• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you happy with...? PART 8: Your Beach Features

Are you happy with your pier size and beach rocks?

• I like both my pier size and beach rocks

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I like my pier size, but would change my beach rocks

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • I would change my pier size, but I like my beach rocks

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I would change both my pier size and beach rocks

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know / care about my pier size, but I like my beach rocks

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I don't know / care about my pier size, and would change my beach rocks

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I don't know / care about my beach rocks, but Iike my pier size

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I don't know / care about my beach rocks, but would change my pier size

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know / care about my beach features

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters

SummerHime

Citizen of Time
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1062-1772-1342
VH2BWuv.png

Since a lot of people have been living on their island for six months, I'm making a series of polls to see how many are still satisfied with their island! I will be covering things that cannot be changed unless you reset the game. Here is a short analysis of the results so far:

Link to this poll
Blue seems to be the most popular airport color, with red being the least. An overwhelming majority of voters consider themselves satisfied with their airport color. Overall, people with yellow airports are more likely to want to change their color than those who have another color. Let's hope Tom Nook eventually gives us other options, like pink, purple or brown!
Link to this poll
Few voters have south & west river mouths, but those people seem to be the most satisfied with their river placement. The most popular river mouth position seems to be south & east. Overall, people with double south river are more likely to want to change to another layout, but then, most people are satisfied with their river mouths and have learned to work around them.
Link to this poll
Peaches seem to be the most popular native fruit, with oranges and cherries following closely behind. Apples are also fairly popular, while pears retain their reputation as one of the least appreciated fruit. As a matter of fact, nearly half of voters who have pear as their native fruit would rather change it, while those who have other fruits seem to be mostly happy with them.
Link to this poll
Most voters would change at least one of their initial flowers. Overall, people are usually more satisfied with their native flower than their sister flower. Sister flowers, which are based on starting month, do not see much diversity, since most people started playing in either march or april. Native flowers, which are based on the resident representative's birth month, have more variety.
Link to this poll
Most have made peace with the location of their main buildings. Among those who would like to option move them, Resident Services seems to be the biggest priority. A good number of people reported that their Airport is almost aligned with Resident Services, but not quite. Being able to move either building one or two space would solve the problem for many.
Link to this poll
Perfectly centered secret beaches are by far the most common among voters, but they are also one of the most controversial. While people are usually happy with their secret beach, and have learned to work around its location (and size), those who have it at the far left or exact center of their map tend to want to move it. It is interesting to note that while center left and center right seem to be equally popular, there is a big difference between far left and far right, the latter being considerably more popular.
Link to this poll
The bigger the peninsula, the more popular it is. Being the largest, the big round peninsula seems to be a favorite among voters, follower by the wavy and small round peninsulas. Those with the straight bottom and straight top peninsulas and usually less happy, their size leaving little space for decorating.

Last but not least is beach features!

Every island is different, and the beach is no exception. For this poll, we will be looking at two main features: the pier and the beach rocks.

Did you know that piers vary in size? According to the Animal Crossing Fandom Wiki, the pier's length "can range from 10 to 14 planks long, excluding stairs". Have you ever checked how long yours is? Would you like it to be longer, or shorter?

4sprIUC.jpg

As for the beach rocks, there are many different types that range from small boulders to large flat rocks with tide pools. Do you like yours, and have you decorated them? Would you want more or less rocks on your beach?

4SVdKKq.jpg

I've only learned recently that pier size was variable, and upon checking mine, I realised that I have the smallest possible pier! I would like it to be longer, because I like to use it to check for balloons. As for the rocks, it was a big deal for me when I started the game. I wanted a rock shaped like a ramp, but now that I think about it, I also have liked one of the tide pool rocks. I think they're gorgeous and leave a lot of space for furniture. Like my pier, all my rocks are quite small, so there isn't much decorating potential.

What about you?​

I like my pier size but I’d love to be able to destroy not only the rocks but the beach as well. I have an idea that I want to do, but the beach and rocks are both in the way :/.

I've got a long dock and big rocks.

I wouldn't change it! :)

I have fishing rods, a cooler, stool, lantern and bait on my dock.

Edit. I have no tide pools and wish I did.

Last edited:
I like my pier size on both islands: I just wish that you could put the pier on the starting area (the beaches on Evwirt are supposed to be wild! Ah well, it’s overtaken by spider crabs now)

The beach rocks on Arctin are low-key kinda boring (and I wanted a tide pool when I saw it on my brother’s island) which is why I’d want to change them. Evwirt’s rocks are cool, though (got the tide pool!) Once again, my rocks on Evwirt are covered in spider crabs, while on Arctin some of my rocks are host to a Cracker Barrel (chain sit down restaurant in the US)!

