• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I would help but I don't have my ds with me /: I can still try though since I did visit your town earlier and remember parts of your town

I would help but I don't have my ds with me /: I can still try though since I did visit your town earlier and remember parts of your town

That would be really awesome of you MudKipz! I'll message you.
I set up a forum too on other TBT bell forums, for those that can look right now.

To my knowledge you can't spawn more. You will have to either buy them through Lief, rarely for tokens at the island shop (red and yellow hibiscus only) or trade with other people online.

I see, thanks. I knew about the island but the bushes I want are only available through Leif... oh well, I guess I'll just have to be patient or cave and buy some here.

Last edited:
My question is why did I go into Reese's houses in a dream? I'm pretty jelly right now. I put a lot of effort into the outside part of my town, but I neglect my homes. Reese . . . doesn't. Great job. I'm going to try to take inspiration and do something with my house.

Also, my bushes came in after cutting down the trees. I replanted the trees (not in the exact configuration), and they came in, too.

Okay, real question: if you get Leif in your town because of too many weeds and you pull all but a couple that you can't find, will he still give you some furniture? He begs you to finish the job, which I did, but I just wondered if I said I was done if that would be close enough.

Last edited:
Okay, real question: if you get Leif in your town because of too many weeds and you pull all but a couple that you can't find, will he still give you some furniture? He begs you to finish the job, which I did, but I just wondered if I said I was done if that would be close enough.

From my experience, he won't give you furniture. He'll give you a perfect fruit instead.

Last edited:
If you send a villager a trophy from the bug off or fishing tournament in the mail, will they display it in their house?

Last edited:
My question is why did I go into Reese's houses in a dream? I'm pretty jelly right now. I put a lot of effort into the outside part of my town, but I neglect my homes. Reese . . . doesn't. Great job. I'm going to try to take inspiration and do something with my house.

Also, my bushes came in after cutting down the trees. I replanted the trees (not in the exact configuration), and they came in, too.
Aw :blush: thanks so much! I like that you posted this here knowing that I always check this thread lol. And I'm glad you got it to work with the bushes.

I have no experience with this but the few online guides I checked said you have to pick all the weeds to get a piece of furniture.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you send a villager a trophy from the bug off or fishing tournament in the mail, will they display it in their house?
I'm not sure but I feel like they could, since trophies are basically just like unorderable furniture in that they appear in the catalog and such. You should try to give them one when they ask you to bring them furniture and see if they accept it.

Last edited:
if you complain to isabelle about a villager (like if you wish to change their phrase), will the villager know?

i gave rudy a silver trophy a while back and he currently displays it in his house, it's pretty great.

if you complain to isabelle about a villager (like if you wish to change their phrase), will the villager know?

They will change their shirt, catchphrase, or whatever, but they will not acknowledge that Isabelle made them change it.

Last edited:

I can confirm that villagers do display trophies in their homes. Both of my jock villagers have one.
Just to make sure, you might want to give it to them when they specifically ask for new furniture.

I'm thinking about playing with time traveling/cycling to try to get some inconveniently placed villager houses out of my town, but my shop is upgrading today. Will either the two day forward and back method or the constantly-forward method cause problems with this? When I get set back to today's date, will my shop still be upgrading/closed today?

(I guess I could just finish today's daily tasks, jump to tomorrow, and work from there then adjust tomorrow to the correct date, but now I'm curious. Also, impatient. Always impatient when I have an idea in my head.)

I'm thinking about playing with time traveling/cycling to try to get some inconveniently placed villager houses out of my town, but my shop is upgrading today. Will either the two day forward and back method or the constantly-forward method cause problems with this? When I get set back to today's date, will my shop still be upgrading/closed today?

(I guess I could just finish today's daily tasks, jump to tomorrow, and work from there then adjust tomorrow to the correct date, but now I'm curious. Also, impatient. Always impatient when I have an idea in my head.)

No, it shouldn't affect the shop expansion. When you change the clock back to the present day, the expansion should be complete.

- - - Post Merge - - -

if i get a villager from a friends villager ( who was in boxes) how many days pass til they move it?
If you went to their town to pick them up, then they should have their plot placed the next day, depending on whether there's an event occurring on that day. If you mean streetpass move ins from a friend's town, then it really depends. It may be within a few days, if you have space in your town.

Last edited:
I plan to get a second town soon but I'm not yet sure what to do with it. Anyone have creative inspirational sources for town ideas ( name, layout, houses, etc. ) ?

Also I want to recreate one of my rooms from my first town in my second because I'm really fond of it. There was this QR code I scanned but I can't find it anymore. It's wine bottles on a shelf and the design is meant to be hung on the wall.

Silly question:
Do villagers sleep in their beds?
I just saw Amelia sitting on her couch and it freaked me out.

Silly question:
Do villagers sleep in their beds?
I just saw Amelia sitting on her couch and it freaked me out.

No, the villagers will not sleep on their beds. I think you can find them asleep though, just not in the bed.

they all sleep standing up

and yeah, you can find them sleeping possibly if you go in their house shortly before they go to sleep or after they wake up

Last edited:
So, I was thinking of trying out that little trick which allows you to decide where a villager moves in your town, and, although I have no reason to try it now, it would come in handy for when there's a villager moving and I'm going nuts over whether or not the new villager will mess up a part of my town. So, I understand most of what I've heard about performing the trick, but, I've heard that you have to do it on the day you know the new villager will be moving in, and, I don't know how I'm supposed to know when that will be. So, how do I know?

Back