• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I've got another question; this one about villagers moving out.

Now, I'm waiting for Pietro to finally pack his bags and get the heck out of my town, but he's taking his sweet time to do it (it's been probably about a week and a half, about).
There are a couple other villagers I wouldn't mind if they left, but I don't want them to leave as much as I do Pietro.

I have 9 villagers (and a campsite, though nobody is in it currently), so my question is this:

If I allow someone else to leave when they give me notice, do I have to wait for someone else to move in to take the place of that villager (which would mean Pietro would stick around longer), or is there a chance for him to move out, too?

Please and thank you!

I've got another question; this one about villagers moving out.

Now, I'm waiting for Pietro to finally pack his bags and get the heck out of my town, but he's taking his sweet time to do it (it's been probably about a week and a half, about).
There are a couple other villagers I wouldn't mind if they left, but I don't want them to leave as much as I do Pietro.

I have 9 villagers (and a campsite, though nobody is in it currently), so my question is this:

If I allow someone else to leave when they give me notice, do I have to wait for someone else to move in to take the place of that villager (which would mean Pietro would stick around longer), or is there a chance for him to move out, too?

Please and thank you!

If you would drop down to 8 villagers by moving someone else out, no one else can move out until you reach 9 villagers again. So then you'd need someone else to move in before Pietro would be able to ping you to move out. Hope this helps. :)

I was making a PRO pattern and finished halfway. I saved the design to continue for next time. When I tried redesigning the pattern wasn't PRO anymore! I talked to Mabel and I couldn't continue there either! Is it possible to resume making a PRO design?

I was making a PRO pattern and finished halfway. I saved the design to continue for next time. When I tried redesigning the pattern wasn't PRO anymore! I talked to Mabel and I couldn't continue there either! Is it possible to resume making a PRO design?

Yes. It's saved in the designs you have on you. Talk to Mabel about making a new PRO design. When she says you'll need to save over a current design, choose the one you were working on before. When she asks what kind, choose the same (short-sleeved dress for example) as the design you were working on. Now you can continue where you left off.

Yes. It's saved in the designs you have on you. Talk to Mabel about making a new PRO design. When she says you'll need to save over a current design, choose the one you were working on before. When she asks what kind, choose the same (short-sleeved dress for example) as the design you were working on. Now you can continue where you left off.

Thank you! ^_^

i have a question: currently i have marshal visiting in my campsite. i have 10 villager in my town but from what i hear marshal is popular. i dont want him but someone else might. is there a way i can open my gates and have someone from another town come and recruit him/??

i have a question: currently i have marshal visiting in my campsite. i have 10 villager in my town but from what i hear marshal is popular. i dont want him but someone else might. is there a way i can open my gates and have someone from another town come and recruit him/??

Unfortunately, there's no way of adopting a villager through someone else's campsite. There are lots of rumors that you could do so a while back, but they've all been disproven.

Do we need a SD card to play animal crossing:new leaf?
As far as I know, the physical copy saves to the gamecard itself, and I think you therefore might not need an SD card to play it. The digital copy saves to the SD card though, so I'm sure you need one for that. I'm not entirely sure about the physical copy though, so I'm also bumping this question in hopes somebody else can answer it.

Unfortunately, you can't get campers from other people's campsites. As much as everyone wishes it were possible, it isn't. :(

Do we need a SD card to play animal crossing:new leaf?

No, you just need an SD card to take snapshots and turn on Streetpass and Spotpass. On my second copy, I played without a game card for a month or so, but then I put in an SD card so that my two games would streetpass each other!

I plan on releasing my DA when there is a meteor shower and my hibiscus starts are blooming,
so far I haven't gotten any luck and it is currently 7/9 in my town.

I'm looking to update from 7/6 - 9/15.

Does anyone know if it's possible for meteor showers to occur within these dates
or just randomly occur throughout a specific season?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. - I posted this on a new thread I made but
nobody seemed to offer to help. I think it's possible, but I really need confirmation
before TT'ing forward in hopes of getting a meteor shower.
I still don't have an answer ;o; Could anybody please help? I'll offer bells / items for an answer.

I still don't have an answer ;o; Could anybody please help? I'll offer bells / items for an answer.

"When Meteor Showers Occur

If there is clear weather between 10AM and 11AM, a note might appear on the town's signboard announcing that a meteor shower will occur in the evening. Meteor Showers occur between 7PM and 4AM during the following times of year:

April 1 through April 10
June 16 through July 5
December 10
December 24 through December 30"

Last edited:
^^^ The best thing you can do is make sure you and the person you're trading villagers with both visit a town that has ten villagers in it. This will clear both of your voids. And if you have 9 villagers and you make a villager in a different town move in, I'm pretty sure it'll definitly be the one you talked to, and not one from the other town's void.

Do villagers show Bug-Off or Fishing Turny trophies in their houses if you give them to them?
I was thinking about giving my jock friends extra trophies as gifts.

Do villagers show Bug-Off or Fishing Turny trophies in their houses if you give them to them?
I was thinking about giving my jock friends extra trophies as gifts.
I'm not sure but I'm thinking yes, since trophies are just like any other unorderable furniture aren't they? Like they show up in the catalog. That's a really cute idea anyhow :eek: you could try giving it to them when they ask for furniture and see if they accept it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

"When Meteor Showers Occur

If there is clear weather between 10AM and 11AM, a note might appear on the town's signboard announcing that a meteor shower will occur in the evening. Meteor Showers occur between 7PM and 4AM during the following times of year:

April 1 through April 10
June 16 through July 5
December 10
December 24 through December 30"
That's what Thonky says but it can't be right, as I had a meteor shower in my second town on July 18 (that's what the bulletin board said anyway, I TTed right through it lol). And I definitely recall having several meteor showers in my first town last summer, and I didn't get the game until July 7, which would've been just after meteor season according to that guide. All the other online guides I checked just said they can occur during clear nights throughout the year, so I don't think there's an actual specific meteor shower season.

I'm wondering if I make a new save file on my acnl for the sole purpose of time traveling to get special items, will this affect my original save file. Obviously I will have to save to change the time and date and stuff but if I put it back to the original time and date when I eventually load my original save file, will it be affected? I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I just can't find a thread on it.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm wondering if I make a new save file on my acnl for the sole purpose of time traveling to get special items, will this affect my original save file. Obviously I will have to save to change the time and date and stuff but if I put it back to the original time and date when I eventually load my original save file, will it be affected? I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I just can't find a thread on it.

Thanks in advance :)
Yep making a new save file just creates a new character in the same town, so your town will be affected no matter which character you TT on.

Ok, thanks for that, I have the beautiful town ordinance in effect at the moment so I'm thinking that any effect it does have won't be that great, correct me if I'm wrong. I've not long been playing and I feel I've started at such a bad time, no big events happening and I'm just getting a bit bored, but still love the game and want to carry on :/ I'm just getting a it board of doing the same things every day, fossils, money rock, shopping then bug catching ect and that's it, getting a bit mundane!!

Back