• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I believe they can, they'll ask for anything in your pocket. I always get asked to sell my Gems/Jewels (whatever they are :p)
Oh, right, I get asked for ore too haha. But besides ore, and like fossils/fish/bugs. Has anyone been asked for unorderable furniture/clothes before?

Asking because my current big project is furnishing my villagers' houses, and some of them are getting unorderable sets, so I want to know if they'll ever ask to buy unorderable furniture out of my pocket, or if I just have to wait until they specifically ask me to bring them furniture (mailing feels too risky).

Last edited:
They won't ask for that stuff. I can carry Gracie stuff around and they never ask for it. Your best bet is if they ask you to replace something specific in their homes and your second best bet is if they just ask for anything. The first lets you get it exactly in the spot you want.

They won't ask for that stuff. I can carry Gracie stuff around and they never ask for it. Your best bet is if they ask you to replace something specific in their homes and your second best bet is if they just ask for anything. The first lets you get it exactly in the spot you want.
Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Alright, I have looong ago unlocked the QR machine at the Able Sisters. However, right now I cannot use it, Sabel is ignoring me and saying she hasn't got a claw free right now.

Can this happen? Is it because I just cannot use it today or have I been ignoring Sabel for too long? Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: Nvm, found the reason! My gate was open.

Last edited:
Yep, it's already included! Basically, the house itself gets expanded, but the fence around it doesn't have to; it fenced in a large enough area so that it can accommodate all upgrades. The actual area that the entire thing covers never changes.

It's made that way so that you can't build your house in an area that makes it impossible to expand in, so you don't have to worry about a thing.

Thanks! I knew about the house having enough room to expand, but since villagers can plot on stuff like flowers and since trees don't count for PWP placement, I assumed my house could accidentally expand over the flowers and trees around it. It's good to know that it won't.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I've been playing for exactly a year yesterday, and I just saw something I've never seen before. I went into Deirdre's house and talked to her, and she said something about wanting to be a fortune teller. She then went into thinking mode. It was actually pretty cute to see her walking around like that. But, I've never seen that ever. Keep in mind that this was the first time I talked to her today, so it wasn't from talking to her too much. Has anyone seen this?

I've seen this happen before and it wasn't from talking to them too much or from playing for a year. I just spoke to a random character (I can't remember who it was but I think it may have been Katt?) who told me something and then went aside to think. It's probably just random.

What does it mean when Super T&T says on the door "Due to certain reasons, the business hours for today have changed."

What does it mean when Super T&T says on the door "Due to certain reasons, the business hours for today have changed."

I believe saving and quitting, then coming back to the game should solve this. Supposedly it happens when you leave your game in sleep mode through the day change at 6am and the game couldn't save to the next day properly?

When you have gold roses, can you pick them up and plant them like normal flowers?

Can you catch scorpions in other towns? When it is said that certain bugs won't spawn with the gate open, will they spawn if the gate is closed but another player is present?

Can you catch scorpions in other towns? When it is said that certain bugs won't spawn with the gate open, will they spawn if the gate is closed but another player is present?

Unfortunately, you can't catch Scorpions in other towns. When people say that certain bugs won't spawn with the gate open, it means that they won't spawn during any multiplayer experience period. This ranges from having your gate open but no one in the town to having 3 visitors with the gate closed.

So I've read all the answers in the first posts and I think my questions are just so newb no one else has asked them. XD

1) When people list their residents, and say dreamies, what do they mean? Are those the one they wish would move in?

2) What is this business about selling/trading residents? How does that work?

3) Trading/selling items with other players... that is done by inviting them over/going to their town and and dropping things on the ground?

Sorry if these are so basic it's annoying. I learned a lot just reading the already asked questions, so thanks for making this concise and collected thread. <3

So I've read all the answers in the first posts and I think my questions are just so newb no one else has asked them. XD

1) When people list their residents, and say dreamies, what do they mean? Are those the one they wish would move in?

2) What is this business about selling/trading residents? How does that work?

3) Trading/selling items with other players... that is done by inviting them over/going to their town and and dropping things on the ground?

Sorry if these are so basic it's annoying. I learned a lot just reading the already asked questions, so thanks for making this concise and collected thread. <3

You got the basics down at least ^__^ I am also fairly new, since I've only been playing for a few months compared to a year from other people.

