• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you still happy with...? PART 4: Your native flower

How do you feel about your native and sister flower?

• I like my native and sister flowers and wouldn't change them

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • I like my native flower, but would change my sister flower

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • I like my sister flower, but would change my native flower

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I would change both my native and sister flowers

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
My native are roses and my second native are pansies. I dislike both 😅This might be the only thing I’m not happy with! But like my answer to fruit trees (although I do like my cherries), I don’t actually use my native much so it’s fine! I think I mainly have an issue with the way roses look in this game. Something about it doesn’t seem as refined as the other flowers, which is why I don’t like it that much. Roses were actually among my favourites in New Leaf.

That's really interesting! I've never seen this chart before.

I was super happy to get windflowers as my native flower. They're very pretty and new to the AC series. Hyacinths as my secondary was great. It was also nice because the two friends I played with the most had different native and secondary flowers to me, so I was able to trade with them and expand my island's biodiversity quicker. And like you said, once you have all the types of flowers, it doesn't really matter much what the starting two are, so I don't think I'd want to change either of mine. I put loads of windflowers around my resident services building to highlight that they're natives too.

My native flower are lilies and my sister flower are tulips! I wish I had hyacinths as my native flower esp when hybrid NMT islands were a thing still (rip) since lilies are pretty easy to breed and I wanted pink/purple/blue hybrids the most. I don’t use lilies that much on my island but I don’t hate them. I like my tulips and I wouldn’t change those 😊 I’m just glad I didn’t get pansies for either bc they’re my least favorite 😅

My native flowers are windflowers, and I believe my sister flowers are tulips. I wouldn't change them. I really like windflowers, and tulips are nice too. Also, I was able to get all of the other flower types fairly quickly by buying seeds from other islands early on, so I never really felt like I was missing out on the other flowers or anything.

My native flower is roses which I love. Pansies are my sister flower and I would have preferred hyacinths or cosmos.

My native is cosmos and I really like how the white and yellows can brighten an area. The black are nice to mix in because they have a reddish tinge to them.

My sister flowers are windflowers. Not a big fan of them. I don't really use them in a lot of my mixes.

my native flower is pansies and i'm happy with it, but i would change my sister flowers to hyacinths or mums from tulips.
i actually had no idea this was how it was determined!

My native is mums, which I hate lol
my sister flowers are roses, which I'm a bit indifferent about, but I do like their hybrids so

I should have known flowers were somehow linked to a choice that we made in the beginning like all things animal crossing. My native flowers are cosmos, which isn’t too bad in my opinion. Not my favorite, but also not my least favorite so it’s fine by me. My sister flowers however are pansies. That’s probably my least favorite flower in the game. They just don’t look that good to me, aside from the purple pansies. I would have much rather prefer tulips or hyacinths. But regardless as others have mentioned once you have all the flower breeds it doesn’t really matter much which ones you started out with.

Windflowers are my native and hyacinths my sister, and both are my faves of all the in-game flowers, so that worked out well. Like everything else, it doesn't matter though because I have every flower now

My native flower is cosmos and my sister flower is tulips. I don't mind them, and at this point since you can buy whatever flowers you want from Leif, I wouldn't be super concerned about changing them. (throwback to when we were all panicked about limited flower options in April)

Actually yeah, I like my native and sister flowers. I chose to be SH, so my birth month is March, so I got lilies and my sister flower is mums. Those two flowers are scattered all over my island.

I'm glad I got to discover hybrid island because I found a special purple and pink mums. It basically made it really easy for me to get the green mums.

Today I learned! My native flower is roses and my sister flower is tulips. I am not the biggest fan of roses but they aren't the worst. I would have preferred tulips, lily, or hyacinth as my native flower but I'm an October baby so I guess those were never an option to me!

my native flower for my current island is mums and theyre quite pretty, 10/10 i wouldnt change them. my secondary flower (& fruit) surprised me bc it's roses, which happened to be my native flower on my very first island. i hate roses in this game tho, so that's the only reason i like them lol (their colors r just so weird, same with tulips. the pink in this game's a bit scuffed)

It doesn't matter much to me now that I have some of every kind of flower. I do really like windflowers, my native flower. Pansies are my sister flower, and I would have been happier with ANYTHING else. I like all of the flower types, but pansies are my least favorite. I don't like that they're two colors, makes it difficult to match with other flowers well imo.

