• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ATTENTION! If you want a physical copy it may be best to preorder now!

I preordered back in November and I look forward to getting my copy.

I guess not shipping excess physical copies will also drive up hype and reflect better on them when everywhere declares they're out of stock on the first day. A sneaky way to get the game a bit of extra promotion.

I'm glad I've already pre-ordered anyway. If I had to wait any longer beyond the release date I'd likely end up in the news on the 15th for attacking store workers with a bug net.

I guess not shipping excess physical copies will also drive up hype and reflect better on them when everywhere declares they're out of stock on the first day. A sneaky way to get the game a bit of extra promotion.

I'm glad I've already pre-ordered anyway. If I had to wait any longer beyond the release date I'd likely end up in the news on the 15th for attacking store workers with a bug net.

Okay, that last titbit made me laugh.

In all seriousness, I haven't seen any commercials for NL on TV yet, well at least around here anyway.

Im safe buying digital, but thanks for the PSA anyways! Although I can't imagine someone posting here and not having a copy pre ordered if they were going physical!

On another note I hope Iwata steps down either way. That man has long since lost touch with what people want from gaming hardware today. If he wanted more people to buy digital games he would be pushing for an account-associated eShop system ASAP.

Im safe buying digital, but thanks for the PSA anyways! Although I can't imagine someone posting here and not having a copy pre ordered if they were going physical!

On another note I hope Iwata steps down either way. That man has long since lost touch with what people want from gaming hardware today. If he wanted more people to buy digital games he would be pushing for an account-associated eShop system ASAP.

The reason I initially posted is because a good few people have talked about how they never pre-ordered games, but this one is a bit different what with the game cart.

Your opinions on Iwata, however, I disagree with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start any heated arguments, but do you mind elaborating? Cause from what I've seen/read, he has really gone through great strides with Nintendo. He's somewhat the reason I always back Nintendo.

Yeah, I'm definitely glad I have the preorder from Gamestop. They are pretty much my only reliable option to pick up in-store on release day. I'd been wondering if stock was going to be limited after Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion, so it's good that your buddy confirmed Gamestop's stock avialability.

As for Iwata, I don't follow his career that closely, but I was happy that he's encouraging 3rd-party developers to release their games outside of Japan, and trying to make that easier for them. I know the WiiU hasn't been a huge success, but I hope it doesn't sink Iwata right now. It seems like whenever a new boss comes along, they always want to shake things up. Could be better, could be worse, I guess.

I don't know why people are always surprised with the low stock approach, it's hardly new. They've been doing it for ages, they NEVER stock too many of an anticipated game. Builds hype when crazed fans and parents have to run to 15 different stores to find the game and such. There really isn't any sense in not pre-ordering. If you're worried about them scamming you, keep your receipt and only put down 5$. Simple.

The reason I initially posted is because a good few people have talked about how they never pre-ordered games, but this one is a bit different what with the game cart.
Those people are nuts! Who would roll the dice on something as serious as Animal Crossing?

Your opinions on Iwata, however, I disagree with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start any heated arguments, but do you mind elaborating? Cause from what I've seen/read, he has really gone through great strides with Nintendo. He's somewhat the reason I always back Nintendo.

I think the Wii U in and of itself shows how out-of-touch Iwata and Nintendo is with the gaming market. Sure he's a genius when it comes to software, but everything on the hardware and internet services side of things every other company does better. I mean, this is the guy who said that online gaming was a dying fad back in 2004 and now he's the CEO of Nintendo.

To be honest, if you want the game on day one, you may as well pre-order. There's nothing negative to doing so. In fact, the only reason to NOT pre-order is if you don't plan on buying it right away. Generally, the only reason I don't buy games right away is when I am being cheap and want to wait for a price drop. But Nintendo almost never drops prices of their games. If you want it and have the money right away, you may as well get it right away, and you may as well guarantee your copy with a pre-order.

Those people are nuts! Who would roll the dice on something as serious as Animal Crossing?

I think the Wii U in and of itself shows how out-of-touch Iwata and Nintendo is with the gaming market. Sure he's a genius when it comes to software, but everything on the hardware and internet services side of things every other company does better. I mean, this is the guy who said that online gaming was a dying fad back in 2004 and now he's the CEO of Nintendo.

First part: YEAH THEY NUTS!

Second part: Nintendo's biggest staple in the gaming industry is family. It's somewhat wonderful, but it also has a lot of drawbacks when it comes to releasing consoles. The WiiU is their first HD console, and I will agree with you, it isn't doing as well as I assumed they had hoped, but nowadays mostly none of their systems do at launch.

And I remember hearing about the online gaming being a fad thing, but that's why they started the MiiVerse, as well as the online capabilities on the 3DS and such.

But I like where he is taking the company. I hope he stays in. ALSO, I'm glad you weren't just gunning at him for the sake of it. Your opinions are pretty understandable.

I didn't pre-order -- mostly because I want to get mine from Target at 8 a.m. Gamestop opening at like 11 or 12 on Sundays ruins my entire plans.

Is there a way to pre-order from the Target stores? Because I would totally do that.

If I don't get a physical version of it from the 2 Targets or 2 wal-marts near me, I'll just get the digital. Hrm. Wal-mart -- I bet I can go there even earlier! What does Wal-Mart do for the nintendo Sunday releases? Are they available at midnight?

I already pre-ordered from Gamestop.
Does anyone know if there will be a midnight release?
Should I just try to get there as soon as they open?

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon soooo I think I'm safe? I better be safe.

Blood will be spilled if I am not safe. >:D

I've already pre-ordered from Amazon.com, am I safe?!

I already pre-ordered from Gamestop.
Does anyone know if there will be a midnight release?
Should I just try to get there as soon as they open?

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon soooo I think I'm safe? I better be safe.

Blood will be spilled if I am not safe. >:D

You can contact the GameStop you ordered at and see if they are doing a midnight release.

Amazon is a medium I've never used for my game needs when it comes to preordering. you should check and see if they have a street date guarantee or something. BUT amazon does pretty well with . If you preordered, then they should have a copy for you!

I initially pre-ordered from Amazon but canceled it because the game comes out on a Sunday, so I'd be getting it on Tuesday at the earliest. I instead pre-ordered on the GameStop site and chose in-store pick up, which is a little different from going to the store to make the pre-order since I haven't paid anything to reserve the copy. If anything goes wrong, I can always download it. I hate the way Nintendo handles digital content, but AC is the perfect game to always have available on the system.

Back