Last edited:
I have the longest pier size. I also have lots of large rocks and I’m pretty happy with them. I just counted and I have 4 tide pools.

The pier always reminds of the the glorious "how long is your dock" thread and while we learned that size doesn't matter, I'm still happy mine is as long as it can be. More room to decorate a fishing spot while still being able to access it easily.

I would definitely change my rock's shape and size though, barely any room to decorate, practically dead space really.

I'm an option that's not available: I don't know/care about my beach rocks, but I would like to change my pier. my pier is only 10 planks long and I wish it were longer. though it honestly doesn't bother me that much.

I could care less about how my beach looks right now. The only important thing is to work on my other parts of the island aside from the beach.

I have a long dock and I'm good with that. My rocks are okay too but I am sorta jealous of the people who have those huge rocks where they got two tidal pools on them. I do have one of those but it's vertical than horizontal.

I've got a long dock and big rocks.

I wouldn't change it! :)

I have fishing rods, a cooler, stool, lantern and bait on my dock.

Edit. I have no tide pools and wish I did.
I like long dock and big rocks! I used to think the tide pool looked strange but now I wish I had them too! I was young and foolish back in march 🤣

I like my pier size on both islands: I just wish that you could put the pier on the starting area (the beaches on Evwirt are supposed to be wild! Ah well, it’s overtaken by spider crabs now)

The beach rocks on Arctin are low-key kinda boring (and I wanted a tide pool when I saw it on my brother’s island) which is why I’d want to change them. Evwirt’s rocks are cool, though (got the tide pool!) Once again, my rocks on Evwirt are covered in spider crabs, while on Arctin some of my rocks are host to a Cracker Barrel (chain sit down restaurant in the US)!
Spider crabs everywhere! 😁 You must have done a lot of diving!

I have the longest pier size. I also have lots of large rocks and I’m pretty happy with them. I just counted and I have 4 tide pools.
FOUR? 😳 Wow I'm so jealous! Your beach must look amazing!

I'm an option that's not available: I don't know/care about my beach rocks, but I would like to change my pier. my pier is only 10 planks long and I wish it were longer. though it honestly doesn't bother me that much.
Good point ☺️ I added the option!

i'm not really a beach person for animal crossing. i struggle with decorating my beaches and i like to keep them empty for the most part, although i'd like my pier to be longer. i don't really care about the rocks atm 😅

I have a long pier and two large rocks. I only recently discovered that you can have a layout without any rocks. I personally think the rocks make the beach feel a bit too cramped but I'm happy with what I've done with mine. I have a pirate market starting at one rock and the other has some diving equipment on it. I don't really have any opinion on pier size because it's not something I put much thought into decorating. I just put some fishing rack there and a work bench for making bait and customising my fishing rods when I go pier fishing.

I don't have any of the super-big cool rocks on the east/west shores, but I enjoy decorating the ones I have on the far north. In any case, they're a relatively low priority for me because so many other factors take precedence over them.

As for the pier, well, there's another stunning thread for that, but mine seems to be 14 planks. I don't really mind because I haven't decorated it much in anticipation of whatever they (eventually) release to make it useful. I think the short pier is cute and wouldn't mind having it.

I have a long dock :sneaky: and I like the layout of my island beach the amount of space I have to walk around and place items its perfect. I have seen some players beach layouts online where it is too crowded or hard to place things on or around.

Could someone post a picture of a tide pool? I have a little water on the far back rocks on the east and west, but I don’t know if those count.

I went with the last option, as I haven't really worried about the beach features. I'm fine with what I've got, wouldn't really bother changing either of the pier or the rocks.

I have the shorter pier which I'm fine with - I didn't even know there were different options until a few months in so it never really crossed my mind to care about it! as for rocks, there's a few at the back of my island that mean I can't design a cliff jumping spot where I'd want to, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it all. I'm not actually entirely sure I could name all the rock types I have, but I know I've decorated them to the best of my ability haha

I know this says beach rocks, which I'm kind of indifferent to. But I would absolutely change all the rocks on the North of my town. Mine are all tiny, meanwhile I've seen friends towns with 3 giant flat rocks at the back, adding a good chunk of space for them to decorate and I want something like that.

Back