• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you happy with...? BONUS question and results

All in all, if you could change one thing about your island, what would it be?

• My airport color

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • My river mouths

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • My native / sister fruit

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • My native / sister flower

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • My resident services location

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • My airport location

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • My secret beach

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • My peninsula

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • My beach rocks

• My pier

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Nothing at all

• Total voters
I’m overall happy with all of the unchangeable aspects of my island. If I could change anything, I would want to reshape the beach-inland boundary. There’s one area that has a one tile bottleneck! However, since that wasn’t an option, my next choice would be the length if my pier. Does it really matter? No. Would I still like a better balloon lookout point? Yes.
It’s interesting to see that most people are overall happy, and what they would/wouldn’t change. Thank you for doing this and compiling the results!
I hadn't thought about the beach in-land boundary, that's a great point! I had kind of assumed everyone had something similar, but it's been a pain for me to deal with as well when terraforming.

I'm glad you had fun with the polls ☺️

toss up between resident services and secret beach but I went for resident services! even though I'm not *un*happy with it, if I absolutely had to change something it'd be that! I'd either make it quite close so it's cosy or i'd give myself plenty of space to do a fancy entrance. second to that would be secret beach just so it's more convenient for me to reach haha
I actually wish resident services could be anywhere on the island, not just at the front! It's annoying because you cannot put it on a higher layer of land. I would have put mine on top of a mountain to overlook the town!

I'm pretty happy with my island, but if I could, I'd change the peninsula to hopefully have it in a better location and bigger. The beach rocks are a close second. They eat up too much of the beach and one is in a weird S shape. If I could I'd remove the 2 on the beach and keep the ones on the corners.

Overall I really like my island, though. :)
I've never seen an s-shaped rock! Mine are all straight. It must be hard to decorate!

I'm pretty happy with everything on my island. I would say maybeeeee the only thing would be my native flower; only because I've heard that native roses have increased chances producing blue roses, but if it's just a rumour, then I guess I'm pretty much 100% pleased with my island.
I’m completely happy with my island! Wouldn’t change anything about it to be honest. :giggle:
That's great! Happy to see people enjoying their island the way they are 😄 I'm such a perfectionist I sometimes forget to see the big picture.

Overall, I'm quite happy with how my islands turned out, but if I had to change something, it would be the peninsula on the first island. It's in a crummy place and I dislike how it's become a random hybrid storage. Mirroring its location from the top-right to the top-left would open up a lot of opportunities for both the peninsula and the surrounding area.
A very close second place is swapping my A-acre rocks and the beach rocks between the two.
The small ones on my first would be better used on my strictly themed second, and the large, open space of my second's would have far more potential on my first's.
I have to avoid turning areas I don't like into hybrid storage 😅 I tend to do that as well and then I like them even less. I hope you can find something nice to do with yours too!

I’d change my beach rocks since they messed up some potential ideas I had. As mentioned before, I’d like the option of destroying/building them and the beach. Overall, I made the most of what I had ended up with. I had no idea until later on that there were different variations of the air port and I didn’t pay attention to what flowers and other different things when I rerolled when I was trying to get different starter villagers. My main concern was the villagers I started out with and maybe the river shape and direction a little.

I do wish I had different Nook Mile items excluding the springy ride on and maybe snack machine.
The NMT items being tied to airport color kind of limits things for me as well 😔 I'll pick airport color over having items I like, but it's still annoying having to trade for everything!

these polls were fun! thank you for making them :).

i think i’m pretty content with my island but if i had to change something, it’d probably be my airport colour. the more i think about it, the more i would definitely prefer any of the other 3 options instead of red/orange aha

My resident center is one whole stinkin tile off center from the airport. Just one. If it was further back I wouldn't mind but it's close enough to be noticeable. I would even accept it being further off center. Anything but one off haha.

I'm mostly satisfied with my Island. Blue airport, native fruit peaches and lily as the flower. The one and only thing I am envious of when checking out other players islands are the big rocks with the little water puddles in them. Got some smal/mid-sized rock formations where placing stuff is possible but none have the little water holes. They are so pretty though!

I wish my resident services was centered with my airport, but I’m otherwise happy with my island layout.

