it was a nice thing to do.

Never understood how the credit card thing worked (this was in City Folk right?). Also another thing I missed was when in the gamecube version in February Tortimer would ask you to light up the lighthouse each day. Even though it took less than a minute it was a nice thing to do.

Credit cards are for buying expensive items. Say if you didn't want to carry around extra bell bags, you could just use the credit card to take bells directly from your bank, and if you have the gold card it saves bells while doing the same thing. I think that's how it works.

I'm really gonna miss throwing axes into the fountain, even though Serena is a *****. It was fun though (kinda like a dating sim XD).

I'll also miss everyfin stated above.

The more I think about it, the more irritated I am that they didn't include the signboards that indicate where a villager's house may pop up.

Yes, I can understand that they wanted to have the whole town open for community projects and house placement. But why couldn't they give us the option to move a villager site to a different location if we really wanted that spot for a community project or a player home? It would just be so nice to know where it may happen when you're trying to plan a layout for a town. I'm worried any spots I want to use for projects will get hijacked by a rogue new villager.

But all in all, there is FAR MORE that I am excited and happy about than this little quibble. From what I've seen I think everyone did a fantastic job on listening to fans and making improvements to the game, so I can't complain too much.

I really miss the big towns from PG and Morning Aerobics. The raffle was fun in theory but the tickets started to annoy me after a while.

EDIT: Oh yes definitely the ball in the town too. I loved kicking it in the river when a Villager I hated was playing with it. :K

Back