To be honest, I’m not even sure what my native and sister flowers are. I know there‘s an easy way to check, but I just haven’t bothered. I wouldn’t change them though regardless of what they are. It‘s kind of the same with the native fruit for me in the sense that it doesn’t matter because I can acquire all the other ones anyway.

My native flower is pansies, other options were mums & windflowers (January birthday). Would've prefered the mums, but they turned out to be my sister flower.

Ideally; native flowers would be mums, sister flowers would be hyacinths or cosmos.

my native flower is tulips and my sister flower is pansies. very pleased with the sister flower cause pansies are one of my (actual) favorite flowers, but I find tulips to be underwhelming so I would've liked to get something else. I'm kinda bummed I didn't get lilies lol (June, North).

I didn't know that native flower was determined by birth month, thats so cool! I just assumed native and sister flowers were random. My native flower is wind flower and my sister flower is hyacinths. I really love both and wouldn't change anything :)

I had no idea it was based on your birth month/hemisphere! Omg!! Mind blown!!!

I didn’t know your native flower was based on your birth month and hemisphere 🤯
I was quite surprised myself! I once saw someone post that they had tried hundreds of times to get Lilies as their native flowers, but no matter how often they resetted, they never got it. Nobody understood why at that time. Since they always entered the same birth month, it makes sense now!

If I could've chosen, I'd have picked tulips as my sister flower, because they are much easier to quickly breed into colorful arrangements than windflowers. Then again, this was my island a few weeks into the game:
View attachment 323302View attachment 323303
Needless to say I succeeded in breeding a lot of colors very easily, so it wasn't a big deal that the sister flower was windflowers.
Wow, so beautiful! This brings back memories! Have you kept all the flowers you bred?

At this point it really doesn't matter since flowers are easy to buy from Nook's and Leif. I do wish I hadn't let the flowers get out of control, though. 😅 I barely have any empty grass.
Yeah, this happens :p I usually put them on the beach, because otherwise they can spread across your whole town!

Okay, this is where I am most dissatisfied with my selections on both of my islands. While I really like the hyacinths of Arctin and wouldn’t change em, pansies are my sister flower. Those are my second least favorite flower, so that was disappointing...

...Speaking of least favorite flower, I got those (cosmos) as my native for Evwirt, with pansies as my sister flower. Just my luck. At least I can remove all of them from my island (which I did REALLY early on).
That's some real bad luck! It's a good thing they don't grow back once you remove them.

Also, I've got to tell you that I find your island names really awesome :)

These have been a lot of fun! 😁

Mums are my native flower, which I initially thought I liked as they were new and added to the deserted island vibe. They have since developed into my least favorite next to cosmos. Tulips are my sister flower and I still love them.

I'll remove all the mums and just pretend windflowers or hyacinths are my native flower. 👀 Would like to do something that celebrates this (e.g.: central garden of native flowers only).
That's a good plan! I hereby decide that cosmos isn't my native flower anymore. It never was, I've never even seen them on my island :3

My native flower is cosmos and my sister flower is tulips. I don't mind them, and at this point since you can buy whatever flowers you want from Leif, I wouldn't be super concerned about changing them. (throwback to when we were all panicked about limited flower options in April)
I remember that! I used to store hundred of flower seeds on my other characters, then when the bushes came out, I had to make some room in my storage!

Actually yeah, I like my native and sister flowers. I chose to be SH, so my birth month is March, so I got lilies and my sister flower is mums. Those two flowers are scattered all over my island.

I'm glad I got to discover hybrid island because I found a special purple and pink mums. It basically made it really easy for me to get the green mums.
I loved the hybrid island, I was sad that they removed them! People with roses had a real advantage though, because breeding blue roses takes a while without those special hybrids.

Back