• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are there any Villagers you hated at first but grew to love?

I absolutely despised Greta at first, because she was mean to me. In my first acnl town, I complained to Isabelle about her foul language, because I thought that would make her friendlier. I was happy when she moved out. When I started up my second town, there she was again as one of the starting villagers! I really like her now, and her and Pecan are my favorite snooties.

I hated Monique and Frita. Monique has simply grown on me as she somehow managed to be a starter villager in my towns on Wild World, City Folk AND New Leaf. I like her a lot now actually and even hunted down her amiibo card!

And Frita I did not like because her design seemed very messy to me at first. As if she was some kind of rasta hippie whatever. But then someone pointed out to me that she's supposed to look like a hamburger and I think I wanted to slap myself in the face LMAO! I literally never realised that even though it's super duper obvious.

Last edited:
Cobb.

At first, I hated him for various reasons and just find him creepy af, however, after I started to give
every villager a chance (since I got bored having the same villager everytime in the town), I start
to like him more and more. Guess I too quickly misjudged him. He's actually a nice guy (but still a
little bit creepy, lol).

I'm the opposite.
I've grown to hate the ones I used to like.

I think it's the NL personalities change.

When Pietro first moved to my town I really hated him. I tried to get him to move out but it didn't work and eventually he became one of my faves. I also used to kinda dislike Hazel but then she moved to my town and I've grown to love her.

I didn't like a lot of the frog and cow/bull villagers but now i adore them! one specific i should mention is Jambette, what a queen :rolleyes:

I didn?t like Marina based on the simple fact that she shared a name with one of my worse childhood bullies. Due to the villager?s name, I always associated her with that bully. It brought back terrible memories of my childhood. Although, I grew to like the octopus a little more when she moved into my town. I talked with her and she was always very sweet to me. I tend to like villagers that are very very sweet.

Actually it was Lobo for me. When I first started playing ACWW i was super taken aback by his cranky personality. I never liked that. But as I grew older I could relate to him more and more and now he is one of my all time favorites!

i was really mad at greta for moving in on my flowers but over time i started to like her, she's cute! she looks like she would be my mom or my grandma

i don't think i've ever full on hated wart jr, but I wasn't too crazy about him when i made my town. but then i became friends with him and he was super cool. then he moved out without letting me stop him and left a wart jr shaped hole in my heart. :'<

Francine! I didn't *hate* her but talking to her made me eye roll a lot because snooty just wasn't my cup of tea. I had a change of heart about a month ago though and now she's one of my favorites!

I hated Lobo at first because he plotted where I was planning to put a path. I grew attached to him and did the path on a different route. Now Lobo said he wanted to move out but I told him to stay.

Kind of. When I saw Klaus was moving into my old town I wasn't too excited but I wasn't like super mad either. Now he is actually my favourite villager.

I didn't actually 'hate' him, but I found Lucky pretty damn creepy (I was actually surprised when I found out he was so popular) and back when I played the GCN Animal Crossing he was the one dog villager I never wanted to move into my town.... and then he ended up doing so. However, eventually I got used to everyone's favorite mummy doggo (he's still in my Gamecube town even after 15+ years now) and he's become one of my favorite villagers. I was really happy when he was one of my starters in my current New Leaf town, even more so when I realized his house wasn't in bad spot and I could keep him, making him the only starter I still have.

He is never allowed to leave.

I wasn't excited about Cobb and figured I'd let him cycle out but he grew on me. Between the eye blocking glasses, perma smile, and catch phrase, he seems endearingly excited about every little thing, hotdog. Maybe I could build from Cobb and Coco and make a mad science/artificial life themed town : D

I wasn't excited about Cobb and figured I'd let him cycle out but he grew on me. Between the eye blocking glasses, perma smile, and catch phrase, he seems endearingly excited about every little thing, hotdog. Maybe I could build from Cobb and Coco and make a mad science/artificial life themed town : D

Hey, I have Cobb too. I'm determined to kick him out because he's in the most awful spot but I'm starting to feel bad about bullying him. :( His glasses are cute once you get used to them and I like nerd/jock types. I kind of want him to stay, but he's in front of my train station!

Anyway, I hated him at first but I could definitely love him if he leaves and comes back.

Oh, mine's in a terrible place (right next to the campsite, both obstructive and hard to reach) so it says a lot I want to send him letters now :)

Yes, I first hated gorillas, but when I got to know Al and Violet they we're always very sweet to me!

Back