I'll try to answer your questions, I hope in an understandable way XD

1) Dreamies is a concept for people's favorite villagers who they want to have (so move-in) in their towns and want to keep there. Since the games allows for only 10 villagers, dreamie lists usually only lists 10 villagers, although some people have more or less so they can rotate and enjoy new faces every once in a while.

2) Selling/Trading/Giveaway villagers revolves around the move-outs of villager. When you have 9-10 villagers in your town, occasionally someone wants to leave. People put them up for sale/trade/giveaway to find a new home for them. If a villager is in 'boxes', it means he/she is packed up and will be leaving his current town the next day. During his 'boxes' day, someone from another town can come over, talk to the villager and convince him/her to move to the other town (you need to have less than 10 villagers to be able to get a villager to move into your town). The villager's data will be transported to the other town where he will move in the next day (sometimes 2-3 days I believe), leaving his old town.
Some people sell their villager for Bells, or trade them for a villager they want themselves. Other people give villagers away.
Some seller require 'dreamie proof', which is basically a signature picture or text in which is stated that this villager is a dreamie of yours and you really really reaaaaally want it. Mostly this is because they want to give their villager to a good home where he/she is really wanted and will be loved.

3) Trading/selling items is mostly done as you describe it. You visit the buyer/seller's town or he/she comes to you, and the exchange happens by dropping the items to the ground. There are several guides as how to keep an eye out for scammers. Overall, on this forum I think almost all people are honest and sincere and no scammers, plus, you can check their Wi-Fi Rating on their profile page to see whether other people have given them positive or negative Wi-Fi ratings. Negative rating can also be caused by bad Wi-Fi connections, but also by having a negative attitude or stealing etc. It's a reasonably good indicator whether you want to trade with this person or not.

I hope this helped! If you have any more questions (or mine are not complete), I'm sure there's loads of other nice persons here to help you out! ^_^

Are certain flowers easier to breed than others? I swear I'm having such a hard time breeding pink roses. I have a huge bed of white and pink roses and I get 0~1 a day. Usually 0. I eventually managed to grow two pink roses, but I haven't gotten anything from them yet and I've been watering them for 5 days.

When I was breeding blue roses they popped up like no tomorrow, but I am having such terrible luck with pink..

HNI_0028.JPG

Only 1 pink rose again today.. :(

Are certain flowers easier to breed than others? I swear I'm having such a hard time breeding pink roses. I have a huge bed of white and pink roses and I get 0~1 a day. Usually 0. I eventually managed to grow two pink roses, but I haven't gotten anything from them yet and I've been watering them for 5 days.

When I was breeding blue roses they popped up like no tomorrow, but I am having such terrible luck with pink..

View attachment 54838

I have heard people saying that it is easier to breed hybrids and certain towns than others, though this is likely a rumor. If you have not been using fertilizer or watering them then start doing that because that increases hybrid spawn rate.

View attachment 54838

I'm not sure if certain flowers are easier to breed than others, but I can help troubleshoot your Pink Rose problem. For starters, don't use such a large bed of flowers! I've found that it's best to only use ~10-12 at max, and I usually use less than that, and get at least 2 a day. Since only a few new flowers can grow each day, you want to control the outcome by watering only the flowers you wish to breed. However, if you water a ton of flowers, all of them basically have a chance of breeding and can conflict with each other. So I'd try reducing your hybrid plot and spend a few days watering only those few flowers.

Also judging from your picture (and given the season), you've probably had lots of rain recently, which dampens (pun not intended) hybrid production for the same reasons I mentioned above. Now every flower is watered and has an equal chance of breeding. You can sort of counteract that by still personally watering the flowers you want to breed, but even then, I've always had fewer hybrids grow after rainy days.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I do water them individually every day, but I don't use fertilizer (don't have T&T emp yet). I'll try making a smaller bed of flowers and see how that goes.

Does letting people adopt your villagers affect your 16 villager cycle? Could have sworn I have moved out 16 villagers but Truffles is still on Main Street... I think I have let 5 of those villagers be adopted

Does letting people adopt your villagers affect your 16 villager cycle? Could have sworn I have moved out 16 villagers but Truffles is still on Main Street... I think I have let 5 of those villagers be adopted

It doesn't matter whether or not the villagers moving out get adopted or voided; as long as they leave your town, they count towards the 16 cycle.

Back