At a Crosswords [Solutions Posted]

Is there a way to do control+f on the phone? I thankfully knew I was looking for Saharah, so that made it easier to find. (I noticed some of the labels were just abbreviations of animals, so I was looking for something like camel and it ended up being “cml”.) But my life would be so much easier if I were more tech savvy and knew/memorized these shortcuts.
I also found the cheat sheet on Reddit as well. I only ever use my phone, so if you have an iPhone, this might help. Click the address bar, type the word or phrase (but do not press enter). Scroll to the button where it says “find.”
4C8A52EF-A85A-4576-B5E3-13C468F1C2D0.jpeg

wow yeah glad i started with 2 even if i had to guess a lot aha...

1 was defo way easier, probs because i still remember some from the older games..which was also more enjoyable and more stuff to remember.

thanks for a fun even though, Mistreil!

I also found the cheat sheet on Reddit as well. I only ever use my phone, so if you have an iPhone, this might help. Click the address bar, type the word or phrase (but do not press enter). Scroll to the button where it says “find.”
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’ll try this next time to save time!

For 5A, I actually went on a crossword website help to look for the answer. The word was 8 letters long with an O and a P in the right area. One of the answers was LOLLIPOP and then I went: HANG ON A SECOND! IS IT YOU, JACK?! IS IT?

Then went on a Youtube video to watch dialogue from Jack to see if he said it and it was indeed lollipop.

That’s basically how I figured out 5A as well. Once I saw the word via a crossword website it jogged my memory that you give lollipops to Jack.

Hello, does anyone know who said 1Down from Round 2?
I guessed the letter but it`s the only one I didn`t get c:

Thanks for the fun event! <3

My deep dark secret is I didn't initially realize crossword 1 was animal crossing themed so for 1D I put Gordy. Not only was it not about the new collectible but it also wasn't even spelled right. 💀

Thank you to Mistreil for confirming it was animal crossing themed and thus forcing me to reconsider Gordy before I spent that hour bruteforcing 5A.

I was able to confirm pretty much all the quotes via Google image search thankfully! The reddit game script would have been super helpful though:) Nice to have for the future!

For a while I had "apprentice" as the answer for 7A, when the code didn't work I went through all of my answers and found them in game or in videos or images online and finally figured out my mistake. Took me a bit because it still works with "spirit" so I thought I was right on that one.

Wow, this one was a doozy to do. I had to open my game and (gasp...) actually play a little bit to find some of the dialogue that google searching wouldn't show.

Thanks for those dialogue resources! I thought I was searching the best I could but I see a couple more words I can toss into my search next time for better results.

Hello, does anyone know who said 1Down from Round 2?
I guessed the letter but it`s the only one I didn`t get c:

Thanks for the fun event! <3

Round 2's 1-Down is spoken by Leif during his first visit.

It's definitely one of the most difficult ones since it's only spoken once very early on in the game, and unlike the other clues, the dialog doesn't really have anything to indicate that it's Leif specifically. I only found that answer definitely thanks to the dialog datamine.

Round 2's 1-Down is spoken by Leif during his first visit.

It's definitely one of the most difficult ones since it's only spoken once very early on in the game, and unlike the other clues, the dialog doesn't really have anything to indicate that it's Leif specifically. I only found that answer definitely thanks to the dialog datamine.
Yeah that´s surely difficult to remember, thank you for anwering! <3

Hey @Mistreil while we’re waiting for all of this to finish up, do you want to give us another puzzle/brain teaser to solve? It doesn’t have to be for points, just for fun!!!!

THANK YOU! I didn’t even know that my phone could do that with a search function in it!

Everyone struggling on Round 1's 2D and 5A
Me who figures round 1 out instantly
crosswords_1_small.png
wendy-wendy-shon (1).gif

Everyone finding out round 2 instantly
me who can't figure out what the heck round two's answers are
the-meme-comes-from-a-brazilian-.jpg

Round 2 messed me up because I put "Kicks" for the "my good pal" clue (I had no idea and just put in a male NPC with five letters in their name). Since the "i" was in the right place, I wasn't able to figure out 3A and just ended up guessing the letter B. In the end it didn't really matter because I got my currency, but I certainly felt silly when I was told the real answers. 🙈

I got all the answers to Round 1 pretty easily except for 2D. I thought it was referencing something you have to collect in the fall. I settled on Autumn DIYs. When that didn't work, I thought Autumn had to be right so I was ready to brute force it. Much to my surprise, as soon as I started with A it worked. That's when I thought maybe it was Autumn Leaf, but apparently that was just a coincidence.

Round 2 was such a struggle. I straight up guessed 4A and 8A after I couldn't find the answers anywhere. Luckily my first guesses were right. 1D was driving me crazy, though. I couldn't find it anywhere. I knew there were limited shopkeepers, but it never even occurred to me to separate Timmy and Tommy. I finally got the code because I figured the second letter had a high probability of being a vowel, so I was able to brute force it on the 3rd try.

That was a lot of fun, though. I love any type of word game so crosswords are great. Thanks for hosting, Mistreil!

On the second one I had apprentice and apologies on 7 and 8 across for the longest time, then it suddenly hit me 😂

Back