• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you buying the AC: New Leaf guide book?

ChRoNoS_Goten

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I never purchased a animal crossing guide before but I figure it would come in handy when looking for certain items and using the checklist. I would have to refrain from looking at the book too much to keep myself from spoilers lol. What are your reasons?

if i don't win it in the few giveaways i've entered, then yes i will buy it! it would be nice to have and know things.

Yup. For a list of of fish, sea floor creatures, and bug times. Maybe for furniture look up too. Pretty much just reference. First game guide I've actually decided to buy

if i don't win it in the few giveaways i've entered, then yes i will buy it! it would be nice to have and know things.

Good luck on the drawings!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yup. For a list of of fish, sea floor creatures, and bug times. Maybe for furniture look up too. Pretty much just reference. First game guide I've actually decided to buy

I've bought plenty of guides, even though I end up never using them much. For animal crossing it makes sense to have a guide. Everything is fairly hidden in the game. I'm going to try and use the guide as a reference only too.

does anyone know when we can buy it in NA?
EDIT: nevermind, it's amazing what google will tell you (;

YUPPERS!!! I'll buy. I remember buying the WIld World guide book, and they had some exclusive & very detailed/extensive list of items, and bugs, fish, etc. in ways the internet can't replicate, and I know it'll be the same if not not even better than Wild World's, I hear it's VERY thick too, talking hundreds of pages...I don't think Wild World even reached a hundred, and that book helped me a lot, so this is WONDERFUL news.

I bought an eguide so I can have it on the go. Plus it was only 7 dollars :)

i hav two japanese guide books so i will prob get the english but idk

I love have a guide for some games I really love.
So yes I am buying the guide, I preordered it not long ago.

I will most likely buy a Japanese one if I can find it. It the English Prima guide is
of good quality I might also buy that one.

I plan to, but I don't plan on opening it for at least a few months. I like to let the natural flow of things take place. :)

I have bought a guide for each of the Animal Crossing games except the GameCube version. I love having a guide & they are a great source for information, checklists, villager/guest info & pictures. I know the prima guides always has mistakes but I still find them very useful. I preordered the New Leaf guide for $12.50 on Amazon. That's the current price there if you want to preorder it there.

I wasn't going to, but I ended up pre-ordering the digital copy of the Prima guide since it was only $7. I'm hoping it'll have good pictures of all of the items. If not, I guess I'll go buy one of the Japanese guides from the bookstore down the street.

I am not going to buy it, I want to do it properlly even if i get stuff wrong I can always go back and do it again so it makes it more intresting

Pre ordered it off the Book Depository and it should get to me a few days after new leaf comes out :)

There's just something weirdly fun about having a physical copy of all the bugs and fish that I can tick off as I go. The calendars are always useful as well.

the prima one is over 500 pages, i think wild world was 150 maybe?

Yes, but it's smaller. They made it "travel size."

I never knew anyone would buy a guide and just let it sit there. I generally always get an AC guide and flip through it when I'm places I can't just play. I always end up finding out a bunch of stuff. Even with these forums I don't expect that to change :3

Back