• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you going to TIME TRAVEL?

I occasionally do, but I'll only go a day or two into the future and then go back to current day. I'll do this to gather flowers/items more quickly. Plus in this game -- gain access to a couple things faster. It's not like I'll be doing this all the time, though. I'd never continuously time travel or time travel weeks/months in advance. I'd hate to lose good neighbors, flowers, whatever else there is.

I probably won't on the grounds that I'm too lazy to change the clock back and forth. I like playing day by day of course, but whenever I get the urge to time-travel I remember that I will have to stop the game, set the clock, see whatever I wanted to see, go back, reset the clock. Doing that is not fun in the slightest and I would rather wait than do it.

No Time Travelling for me. I feel it shortens the lifespan of the game and I want this one to be enjoyable for as long as possible. In a way, a new AC game is like a fresh start to me... I'm not going to ruin it by skipping to holidays and nonsense. Honestly, I would prefer a world where time travelling isn't a possibility, but that's not going to happen.

I'll do it at the very beginning of the game, because I don't want to wait 3/4 days to plainly enjoy my game (the island, community projects...). But then I'll not or just one day before/after for the missed events.

I'm going to avoid time travelling when I can. Now that there are choices when it comes to store hours I might not need to time travel anyway. I have no problem with playing the game after work when I get home. Still early enough to do so.
If I miss an event, however, I might time travel, but I'm not sure yet.

I don't really like to time travel, I personally just like to work at my own slow pace. I don't feel like there is any type of rush for me to get everything immediately.

I'm gonna try not to time travel this time because I don't think I'd like missing events in my village.

I usually only time travel really late into my campaign (like two years) or if I'm working on a specific forest/tree growing project but I always set my time back.
It'd be a lie if I said I wasn't going to time travel in NL but I doubt I'll do it within the first year. It actually depends on what I'm going to be up to. I generally try to avoid time travelling but I guess it just happens sometimes. -shrug-

I might.
If I were to do it, the cause of me doing it would probably be me not having enough patience to wait for the next day for something to be built, or a house expanded, etc.
Also, if I really wanted to do an event, I might go back a day or two for it if I was busy that day.

Yes, i will definitely time travel. Maybe I'm just to impatient to wait for the next day to buy some new items from the shop. Time travelling never ruined my 'gaming flow' for me and so I don't have any reasons to stop.

I'm actually pretty excited to play it day by day. I want to take it slow, especially considering next year I predict will be more of a busy year than I am used to. Even if the first day goes slowly, that's alright by me. I probably won't have enough time to play 1 hour or less each day. :) I just really want to try out this game, especially as it has a whole lot more customisation than all the other games. Probably my highlights of the game is for me: customising the house, inside and out, creating clothes and my avatar and creating an awesome village. It's all about customisation for me!

I never time-travel. If it's not the point of the game for me, you're suppose to experience it day by day so I do. The only time I have time-travelled was in the first game just to see what would happen out of curiosity and I didn't like the results.

I can only see the point of doing that if I've missed an event day due to real life getting in the way of not playing at the right time. Like if I wanted to see the New Year countdown for example but I had to be at a party.

Only to go back and play days I missed because I couldn't play the game that day.

I have a full time job, I travel, and I usually try to do stuff on weekends. So I don't always have time to play video games every day. Actually, it's very rare when I can play every single day in a week. I usually average 3-4.

I am also going to try to not time travel. I end up disappointed in myself and wishing that I hadn't. I do think I should maybe try to make friends with someone that already has it, or that does time travel so I have another option for a fishing pole if there isn't one the first day ;)

Personally for me, I won't TT until I start getting tired of the game. It's always felt like cheating to me, even though it affects no one but myself. LOL I don't think people are wrong for doing it, mind you, I just choose not to do it until I'm getting ready to quit.

Back