• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you going to TIME TRAVEL?

Probably when i've got the hang of the game and its been a couple of months and I want it to hurry up. I'll do it for money.

After some consideration, I'm likely not going to be time traveling, at least not for a while.
Mostly because i feel that it breaks the pacing of the game, I'm in no rush to finish and forget about it.
Plus I hate changing the clock, it's bad enough adjusting it to daylight savings time. :p

I don't plan to time travel. I like to play the game at its pace. I like the idea that the character is in the exact time that I am in. Possibly months down the road after I have been playing for a long time I MAY do it. Although even after playing the CF for a long time I only time travelled once and that was the get the crazy looking hair :D

I won't time travel. I feel it sort-of breaks the game for me. I will be patiently waiting for everything, just like I am for a NA version.

I always time traveled in Wild World because I didn't have time to play every day in real life, but I wanted to play every day in the game and not miss anything, so I think I will do the same. It doesn't take anything away from the game experience for me. Plus, I'm impatient and don't want to have to wait days or weeks for things sometimes.

I did it too much in city folk and the game lost its fun factor. I'm not going to time travel at all in new leaf

I don't see a point in time traveling. I play the game like I want to play it. Even if I miss a day I see no point in going back to it.

I will never time travel.

I wouldn't wanna time travel.. I want the game to feel like my real life and if I just time travel it would ruin the WHOLE expierence. :l

I sure as hell will try not to, but it will be ohhh so tempting just to get new items at Nooklings or to get a shop or house expansion built just that much sooner. Usually I cave to time traveling though I know if I didn't I'd enjoy the game much more and not get tired of it as quickly.

I time traveled once just for the heck of it in WW. I made a new town and I went from 2008 (real year) and skipped until 2099, and one new resident moved in with a whole bunch of weeds.

Yes I will! (only day-by-day though, if I do more than that, I feel like I'm missing out) I pretty much always have because I'm pretty impatient and like things on a bit of a faster pace. There are some times that I'd never be able to play, like during school or at like 3 a.m. (unless I really want to...) so I like to time travel to be able to play at different times of day and get more variety every time. It's never ruined the experience or felt "wrong" for me whatsoever :) If it did, I'd probably just stop :p

Not going to time travel. Ever.

I feel like it's cheating. Kinda sucks the fun away for me. :/

I'm going to for sure, but not very often. Probably only if I miss holidays or to skip waiting a day for a community project to be torn down.

I never time travel in my AC games because I consider it cheating. The whole point of the game is to play it in real-time, so I like playing it in real-time.

Back