• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I went to someone's dream address and they had a throwing beans item.
From this festival right here:
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Bean_Throwing_Festival

Is this a type of item that runs out?
Do you know how much the item typically costs?

Thanks a bunch. :D

The Throwing Beans don't run out! Ever. Feel free to throw infinite amounts of beans at your villagers and visitors.

I've seen the beans go for anywhere around 400k to about a million at ReTail. It's relatively pricey. Witch always sells them for 100 TBT if you want to go that route, though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Say I paint the kiddie stereo the pastel colours. Could I paint it again to change the colour to something else when I get bored of the pastel or would I have to buy a whole new kiddie stereo?

Say I paint the kiddie stereo the pastel colours. Could I paint it again to change the colour to something else when I get bored of the pastel or would I have to buy a whole new kiddie stereo?

You'll be glad to hear...you can customize an item as many times as you like! Or until you've worked Cyrus to death. c:

Unfortunately, you can't catch Scorpions in other towns. When people say that certain bugs won't spawn with the gate open, it means that they won't spawn during any multiplayer experience period. This ranges from having your gate open but no one in the town to having 3 visitors with the gate closed.

Thanks! You are one of the most helpful people on TBT! :cool:

am i correct in saying that pink and pink tulips do not breed other pink tulips but purple and purple tulips breed more purple tulips? this is what most of the guides seem to imply, it's rather confusing :(

oh, and another question~

i have been breeding patches of about 20 hybrids on my beach with ok success, is this number too large? does it really work better without about 10 or so?

Last edited:
am i correct in saying that pink and pink tulips do not breed other pink tulips but purple and purple tulips breed more purple tulips? this is what most of the guides seem to imply, it's rather confusing :(

oh, and another question~

i have been breeding patches of about 20 hybrids on my beach with ok success, is this number too large? does it really work better without about 10 or so?

Pink Tulips x Pink Tulips should make more Pink Tulips (although they do have a chance of making more Reds and Whites and even Blacks). Same with Purple Tulips. All regular hybrids can be bred with another to create more of the same hybrid. What guides are you using?

For me personally, I used around 15 flowers or less when originally breeding for hybrids, and I remember getting around 3-5 flowers per day. I haven't used plots that big in a while, though; I usually only use 4 now, and still get 2 or 3 hybrids a day, for comparison. If 20 works for you, then keep using it! As long as you're getting around 3 flowers out of it or more, you're doing average/above average depending on how lucky you are each day. If you have plots that span the entire town and get no hybrids a day, that's the sign that it's too large.

Last edited:
aw thanks sonatina! you're so helpful! i was using the thonky hybrid guide, do you know of any better ones? it might have just been a mistake but it does seem to miss out the pink x pink tulip combination, so it's good to know i can actually use my pink tulips for breeding!

and ok! i used more because i was breeding them on the beach which is a lot more narrower than on land, i don't know if that even makes any sense haha, it did in my head! i tend to get about 3-4 though so i'm quite happy with that, when i'm nearly finished landscaping i'll use less i think :D even so 20 does seem kinda too much, i might cut it to 15

aw thanks sonatina! you're so helpful! i was using the thonky hybrid guide, do you know of any better ones? it might have just been a mistake but it does seem to miss out the pink x pink tulip combination, so it's good to know i can actually use my pink tulips for breeding!

and ok! i used more because i was breeding them on the beach which is a lot more narrower than on land, i don't know if that even makes any sense haha, it did in my head! i tend to get about 3-4 though so i'm quite happy with that, when i'm nearly finished landscaping i'll use less i think :D even so 20 does seem kinda too much, i might cut it to 15

Yeah, it looks like they just forgot to add that. Generally, using hybrids to make other hybrids is actually the best. Otherwise, that guide has the same basic info as other guides I'm found. This guide shows literally every single combination in an easier-to-read table. I personally used this one when I was breeding hybrids for the first time since it's simple and just lists one or two basic combinations you can make with regular flowers (and after I got two hybrids, I just kept breeding those two together). The only info that's kind of wonky on those guides are in regards to Carnations. They say that Red x Pink is best to make White, but I had better luck with Pink x Pink, although that might have just been me.

Haha, and that makes sense to me! The nice thing about making your plot smaller is that it gives you a few extra flowers to landscape with. Best of luck with your hybrid growing!

Last edited:
whats the number of villagers you can have in each game? i've seen a list somewhere but i forgot lol

Does anyone know if refusing to trade clothing or buy clothing from villagers reduce their happiness?
Also, is it possible to catch a fly and a roach even with the Beautiful Ordinance?

Does anyone know if refusing to trade clothing or buy clothing from villagers reduce their happiness?
Also, is it possible to catch a fly and a roach even with the Beautiful Ordinance?

I think that the general consensus is that refusing to trade/buy doesn't reduce their happiness.

It's possible to catch a Fly and a Wharf Roach with Beautiful Ordinance. If you're having trouble with the Fly, make sure that your gates are closed since you can't find them on multiplayer. Otherwise, it's just up to luck. I'd recommend catching the Wharf Roach on the island, though. They spawn very frequently on there.

I think that the general consensus is that refusing to trade/buy doesn't reduce their happiness.

It's possible to catch a Fly and a Wharf Roach with Beautiful Ordinance. If you're having trouble with the Fly, make sure that your gates are closed since you can't find them on multiplayer. Otherwise, it's just up to luck. I'd recommend catching the Wharf Roach on the island, though. They spawn very frequently on there.

Thanks always for your help, Gena! :D

I plan on releasing my DA when there is a meteor shower and my hibiscus starts are blooming,
so far I haven't gotten any luck and it is currently 7/9 in my town.

I'm looking to update from 7/6 - 9/15.

Does anyone know if it's possible for meteor showers to occur within these dates
or just randomly occur throughout a specific season?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. - I posted this on a new thread I made but
nobody seemed to offer to help. I think it's possible, but I really need confirmation
before TT'ing forward in hopes of getting a meteor shower.

Back