• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If I make a clothing pattern to display at Able Sisters, will the design stay on the mannequin even if I delete or replace the pattern in my pattern slots? Does it work the same way as the flag design?

yes whatever you decide to display on the mannequin or flag will stay intact even if you delete the pattern or replace it with something else. so there's no need to worry like how it works with placing down paths.

If I have 10 villagers, but one of them is packed up and ready to leave, am I able to go to a friend’s town and convince one of their villagers (also packed up and ready to leave) come to my town to live?

If I have 10 villagers, but one of them is packed up and ready to leave, am I able to go to a friend’s town and convince one of their villagers (also packed up and ready to leave) come to my town to live?

No, you need to move out your villager first. If your friend time travels, your best chance of doing this is asking your friend to stay on the same day (to keep that villager in boxes) until you can do that.

If I have 10 villagers and I have one in boxes, what's the earliest I can try to get a villager from someone else?

For example, Goose is going to be in boxes tomorrow. Can I talk to a villager in someone else's town tomorrow and ask them to move in, or would I have to wait until Goose is out on Friday?

No, you need to move out your villager first. If your friend time travels, your best chance of doing this is asking your friend to stay on the same day (to keep that villager in boxes) until you can do that.

thanks a lot. c:
that was helpful.

I've heard mixed things about clearing your void by visiting a town with 10 villagers, does it work or not?

I've heard mixed things about clearing your void by visiting a town with 10 villagers, does it work or not?

People use to say that it did, but I've also heard that it doesn't. I've read enough posts saying that there's no way to clear your void to truly trust that method. The safest way to do it is probably by visiting someone who has a free spot in their town and don't mind getting that villager (because they're cycling or resetting anyway), and seeing if the villager moves there. If they do, they shouldn't be in your void any longer.

I have a question that's been bugging me for quite some time now. This is for the people who have a physical copy of the game (you know, the game cartridge) has anyone taken it out of their 3DS and put it into a different 3DS system?

I usually play the game on my 3DS XL, but I also have a regular 3DS. I sometimes want to play on the regular 3DS but I'm worried that if I switch game consoles, a villager will move out (worst fear) or something will get messed up in my town due to the switch. I hope that as long as the dates and times match in both 3DS systems nothing will go wrong...but I also don't want to take the chance since I worked so hard on my town.

So does anyone have experience with this? I really want to know if switching consoles will affect your game in any way.

Yeah I'm still unsure, I guess I'll just play it safe for now. But thanks for your input everyone.

Yeah I'm still unsure, I guess I'll just play it safe for now. But thanks for your input everyone.

The save data is stored in the cartridge so there shouldn't be any problem in switching consoles. As you said, as long as the time for both systems matches, no villagers should move out. Switching consoles is common especially since it's a type of game to be shared or in case someone upgrade their DS to XL, I think Nintendo would take care so it won't become a problem already.

The few ways to mess up your save file is to use a cheating device, have another save file data in the digital game, breaking your ds, etc. Switching consoles only becomes a problem when it comes to digital games (in this case, not a problem since it's physical)

The save data is stored in the cartridge so there shouldn't be any problem in switching consoles. As you said, as long as the time for both systems matches, no villagers should move out. Switching consoles is common especially since it's a type of game to be shared or in case someone upgrade their DS to XL, I think Nintendo would take care so it won't become a problem already.

The few ways to mess up your save file is to use a cheating device, have another save file data in the digital game, breaking your ds, etc. Switching consoles only becomes a problem when it comes to digital games (in this case, not a problem since it's physical)

The thing that also gets me is due to the fact that I've read people say they switched consoles and the next thing they saw was that they started up their game like usual, and then saw Rover looking at them on the train...and just like that their town and all their hardwork was gone. That's terrifying. T_T

I have tons of experience with it! :) I own 2 systems myself. If they are on the same exact time on the systems, and the town is on the same time as the system is its completely fine and nothing bad at all should happen. :)
The thing that also gets me is due to the fact that I've read people say they switched consoles and the next thing they saw was that they started up their game like usual, and then saw Rover looking at them on the train...and just like that their town and all their hardwork was gone. That's terrifying. T_T

That's never happened to me, so you should be fine. I don't know what happened to those people's towns~! :eek: That must really suck. I mean that's really confusing on how that happened because if you think about it. I know someone who put their cartridge through the washing machine and it worked just fine after words. (Some how. :D Miracle or something)

I have tons of experience with it! :) I own 2 systems myself. If they are on the same exact time on the systems, and the town is on the same time as the system is its completely fine and nothing bad at all should happen. :)

That's never happened to me, so you should be fine. I don't know what happened to those people's towns~! :eek: That must really suck. I mean that's really confusing on how that happened because if you think about it. I know someone who put their cartridge through the washing machine and it worked just fine after words. (Some how. :D Miracle or something)

Thanks, that's a little more encouraging! And what happens to all the best friends you lose, will they just come back when I switch back or would I have to readd everyone onto the best friend list?

Thanks, that's a little more encouraging! And what happens to all the best friends you lose, will they just come back when I switch back or would I have to readd everyone onto the best friend list?

Since they're saved on the cart, they should all be on the list and be un bothered! :) You shouldn't lose any at all. I never have anyway. :) (And I switch allll the time. ;) )

In today's fishing tourney I have five fish in my inventory, and I was soft resetting to get another jellyfish lamp with them. But I keep getting the same five items every single time I reset: Football fish lamp, squid chair, marine pop floor, dab table, and anemone bed. Are these the only items given at today's tourney?

In today's fishing tourney I have five fish in my inventory, and I was soft resetting to get another jellyfish lamp with them. But I keep getting the same five items every single time I reset: Football fish lamp, squid chair, marine pop floor, dab table, and anemone bed. Are these the only items given at today's tourney?

It's because for each Fishing Tourney, the game sets a group of items from the Fish Set for you. So you're either stuck with Group A of the Fish Set or Group B for the whole day, no matter how much you reset.

It's because for each Fishing Tourney, the game sets a group of items from the Fish Set for you. So you're either stuck with Group A of the Fish Set or Group B for the whole day, no matter how much you reset.

Are these item groups selected at random, or are there set groups?
I spent almost two hours soft resetting for a jellyfish lamp, and didn't get one. So disappointing. :(

Are these item groups selected at random, or are there set groups?
I spent almost two hours soft resetting for a jellyfish lamp, and didn't get one. So disappointing. :(

They're set groups.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here for more reference: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/fishing-tourney/

Back