• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

what does it mean when i have a note on a tree stump?

It does not do anything besides not being a regular tree stump as far as i know...

Also someone said that it could spawn rare mushrooms but i never expirienced that actually.

It does not do anything besides not being a regular tree stump as far as i know...

Also someone said that it could spawn rare mushrooms but i never expirienced that actually.

It does cause rare mushrooms to spawn.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how the Villager selling/trading process works? I want to know how you do it so I don't mess anything up should I look into doing this. Thanks!

What's the best way to pay or be payed millions of igb for a villager at the end of an auction? Dropping it all on the ground just doesn't seem ideal to me.

Last edited:
What's the best way to pay or be payed millions of igb for a villager at the end of an auction? Dropping it all on the ground just doesn't seem ideal to me.

There's the Retail method where they (if you're the one being paid) go to Retail in your town. Set the prices of all items in Retail to its maximum price and they should buy it. Then they should drop the bought item on the ground outside so you can put it back and re-sell. Rinse and repeat until they paid it all off. The next day, all your money will appear in your abd.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can someone explain how the Villager selling/trading process works? I want to know how you do it so I don't mess anything up should I look into doing this. Thanks!

1. The villager needs to be in boxes to be adopted
2. Open up your gates for whoever's gonna adopt your villager (make sure as well they have space in their town)
3. Lead them to the villager's house and let them talk to the villager. Eventually the villager will ask where they should move and the player will suggest their's and the villager will agree.
4. Just to make sure, ask a confirmation from the player/adopter if they successfully adopted the villager
5. That's pretty much it. When you end the session and go back to the adopted villager's house, there's going to be a sign that says "Moved out" on their door

**Sidenote: Most hosts make sure the adopter pays first before leading them to the villager to avoid being scammed and such just for the sake of throwing it out there

There's the Retail method where they (if you're the one being paid) go to Retail in your town. Set the prices of all items in Retail to its maximum price and they should buy it. Then they should drop the bought item on the ground outside so you can put it back and re-sell. Rinse and repeat until they paid it all off. The next day, all your money will appear in your abd.

Thank you!

Question: When you invite a villager from another town, are they guaranteed to place down their house plot the following day in your town? Or does it take a random amount of days being 1~3 days, etc?

I have 2 questions. the second not being entirely related to New Leaf, but I think asking here is the best thing to do, as I wouldn't know where to put a thread if I made one.

1. when people visit my town via the dream suite, does my character appear wearing their current outfit, or is it the outfit they're wearing when I updated it?

2. does anyone know of anything that can be accessed and used via the 3DS browser to get my images off the SD card? I used gmail to e-mail them to my Yahoo e-mail, but there's been a big problem accessing it for quite some time now and I'm bummed because I haven't been able to post anything on my New Leaf blog because of it.

Question: When you invite a villager from another town, are they guaranteed to place down their house plot the following day in your town? Or does it take a random amount of days being 1~3 days, etc?

In my experience, the village from other towns moved in the next day.. when I invited someone from a campsite they moved in on 2nd day.. Do you use plot reset (making new character) method? Just make a new character & check the next following day just to be sure, or wait for someone else to respond to confirm it xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have 2 questions. the second not being entirely related to New Leaf, but I think asking here is the best thing to do, as I wouldn't know where to put a thread if I made one.

1. when people visit my town via the dream suite, does my character appear wearing their current outfit, or is it the outfit they're wearing when I updated it?

2. does anyone know of anything that can be accessed and used via the 3DS browser to get my images off the SD card? I used gmail to e-mail them to my Yahoo e-mail, but there's been a big problem accessing it for quite some time now and I'm bummed because I haven't been able to post anything on my New Leaf blog because of it.

Not sure about the second question, but for the first question, your character will be wearing the outfit that they wore when you were updating, I'm pretty sure.. cuz Luna saves the game and tells you that she's turning your town data in to a dream >.<

Do you have a computer? Just take the SD card and plop it in there. That's what I did.

Q:I just paid off a PWP and there's I'm thinking of inviting a campsite villager to my town(yes, same day in game).
Do I have to worry about her moving onto my pwp's space?

Q:I just paid off a PWP and there's I'm thinking of inviting a campsite villager to my town(yes, same day in game).

Nope. Villager plots can't override a PWP plot even while its being built or collect funds. They may however decide to plop down close to it and ruin your day by getting in the way of your plans.

Invited villagers will appear the day after you invite them. Campsite villagers usually take a day or two.

No. Villagers can't move in over PWP's, even if it is still under construction.

Invited villagers will appear the day after you invite them. Campsite villagers usually take a day or two.

Thanks! I wanted to confirm if invited Villagers from other towns move in the following day. By the way, do they select their house spot at 6AM or another time?

Thanks! I wanted to confirm if invited Villagers from other towns move in the following day. By the way, do they select their house spot at 6AM or another time?

New day starts at 6 AM, so any time after 6 a.m. the plot will appear.. are you going to plot reset? if you are, wish you luck! xD

New day starts at 6 AM, so any time after 6 a.m. the plot will appear.. are you going to plot reset? if you are, wish you luck! xD

Yeah, I have plans to do plot resetting when it comes to my dreamies, but its mostly to keep them away from my 'front yard', so to speak. Really irks me when they plot their house in front of my house so I wanna avoid that, especially with my dreamies.

So I'm guessing I start doing the plot reset trick after 6AM then. Alright.. thanks!

Back