I voted change my flowers when I was setting up my game I did not even thing about what my flowers would be I got tulips which I do not like at all. I just wanted roses but its fine I have sold all the tulips on my island. Annoying thing is tho I am after more roses for a certain part of my island but nooks cranny hasn't sold them in over a week :( I come in everyday to buy my candy and check and it has literally been every other flower but them :(

My biggest issue with my island is my secret beach - its prettymuch dead center, and is really imposing on some of my terraforming/decorating ideas

Huge thank you to you for making these polls! They were actually really interesting to follow.
I seem to be in the minority in a few of these. I have a yellow air-port that I like and I have peaches but don't much care for them.

As for the bonus question; I answered this one in the peninsula thread, but if I could I would change my straight bottom peninsula immediately if given the chance. It's the one thing I hate about my island.​

If I could change one thing, it would be the river mouths, I am not sure why. Other than that, I am happy with everything I have in my island. :)

I would say I’m pretty content with what I was given from the start, but if I had to absolutely change one thing it would probably be the location of my secret beach. I chose my secret beach because had it been in any other location rather than the one it’s currently at, I would not have to figure out and reterraform a new location for my current housing situation. I need to make the secret beach more accessible without going through a maze to get there. Honestly though, it’s not such a big deal breaker in the end. It gives me an opportunity to think up a whole new idea and change my island up a bit, so that’s a plus!

I'm content with everything but my beach rocks lol

They're not in bad spots per-say but due to my layout of cliffs getting to the upper left part of my beach is a tight squeeze and It bothers me when I have to squeeze between the water and my rocks lol

Aww thanks so much for putting this series together! It's super interesting to see the results and how they align or don't with my tastes.

I think I actually said in the original poll that I was happy with my current airport color (green), but this time I selected that if there was anything I'd change, it would be my airport color to blue. That's only after I've purchased and used the Nook Mile furniture, since I really, really strongly prefer the green airport variants (black streetlamps, white park clocks, the blue and white lighthouses, and brown telephone boxes!), but I think it would be nice to have a bit of a calmer colored airport.

Other than that, I am really happy with most of my island -- or just don't really care about them, like the native flowers and native fruit.

I do have a newfound appreciation for my beach rocks after reading through other people's thoughts on theirs, though!

If I could change one thing, it'd be my beach rocks. The ones in the top corners are bland and boring, and the ones along the sides just get in the way.

I'm pretty satisfied with everything, but if I had to pick one thing I suppose I'd change my native fruit from peaches to oranges! :)

Maybe I would move over my resident services a few spaces but honestly, my biggest peeve is that my sister fruit is oranges. I specifically did not want pears and oranges so that's a bit disappointing since I didn't know we only would get access to two fruits. My apples are soiled by oranges :(

I voted change my flowers when I was setting up my game I did not even thing about what my flowers would be I got tulips which I do not like at all. I just wanted roses but its fine I have sold all the tulips on my island. Annoying thing is tho I am after more roses for a certain part of my island but nooks cranny hasn't sold them in over a week :( I come in everyday to buy my candy and check and it has literally been every other flower but them :(
Flowers available at Nooks vary by month, so you may have to wait for Leif. I’d be happy to get you some roses.

Pretty happy with my island. I wouldn’t mind having my secret beach off center instead of centered, and maybe something other than tulips, but I got all the flowers quickly.

I'm really happy with what I have, but I guess if I had to change something I'd change my sister flower from tulips to mums since they're my favorite. But I currently have way more mums than tulips on my island anyway so you wouldn't know anyway!

Thanks for doing this series! It was cool to see what other options were there if we resetted enough, and no I'm inspired to actually do something with my peninsula and beach rocks

This is probably an unpopular opinion. I don't care much about these things. When I started the game, I didn't consider resetting just to have a preferred peninsula, natural fruit, etc. I am not sure of the reason though. Perhaps, I just find it too cumbersome to reset the game. After all, I wanted to "play" the game immediately during launch. Having to set these parameters is the least of my worries.

Overall I’m pretty happy with my island but I have to change something it’s definitely the orange airport! I really wanted blue or green 🙁

I think I'd change my native/sister flowers. But I guess it doesn't really matter since obtaining all the flowers is pretty easy, now with Leif visiting. 🥰

Back