• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you still happy with...? PART 4: Your native flower

How do you feel about your native and sister flower?

• I like my native and sister flowers and wouldn't change them

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • I like my native flower, but would change my sister flower

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • I like my sister flower, but would change my native flower

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I would change both my native and sister flowers

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
I personally don't think native anything matters much at all in this game. Native fruit only mattered to me in New Leaf because it was impossible to plant a non-native perfect fruit. In New Horizons, you can plant any fruit/flower so what you start with really only matters in the beginning. Honestly, I kinda even forget native fruit/flowers are a thing hehe. Just my own opinion of course.

I've got pansies as my native flower and I love them! In my New Leaf town I had pansies all over my town and they're the flowers I'm using the most on my island too, I believe.

My sister flowers are hyacinths and I considered changing them to either tulips (I use them more than hyacinths) or windflowers (had a hard time breeding those) but since I already have all the colours that I need, I don't really need to change anything.

Roses are both my native flowers and my favourite flowers in the game (especially the black, red and orange ones). My sister flowers are tulips, and I like those as well.

Very happy with them, since I have the feeling breeding these two types goes a lot faster, though that can be my imagination:)

Roses are my native flower, and for the most part i'm pretty happy with them, since aesthetic wise the white rose is my favourite non-hybrid flower. If I could've chosen one or re rolled for it, I definitely would've chosen to go for hyacinths since I like the muted red and yellow colours a lot more, but i'd still have to say that roses come in at a close second. My sister flower is the pansy, and while it's not too bad (since I like the blue and purple pansies), I really don't like the red and yellow variants very much, so I purged most of the coloured pansies from my island pretty quickly. Although to be fair, it's not like native or sister flowers really matter too much to me anymore, since I don't have any wild patches of flowers, and I prefer to have a mix of different flowers around my island anyway.
It's true that some flowers look much better in their hybrid version. Pansies are a good example, the hybrid colors look gorgeous!

My debut island rolled cosmos as main, tulips as secondary! They definitely grew (hah) on me once I realised how perfectly they complimented my island's name/theme!
Nice one 😁 It's awesome that you got a flower that fits with your island. May I ask what the theme is?

My native flower is lily and I wouldn't have accepted any other flower, no matter that native flowers dont have any influence on anything. Lilies are my favorite flower so I knew specifically that I needed that as my native type.

My sister flower is cosmos, but if I could have a choice, I'd of chosen hyacinths because I think those are super pretty in this game
I love your way of thinking! I'm also like this when I reset for something, even for little things that don't have a huge impact. I'm glad you got what you wanted!

Also, I never knew how native and sisterly flowers were determined! I felt that mums, lillies and roses were difficult for me to find when I began the game and was trading people but now knowing that they are assigned to what practically was the birth month of people makes more sense since people started mostly in March/April therefor those assigned flowers were more common.
Very true! On the northern hemisphere at least, we all had one of out only four possible sister flowers. By the time Leif came around, I don't think I even had all the flowers.

I think I’m happy with my native and sister flowers (not sure what my sister flower is though). Roses are my flowers which works well since a large part of my island so far has based on a medieval theme. I plan on using non-European flowers as well (I have to look up where each flower is from of course), but when decorating, I try my best to pick flowers that fit theme (or sub-theme) and region if applicable. Personally, my favorites are the hyacinths :).
I love the idea of looking up their origins! I also think medieval islands look amazing, good luck with yours ☺️

Funny story: my son had mums, but told me he couldn’t find chrysanthemums. 😂 Had to tell him they were the same.
Aww that is adorable! I love that you are playing this game with your son! Is he still playing?

Pansies are my native flower and tbh they're also my least favorite flower. As of now, there isn't a single pansy on the island, other than one (1) plucked one that decorates a picnic blanket. I wasn't too fussed about that when I picked my island, though; they're so easy to swap out and I mind less when I trample them on mystery islands, at least?

My sister flowers are mums and I do love those! I definitely dug up a lot from mystery islands and brought them home to plant.
I've done my share of trampling and digging up flowers from mystery island! I take pity on the poor villager who is just standing there, trying to enjoy camping while I'm literally digging up trees 🤣

I lucked out and got two of the new flowers: windflowers as my native and hyacinths as my sister. I like the hyacinths, but would switch for tulips as my native flower, especially with my island being based on canal cities like Amsterdam.

Aww that is adorable! I love that you are playing this game with your son! Is he still playing?

He kind of burned out for a while, but got interested when I told him about the villager portraits, which neither of us knew about until I found this forum about a week ago. He'll keep playing off and on I suspect.

My native flower is hyacinths which I'm quite happy about, they are definitely one of my favorite flowers in the game. I think my sister flower is pansy

My native flower is the rose, and sister is the pansy. Neither are my favorites, although I do like the pansy hybrids.

I particularly like cosmos and windflowers. I think it’s because they’re the most natural-looking. As in the type of thing you would see growing along the side of the road or along your back fence or something.

I have cosmos as my native and hyacinths as my sister flower, and I'm happy with them! Like you said, once you collect the other flowers there isn't much of an impact. I was happy to get hybrid hyacinth islands when they still existed (rip)

Native flower: Lily, really satisfied with this one since the black lilies are one of my favorite flowers in the game. Even the default colored ones still blend in super well with my island's theming and manage to look super pretty. Definitely prefer them over cosmos as my other option, though I would've gladly taken mums if I had gotten them instead.
Sister flower: Pansy, even though I do have a soft spot for the blue pansy and am working on breeding them in mass, I find the pansies to be the least attractive flower in the game in my opinion. Especially when I had hyancinths and windflowers as my other options for April, it does make me a bit sad that I got pansies of all things. Doesn't really matter anymore, since I've been able to acquire most of the hybrids for both windflowers and hyacinths since starting the game, but I feel like convenience would be a lot better for me since I use those flowers more often around my island than pansies.

My native flower is mum. I did not like it before, but now I love it. My sister flower is hyacinth, which is nice.

Overall, I'm happy with both native and sister flowers. 🌼

I have hyacinths as my native flower, and I think tulips as my sister flower. I wouldn't mind swapping the tulips out for mums.

Main town was lily. Second town was rose.

I prefer mums, hyacinths, or windflowers but it wasn't a huge deal to me.

I didn't know flowers were determined by birth and start month, that's cool. My starting flower was roses and my sister flower is tulips, which I don't mind. I was least concerned with flowers when I was resetting because other things were more important to me. If I were to choose, I'd want hyacinths for my native flower and either windflowers or cosmos for my sister flower. I can get these from friends though, so it's not too much of a problem.

Although I must say, for Halloween, the black roses are very fun to decorate with.

My native flower is roses and my sister flower is windflowers. Roses are actually my least favorite flower. I like the windflowers a lot though.

If I could choose though, I'd make my native flower and sister flower mums and hyacinths. Those are both my favorite, so I'd be happy with either in either position.

I used to be happy with pansies until I saw how pretty mums and hyacinths were. Now I'm sick of seeing the overgrown pansies in my island LOL. My sister flowers are the lilies, I think they go really well with mums so I'm not complaining about it. ^^ The only thing positive about having pansies is that I can use the tagline "pansies & peaches" for my native flower & fruit respectively. It sounds really cute.

My native flowers are pansies and the sister flowers are windflowers. Pretty happy with them but neither are my favourite, which would be hyacinths :)

Back