• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ATTENTION! If you want a physical copy it may be best to preorder now!

PapaNer

Fitzpleasure
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
This is somewhat unofficial and could only be the case outside of major cities, but after reading a situation regarding not having a copy available lead me to consult a store manager I know at my local GameStop. He told me that Nintendo was indeed only releasing to them what they had claimed in preorders, and not more.

This means that by not preordering, you can download or wait or hopefully find an overstocked store. I am unaware of the case with any other store selling the game out there, but by getting an email from Nintendo directly seems a bit odd, and it makes me believe that they are doing this with most stores.

Iwata has also stated if Nintendo doesn't earn a certain amount this year he is stepping down, and they do make much more money on the digital games.

This is more or less a PSA for those wanting a physical copy and don't like to preorder. I'd hate for anyone to miss out!

I hope my local Wal-Mart has started pre-orders now!

EDIT: I know you got it from your manager, but would there be a more official source?

I hope my local Wal-Mart has started pre-orders now!

EDIT: I know you got it from your manager, but would there be a more official source?

I have no idea. Google turned up nothing. This is an actual marketing strategy when a product has physical and digital versions. Leave no extras so those who want it will go to digital rather than wait.

No matter what if you want a physical copy I would suggest to pre-order. Even if it is all bullcrap and they are fully stocked and loaded. Better to be on the safe side.

No matter what if you want a physical copy I would suggest to pre-order. Even if it is all bullcrap and they are fully stocked and loaded. Better to be on the safe side.

I agree with Bambi. Better to be safe than sorry!

Good thing I pre-ordered back in March. :p

I hate it when companies try to force people to do the digital crud. Ticks me off. :p

If this is true, I can see where nintendo are coming from in a financial way (less cost to them for a digital sale) but at the same time, this is a fantastic way to irritate customers/slow down sales..? Just my opinion haha :)

I haven't pre-ordered yet but I'm thinking of doing it now. Is this only Nintendo of America or is it for all regions?

Anyone know if it's possible to pre-order from Target with Gift Cards?
LM:DM was still in stock though, so I might just take my chances, another week of waiting wouldn't hurt anyway(Yes it will)

I've had my copy pre-ordered since Feburary when I preordered Heart of the Swarm. So I'll need to get my five dollars back when I pick up my copy next month, since I placed my pre-order before the price cut. I always pre-order games I direly want, just to be on the safe side.

Anyone know if it's possible to pre-order from Target with Gift Cards?
LM:DM was still in stock though, so I might just take my chances, another week of waiting wouldn't hurt anyway(Yes it will)

I'm 99% sure that Target allows you to pre-order with gift cards so I would go ahead and do that! Since I'm getting the bundle I pre-ordered already! (SO EXCITED!!!)

As I stated previously, exactly why I pre-ordered and paid in full last month after the mess with Luigi's Mansion 2. I went looking for the game a month after it was released and ended up purchasing used, because it was so hard to find. I keep my receipt in my carrying case and will be bringing it with me to Gamestop when I pick up the game so there's no confusion or mess.

Thank goodness I pre ordered mine last week <3
I can't wait...I wish it was June 9th already *_*!

I pre-ordered on Boxing day so im getting my copy~ So excited for it!!

I wasn't going to pre-order but decided to anyway last month. I was wondering about how many copies the stores would get and decided it would be best to pre-order just in case the stores here do not get that many copies.

Back