• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I'm not sure what to do... There was a problem with my 3DS battery and basically what happened is the internal clock reset to January 1, 2011. Since it was a TT backwards none of my villagers moved out or anything which is nice but it's kind of taken some of the fun out of playing since the events are all out of sync. This happened like 6 months ago so I'm in the middle of summer right now and I missed out on Halloween and Turkey Day etc. I know I could TT a few days at a time to keep my villagers from moving out but it would take forever to travel over 3 years that way. I'm wondering what would happen if I just say screw it and go ahead and set my clock back to normal. I honestly have no idea what jumping 3 years would do.

okay i have a question about hybrid flowers.what do i have to do make some cool hybrids?

I'm not sure what to do... There was a problem with my 3DS battery and basically what happened is the internal clock reset to January 1, 2011. Since it was a TT backwards none of my villagers moved out or anything which is nice but it's kind of taken some of the fun out of playing since the events are all out of sync. This happened like 6 months ago so I'm in the middle of summer right now and I missed out on Halloween and Turkey Day etc. I know I could TT a few days at a time to keep my villagers from moving out but it would take forever to travel over 3 years that way. I'm wondering what would happen if I just say screw it and go ahead and set my clock back to normal. I honestly have no idea what jumping 3 years would do.

If you are concerned about not losing any villagers to get back to the current date you can do the following.
-Wait or TT day by day until a villager you asks you to move and you tell them "No."
-Save your game and then TT to the current date.
No one should move during that time but someone will ask when you reload.

As for any TT consequences there shouldn't be any as long as you have your town set to 'beautiful town'.
That way you won't have to be worried about anything happening to your flowers and no crazy amount of weeds.

Isabelle will be flustered of course and your villagers will wonder where you have been. Things will go back to normal soon after.

I'm sorry, that sounds really annoying. You have two options to return to the present date without losing villagers.

The quickest one is to deny a villager's request to move, save the game, and set your 3DS clock back to the present. Since you denied a request to move on your last day playing, nobody will have moved out. The main problems with this are weeds and bed hair. You also get told off by the villagers for not talking to them. In my experience, after you start talking to each one again, your friendship with them will resume as usual. I've never had my villagers reset their friendship levels or anything like that. Just make sure you talk to everyone at least once.

If you're concerned about jumping ahead so many years, you can do it in smaller chunks. Just remember to deny a villager's request to move each time you skip. If you want to speed things up while doing that, you can use the method of checking ahead with a new character to at least know who's moving next.

Just remember that villagers won't ping you close to events.

The other solution takes longer: just play day by day until the present.

Did you start your game after noticing the change in date? If you did, you shouldn't have, because you could have changed the 3DS date back to normal.

How does saving designs work? If I save a custom QR and had it on furniture, and then save it at mabels and put a different design into the slot it was in before, will the cloth of all the furniture I had before change?

How does saving designs work? If I save a custom QR and had it on furniture, and then save it at mabels and put a different design into the slot it was in before, will the cloth of all the furniture I had before change?

I know that on paths, it switches the pattern to the new one. In furniture, I don't know if it also changes or if it just turns blank (like when you delete a pattern).

sorry for the phone pictures but i'm not playing on my 3ds

wdqTtWd.jpg

XCLZg7M.jpg

plot reseting blanche, is there anything that is impeding her to move on that spot? i had villagers there before. these are the two closest houses/anything that could affect, but i thought they were away enough. it's been two hours. sighhhhhh

edit: i just put the flowers to show where i want her house to be haha

Last edited:
sorry for the phone pictures but i'm not playing on my 3ds

wdqTtWd.jpg

XCLZg7M.jpg

plot reseting blanche, is there anything that is impeding her to move on that spot? i had villagers there before. these are the two closest houses/anything that could affect, but i thought they were away enough. it's been two hours. sighhhhhh

edit: i just put the flowers to show where i want her house to be haha

Nope! Nothing in the way. She should go there eventually.

Note: If you use the Home button to close the game, you might notice that a villager levitates toward a couple of the same places, but maybe a space or so over. Sometimes you need to break this cycle by shutting off the console completely and getting a fresh start.

Nope! Nothing in the way. She should go there eventually.

Note: If you use the Home button to close the game, you might notice that a villager levitates toward a couple of the same places, but maybe a space or so over. Sometimes you need to break this cycle by shutting off the console completely and getting a fresh start.

I'm doing that every few 4 home starts, but nothing yet

why blanche
why do you do this to me i love you so much why do you keep torturing me

edit: at least now i know she can go there, but is being a little brat
thank you for answering me! ;_;

Last edited:
I'm working on my catching/fishing/diving badges, and I was wondering... do the catches you make in island tours count towards these at all?

If that's the case I can knock out my medals badge as well lol.

I'm working on my catching/fishing/diving badges, and I was wondering... do the catches you make in island tours count towards these at all?

If that's the case I can knock out my medals badge as well lol.

I dont think so. I have a friend who has the gold medal for diving and asked him that. He said no.

Even though it's december 3rd my town tree still got all its leaves. While the tree of my girlfriends town lost all.
Is this a random thing?

I recently found out that I have accumulated 700k points from the HHA. He even offers me the golden exteriors until the arch but I have never gotten the plaques or trophy? I still cant get the HHA badge from Phineas. What seems to be the problem?

Even though it's december 3rd my town tree still got all its leaves. While the tree of my girlfriends town lost all.
Is this a random thing?

are they the same size? i was tting and my town tree was still p small but had its leaves. i tt'd back and i got the bronze playing badge and so my tree got bigger and now, it lost most of its leaves.

p sure it depends on tree size.

=

I recently found out that I have accumulated 700k points from the HHA. He even offers me the golden exteriors until the arch but I have never gotten the plaques or trophy? I still cant get the HHA badge from Phineas. What seems to be the problem?

you should have gotten them, wow. youve been calling phineas with the megaphone and looking for him? some people's games glitch up, like that one user who never got club LOL, even though they got the signatures and stuff.

Last edited:
you should have gotten them, wow. youve been calling phineas with the megaphone and looking for him? some people's games glitch up, like that one user who never got club LOL, even though they got the signatures and stuff.

I have gotten several badges since getting a high HHA score and they were for other stuff like refurbishing and diving but not a single badge for the HHA thingy. Gosh. It would really suck if it is a glitch :(

Last edited:
I have gotten several badges since getting a high HHA score and they were for other stuff like refurbishing and diving but not a single badge for the HHA thingy. Gosh. It would really suck if it is a glitch :(

THAT WOULD SUCK.
did you do anything like change DSes or like. drop it ??? idk

Back