• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are there any features from previous games that you wish were in New Leaf?

Ugh, Serena was such a flaky... cat. I don't think I ever got a silver or gold axe from her. I tried every wiki guide I could find and it never worked. Ugh! Good riddance Serena.

I'd love to see the balls, errands, diary (that holds for more than a year!) and aerobics return. And wish we could have a more interactive sports day and more little tasks like the lighthouse.
But I am so glad the acres are gone. It just takes too long to move diagonally with them.

I made a list like this long ago, and checking that I'd like to add;
- Trees that were able to grow diagonally next to each other. This added something to do and some more planning to perfect towns. (having to get rid of them) And just added a bit more natural randomness to foresty areas.
- Being told who and when the next visitor to the town would be. Even if it's now either today or the next day seeing as they're more common since GC days.
- Having a tiny island between 2 bridges in the river. Though this wouldn't work so well with community project bridges now.
- Being able to put a pattern on your door. - With Nooks new exterior design shop we should totally be able to design the outside with patterns. - Maybe for the next game?
- Seeing the night sky reflected in the lake, even if it is now redundant.
- Save and Continue - especially with wifi issues.
- Building the statues of people who paid of their mortgages, would be nice to have a mayor statue unlocked for some truely major achievement.

And a few minor things, like the money rock turning red so you know the time limit, the golden spot, viking horn hats ~independant of hair, changing the background colour of the menu and more intricate umbrellas, like the double layered daffodil one etc. and the little weather vein and butterfly decal for completeing the bug/fish lists.

All these features from older games would be great, I'm sure New Leaf adds plenty of new ones that don't exist in older games to make up for it.

I'd love to see the balls, errands, diary (that holds for more than a year!) and aerobics return. And wish we could have a more interactive sports day and more little tasks like the lighthouse.
But I am so glad the acres are gone. It just takes too long to move diagonally with them.

I made a list like this long ago, and checking that I'd like to add;
- Trees that were able to grow diagonally next to each other. This added something to do and some more planning to perfect towns. (having to get rid of them) And just added a bit more natural randomness to foresty areas.
- Being told who and when the next visitor to the town would be. Even if it's now either today or the next day seeing as they're more common since GC days.
- Having a tiny island between 2 bridges in the river. Though this wouldn't work so well with community project bridges now.
- Being able to put a pattern on your door. - With Nooks new exterior design shop we should totally be able to design the outside with patterns. - Maybe for the next game?
- Seeing the night sky reflected in the lake, even if it is now redundant.
- Save and Continue - especially with wifi issues.
- Building the statues of people who paid of their mortgages, would be nice to have a mayor statue unlocked for some truely major achievement.

And a few minor things, like the money rock turning red so you know the time limit, the golden spot, viking horn hats ~independant of hair, changing the background colour of the menu and more intricate umbrellas, like the double layered daffodil one etc. and the little weather vein and butterfly decal for completeing the bug/fish lists.

save and continue exists in this game i believe

save and continue exists in this game i believe

Awesome, I thought it might be but wasn't sure. Though CF was supposed to save when you started wifi-ing and it still lost me some items that I gained before that save, so maybe I should revise that to a Save and continue that works.

Yes, Save and continue does exist :)

I was sick of Quitting Wild World just to save

That's amazing news.

Also, I agree with most of the others: My big misses from old games are the sports balls, the raffle days, the holidays (Though I've heard this one is a little bit closer to the gamecube version in terms of holidays) and the NES games. I also desperately miss the old soundtrack - WW/CF felt bland and repetitive. The Gamecube music felt much more engaging and unique, fitting, magical. Brings back amazing memories (Thank you Tane.us/ac!)

Oh god yes, the NES games! I've spent so many hours just playing Excitebike. I loved that game.

Why on earth would people answer "the nes games" on this. Clearly you mustn't like this game very much if all you want to do is play other games???

Why on earth would people answer "the nes games" on this. Clearly you mustn't like this game very much if all you want to do is play other games???
I don't think anyone said anything about only wanting to play NES games in AC? I agree that would be odd. I usually played them when I'd done more or less everything I could do for that day and didn't feel like fishing or catching bugs. It was a fun extra thing, even if it had nothing to do with AC.

YES!! This is what WW was lacking, I agree, this will be so much easier when you've had a long fruit picking session and you don't fancy ending just to save

Last edited:
That's amazing news.

Also, I agree with most of the others: My big misses from old games are the sports balls, the raffle days, the holidays (Though I've heard this one is a little bit closer to the gamecube version in terms of holidays) and the NES games. I also desperately miss the old soundtrack - WW/CF felt bland and repetitive. The Gamecube music felt much more engaging and unique, fitting, magical. Brings back amazing memories (Thank you Tane.us/ac!)

Yeah I really miss the soundtrack in the GC version. They should've made them into songs or bring them back some other way.

I hate the way the wifi mail won't be coming back. It was such a cute feature :3

I don't think anyone said anything about only wanting to play NES games in AC? I agree that would be odd. I usually played them when I'd done more or less everything I could do for that day and didn't feel like fishing or catching bugs. It was a fun extra thing, even if it had nothing to do with AC.

This is how I feel. When I first got Animal Crossings for Gamecube I had no expectations. I honestly don't remember how I heard about it. When playing the game finding NES games was super exciting and broke up the time between fishing and bug catching. They felt like easter eggs.

Besides a larger town, there are some items that I miss like the Nintendo Bench, the Nintendo umbrella, and clothing that didn't appear later like the Kafei shirt and the Anju dress (especially since dresses are in this game).

Olive

Olive2.gif

I do miss the soundtrack from GC. You could actually hear some of the instruments like the piano and such. WW and CF sound too digital and don't give that same vibe. I haven't listened to NL soundtrack as that is one thing I REFUSE to ruin for myself, but I'm hoping it is closer to PG than WW.

Besides a larger town, there are some items that I miss like the Nintendo Bench, the Nintendo umbrella, and clothing that didn't appear later like the Kafei shirt and the Anju dress (especially since dresses are in this game).

I didn't like the Nintendo Bench because there wasn't a full set. They should've had one.

Back