• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hi :)
I'm getting into the game again, and I'm timetraveling day by day. I have a second town I freely tt in. It just has one of the smaller nook-shops, it's not a developed town.
My question is, what would you do every day in my main town as I travel up to today's date? :)
Currently I'm doing:
- getting furniture from happy home showcase
- buying fertiliser to get the golden shovel
- buying tree samplings to get the golden axe
- buying GracieGrace items
- of course controlling villagers moving

So, anything else you'd do in my situation? :)

Last edited:
Hi :)
I'm getting into the game again, and I'm timetraveling day by day. I have a second town I freely tt in. It just has one of the smaller nook-shops, it's not a developed town.
My question is, what would you do every day in my main town as I travel up to today's date? :)
Currently I'm doing:
- getting furniture from happy home showcase
- buying fertiliser to get the golden shovel
- buying tree samplings to get the golden axe
- buying GracieGrace items
- of course controlling villagers moving

So, anything else you'd do in my situation? :)

Breed as many hybrid flowers as possible :)

Hey I've been doing a TT method of getting rid of villagers, basically 2 days forward and then 2 days back until I got one villager to move that I wanted to leave. Now I'm at 8 villagers. Is this too few for anyone else to wanna move using this method or can I go down to 7 without problem? Anyone know?

Hey I've been doing a TT method of getting rid of villagers, basically 2 days forward and then 2 days back until I got one villager to move that I wanted to leave. Now I'm at 8 villagers. Is this too few for anyone else to wanna move using this method or can I go down to 7 without problem? Anyone know?

This is too few to get a villager to move out. You need at least 9 villagers to get one to move-out. Usually when you're at 8, you'd be expecting a random move in within the week.

I keep resetting to get Kid Cat in my town as my 9th random but I keep getting Uchis. I want another jock in my town. How do i get the Uchis to stop moving in.

I keep resetting to get Kid Cat in my town as my 9th random but I keep getting Uchis. I want another jock in my town. How do i get the Uchis to stop moving in.

It looks like your town lacks an Uchi villager and you can't stop this. When you get random move-ins, the game generates the personality that your town lacks and makes villagers of those personality move into your town. So you need to either:
1. Get rid of all your jock villagers and go villager resetting again
2. Campsite
3. Find someone who has Kid Cat up for adoption

This is too few to get a villager to move out. You need at least 9 villagers to get one to move-out. Usually when you're at 8, you'd be expecting a random move in within the week.

Ok thanks! Gonna get a move in then restart the method

Twiggy has brown things falling off of her like... fleas or something? I assume I need to do something about this? I have no idea what is jumping off of her though.

Last edited:
Twiggy has brown things falling off of her like... fleas or something? I assume I need to do something about this? I have no idea what is jumping off of her though.
Yepp, those are fleas! You need to sweep them off your villager with your bug net. :) They'll be very thankful, and you even get to keep the flea as a thank you gift! Hurray!

I went to someone else's town to pick up Nan, but she refuses to move in. She's in boxes, and I TT'd Jeremiah so he went from just having a house plot to moving in, but she still refuses to move. I only have 9 villagers

I went to someone else's town to pick up Nan, but she refuses to move in. She's in boxes, and I TT'd Jeremiah so he went from just having a house plot to moving in, but she still refuses to move. I only have 9 villagers

So Jeremiah is your 9th villager right?
I think you should TT Jeremiah to when he's fully settled down in your town already.

I think I remember having a similar problem like this before with a camper. A villager was moving-in but Twiggy refused to move-in even though I only had 9 villagers. But I can't be 100% sure on this.

If a villager replaces their table with another that is the same size, will it affect only the table or will it also affect any objects placed on it? In other words, do they change the table but keep stuff they had on their old one (like bugs and fish, and random decorative objects) or do they remove their decorations as well? I'm redecorating a villager's house and need to know this first.

Bit of a random one, how do you pronounce gyroid? with a soft g or hard g? :confused:

Is it possible that one of you is missing a 3DS update? It's weird that she can visit you but not the other way around, since I get a lot of errors but it tends to go both ways. Have you checked if there are any issues with your connections and maybe tried going somewhere where the wifi signal is stronger? Maybe you could try to look up the error code on Nintendo's site and see if there's a fix.

Thanks for taking the time to reply sweet! We're both fully updated on both DS and game data so that couldn't be it... had a look on the nintendo website and it seems like it's most likely she's got some kind of firewall in place on her internet router? have no idea how she'd go about taking it down tho ha :p

Bit of a random one, how do you pronounce gyroid? with a soft g or hard g? :confused:

Thanks for taking the time to reply sweet! We're both fully updated on both DS and game data so that couldn't be it... had a look on the nintendo website and it seems like it's most likely she's got some kind of firewall in place on her internet router? have no idea how she'd go about taking it down tho ha :p

Having a firewall on her router is normal. If the problem is related to that, I think Nintendo's guide doesn't recommend taking it down but adding her 3DS to the exceptions. I remember seeing a page on their site where you can pick your router's model and get instructions for it, you could try to find that. There was also another fix for some of the wifi errors that wasn't about changing your router's settings but changing your 3DS's, though I don't know if that applies to your friend's error code. Hopefully that helps. :)

I have no idea how to pronounce gyroid either so I just pronounce it either way. I think it might be gyroid with a hard g, though.

Hi all, don't know if I'm being dense or what but with regard streetpass --

I live in the UK and I bought a North American new 3ds when I was in America (and a NA Animal crossing). Now I'm streetpassing with this console and game, as well as my usual game/console. However my NA game is only getting about 1 streetpass when in the same instance my UK game is getting much more (like 6 today, none of which are on my NA game). My UK/NA games streetpass one another fine.

Sooo.. my question is.. why is my NA game not picking up the streetpasses that my UK game is ?

Sooo.. my question is.. why is my NA game not picking up the streetpasses that my UK game is ?

I don't think regions matter to StreetPasses, you should be able to get the same StreetPasses on either. Is your UK 3DS a New 3DS or a regular one? If it's a regular one, maybe you need to check the New 3DSes settings.

I have a question about the mermaid set, where do I obtain mermaid wall and flooring?

Hi all, don't know if I'm being dense or what but with regard streetpass --

I live in the UK and I bought a North American new 3ds when I was in America (and a NA Animal crossing). Now I'm streetpassing with this console and game, as well as my usual game/console. However my NA game is only getting about 1 streetpass when in the same instance my UK game is getting much more (like 6 today, none of which are on my NA game). My UK/NA games streetpass one another fine.

Adding to what Hypno KK suggested, do you happen to carry your American New 3DS in a case and your UK 3DS without a case? In my personal experience, when I'd have both my and my brother's 3DS in my bag (mine in a case, my brother's without) my brother would get a lot more streetpasses than me, even though they were in the same bag. So that led me to believe that the case mine was in kept it from making proper contact with others sometimes.

If a villager replaces their table with another that is the same size, will it affect only the table or will it also affect any objects placed on it? In other words, do they change the table but keep stuff they had on their old one (like bugs and fish, and random decorative objects) or do they remove their decorations as well? I'm redecorating a villager's house and need to know this first.

Only the table, in my experience.

Back