• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Attention Aussies and Kiwis who want the bundle!

pigeonqueen

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
The Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS XL Bundle has been listed for sale by UK website; 365games.co.uk .
It's also been listed on the Australian and New Zealand versions of their site, Ozgameshop and Nzgameshop.

Prices and links are as follows:

Ozgameshop.com: $314.99 AUD http://www.ozgameshop.com/3ds-conso...xl-console-with-animal-crossing-new-leaf-game
Nzgameshop.com: $369.99 NZD http://www.nzgameshop.com/3ds-conso...xl-console-with-animal-crossing-new-leaf-game
365games.co.uk: ?214.99 GBP http://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-conso...xl-console-with-animal-crossing-new-leaf-game

It looks like Australasia won't be getting the bundle, hope this info helps others who want it as much as I do!

wow! those are high prices due to imports

... Didn't Australia get confirmation before EU and NA? I swear it was on ign 3/4 days before the Nintendo Direct.

EDIT: Also, it might be cheaper to import via GAME's website or Amazon. - both of which have it listed as ?189~ and hopefully won't be more than ?25 to ship overseas.

Well for New Zealand, that's what we have to pay. A 3ds console by itself goes for $300 to $330 NZD. Ebgames have the Mariokart 7 console bundle for $370 right now. And games are very expensive too. New Leaf will be at least $84 when it releases here.

Even if I imported and paid no more than ?200 for bundle and shipping, that's still $360 NZD.

There's nothing about the console bundle in the Nintendo Australia website, and all the game stores I've contacted know nothing about it.

Even if I imported and paid no more than ?200 for bundle and shipping, that's still $360 NZD.

There's nothing about the console bundle in the Nintendo Australia website, and all the game stores I've contacted know nothing about it.

Ohkay, I didn't realise the currency rates were quite that steep. o:

I can't remember where I saw it now, -apparently not on IGN's main page. But I was considering importing from Australia to get it if it wasn't going to be announced here before mid-may.

Though Games stores are generally slower on the uptake, unless you happen to find a staff member who also wants what you want.

I would love to support an Aussie game site (even if they are really just a face for a UK web shop or whatever) but I got tired of waiting for them to put something up and ordered one from UK Game.... oh well! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your suggestions anyway :) There's still a chance it could get an official release here, but I doubt it. When I watched the Nintendo Direct, there was a note to remind Australian and NZ viewers that the information was only specific to Europe. We get their Nintendo Direct videos.

Well my History informs me that I got this from LinandKo's 50th aniversary vid on youtube. But firefox crashes whenever it tries to load that far into the comments from history and I can't be bothered to click +10 more comments for the rest of the night. xP So maybe it wasn't a viable source. But I hope you manage to get your hands on the bundle somehow.

Atleast you come under NOE, so ordering from here should put you under the same region lock as Europe. Just might take some time to be delivered.

Thanks for the tip. I might check out LinandKo's vid and see if I can find anything.

Yeah I placed an order with nzgameshop.com. I've ordered from them before, it will probably be a 10 day wait for it to be delivered. I think I can live with that lol.

Does anyone know if the Australia/New Zealand localized version will have the correct seasons for us? ie Summer in December, Winter in June

I might get it from ozgameshop thanks for the link. I have bought from them before but didn't think to see if they were selling this.. :)

I have emailed both NOE and EB games Australia, both said there was no announcement of the bundle in stores. So it doesn't look like you'll be able to buy it at the shops.

I would recommend pre ordering it from Amazon UK, they ship to Australia (and I'd say they ship to NZ as well) and shipping is under $10 so although you might be spending a tad more than a retail price for an XL, if you really want the bundle it's a small price to pay.

(And yes, the UK 3ds XL is the same region as AU/NZ 3ds XLs, so system transfers and Australian retail games will work fine on them :))

Thank you! I've been checking online, and emailed mightyape when I was super excited. Now I can preorder this week (registered to say thanks :p )

I have a question now actually, the one on nzgameshop isn't bundled with an adapter? I read that's normal for the European consoles but I can't seem to find anywhere in nz that sells it on it's own, what will everyone be doing for that? I think plugs are different for other countries so I'd prefer to buy local

I have a question now actually, the one on nzgameshop isn't bundled with an adapter? I read that's normal for the European consoles but I can't seem to find anywhere in nz that sells it on it's own, what will everyone be doing for that? I think plugs are different for other countries so I'd prefer to buy local

the EU consoles don't come with a charger.

If you have a regular 3DS the charger for that will work - if not just buy a charger online

yeah i bought a charger that hooked into my PC when i bought the Japanese version but a couple a weeks ago i bought a aussie 3DS xl and i just use that charger for my Japanese one now.. :)

Ive preordered mine from Game already too. We wont get the bonus even though we preordered it will we? I haven't ordered with them before.

yeah i bought a charger that hooked into my PC when i bought the Japanese version but a couple a weeks ago i bought a aussie 3DS xl and i just use that charger for my Japanese one now.. :)

That sounds great in the mean time, I just looked them up on trademe and they're only a few dollars. Thanks for the help! :) I'm so excited!

Ive preordered mine from Game already too. We wont get the bonus even though we preordered it will we? I haven't ordered with them before.

I don't think so sadly. The website has in tiny print that almost killed my eyes "UK Only". So that would suggest that the bonus ships only to UK addresses, but you never know, if they have a huge number of extra figures you may get lucky! In the shop I used to work in, we'd get huge numbers of pre-order bonuses even if we only had 2 or 3 preorders on the books. All staff members used to get all the bonuses even if they weren't getting the game. I have Assassin's Creed, Batman things, Gears of War, Modern Warfare stuff just because so much came in.

Back