Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

My main wants before we hit night again are a few more details from Emolga and Equity on their abilities so we can coordinate better going into tonight if that's possible. I'm useless unless I get my ability back from shell (which I'm kinda doubting). I'm a little nervous about rosetti and Emolga, but that's largely because it does not bode well for us if either of them are squirtles. The primary remaining evidence surrounding them is that rosetti is in conflict with mistreil, so one of them is likely not telling the complete truth, and I'm inclined to believe Mistreil. (there's also the bit about rosie saying that shellbell charged them the first night maybe? but I can confirm that shellbell's action (whatever it was) had *no effect* on anyone; and then for Emolga it's the wishy-washy ness with their ability (not needing a recharge one moment, then needing a recharge the next, then being a multi-function, difficult-to-comprehend ability that we can't know about despite what's already been revealed).
Post automatically merged:

whoops nvm, I *can't* confirm shellbell's ability had no effect night one, only that it was used

2 deaths like, we vote out an innocent, and the squirtle squad bubble beams an innocent (so 2 out in one night).

it's majority vote ye, but we need to save the majority for either Tessa or no elimination or whatever new discoveries are made. If we disperse our votes too early, it'll be hard to counter what's already been put in early.

I'm honestly quite scared of the scenario where rosetti is a squirtle and they stole Mistreil's star. A mafia with a star playing off as a townie pretty well is vv dangerous, but at the same time we don't have much evidence against them other than the fact that making mistreil sleepwalk seems unlikely, and I'm inclined to trust Mistreil.
Yes I get that, but also there are only 2 votes in so far which are for mistreil which is set for elimination currently by rosie and tessagrace and I doubt they would be willing to change a. rosie is sleeping b. tessagrace kinda inactive?? also would be voting for herself otherwise

So far our only suspects are mistreil, tessa, and from your post maybe rosie?? I would like if tessa could say more and voting is what gets people to do that.

I don't think we should no vote- we've already done it 2 days in a row and I'll be honest it's kind of unheard of for no vote for 3 days in a row. We need to uncover and learn more at this point or else mafia is just going to keep picking us off one by one which will drag on for a while, otherwise we will just have to get lucky with detective abilities waiting each night. By voting off a person it helps that we can also analyze old posts by people on their suspicions and interactions with others.

I will be up at 12am est if I need to change my vote so you don't have to worry about me

it also doesn't help that there's a potential ability that can swap people's night action roles ?? dunno if I worded that right

but that makes it even WORSE to base everything off of night actions

also the only thing tessa said is that they have an ability, but it doesn't get info from anything and that's all I got really

Rosie can you confirm that in your nightly messages the first night, you were told that you were "charged"? in like a clear-cut/explicit way?
Shellbell can you confirm that you charged rosie on night 1?
You alluded to charging me on night 2, but I was not charged, so it was either blocked or you charged someone else/did not use it.
Can anyone say that they saw they were "charged" in the same fashion Rosie saw on night 1? (once Rosie lets us know how they know they were the person affected that night)

My main wants before we hit night again are a few more details from Emolga and Equity on their abilities so we can coordinate better going into tonight if that's possible. Emolga it's the wishy-washy ness with their ability (not needing a recharge one moment, then needing a recharge the next,
Like I've said before, the not needing a recharge part was an error on my part. It depends on what you wanna know, so if there's any specific questions or things you'd like to know about my weapon I'd (most likely, once again I don't wanna fully share) be happy to answer :3

Put in my vote for tessa, hoping she has something to say. I'm just not comfortable voting for mistreil because of how confusing this all is and I don't want to no vote either

I might join you depending on what her response is, we haven't let her respond so I think it would be unfair for me to vote her without hearing her out

people are talking so much i'm having trouble keeping up. but right now i want to unconfuse 1 thing: yes my ability is mario kart themed. it is called the item box (i feel like revealing this is fine since shawo only said to not say my character's name) also bungo posted a picture of an item box - which is my ability. What it does is, well i give you an item... if you've used your item/ability = recharge. if you haven't got an item/ability = you get one. if neither of those condition are met ie. you're already holding an item/ability = nothing happens, no notifications will be given. I do not know anything about if it'll work or not and I can use it every night.
night 1 i used it on rosetti. night 2 i used it on emolga instead of kiko because i was trying to see if the day after kiko'll tell the truth or lie about someone else being "safe". sorry kiko, i trust you now 100%. i thought we had more time but things seem to be moving p fast, so i wish i had used it on you T_T

As for the mistreil/tessa who to eliminate, i did find it a little weird how hard tessa was going for voting someone to eliminate each day, and then had almost no other input. still waiting to see what she says...
and rosie presented pretty hard evidence against mistreil... even though mistreil's presentation did make sense. man i don't know. this is definitely not a baby game

Like I've said before, the not needing a recharge part was an error on my part. It depends on what you wanna know, so if there's any specific questions or things you'd like to know about my weapon I'd (most likely, once again I don't wanna fully share) be happy to answer :3

ShellBell's power makes a lot of sense. I guess, was there any indication that you were the one who received the box this night? You alluded to having a power night 1 that could benefit from being charged. Rosie seemed to know that they were powered up by shellbell on night 1. I was pretty open about not being the one who was charged this most recent night, but no one came forward in my place. Rosie and ShellBell corroborating means that you'd know if you were 'given' the box, so it makes the most sense that you would've known if you were powered up. In that case, why not come forward?

Bungo also received a box tonight, so maybe you can happen upon boxes randomly while racing? What was your message like when you received your box Bungo?

I guess actually, shellbell already answered my question. you get no notification if you're already holding a power

Re: the Q to Emolga^ I'm still curious what your message was like Bungo (not sus of you, just wondering if there's a clear randomness about how you got yours)

Last edited:
while we're on the no info given train i would also like to say i'm a little sus of equity because all they've done is scrounge up a bunch of other people's posts and behaviors for analytics while revealing literally nothing about themselves. maybe equity has a good reason but i can't think of any

ShellBell's power makes a lot of sense. I guess, was there any indication that you were the one who received the box this night? You alluded to having a power night 1 that could benefit from being charged. Rosie seemed to know that they were powered up by shellbell on night 1. I was pretty open about not being the one who was charged this most recent night, but no one came forward in my place. Rosie and ShellBell corroborating means that you'd know if you were 'given' the box, so it makes the most sense that you would've known if you were powered up. In that case, why not come forward?

Bungo also received a box tonight, so maybe you can happen upon boxes randomly while racing? What was your message like when you received your box Bungo?

I guess actually, shellbell already answered my question. you get no notification if you're already holding a power

Re: the Q to Emolga^ I'm still curious what your message was like Bungo (not sus of you, just wondering if there's a clear randomness about how you got yours)
rosie was adamant on day 2 that nothing happened, could be that it literally did nothing so she wouldn't have known/would have gotten no notification. if emolga is telling the truth about their ability, they wouldn't have gotten a notification either as they didn't use up theirs last night.

The people I'd most want to hear from are Equity and Tessa yeah

Emolga's mystery power also intrigues me, because it seems to be single use and would likely be fairly strong, but doesn't provide information maybe? If we can plan around using that ability, we can likely make some moves, but I don't know enough about when would be a good time to use it. The main thing is, I think we should create opportunities to use our abilities vs continuing to wait, and actions that lean into the waiting game benefit the squirtle squad primarily

We also don't know what Bungo received from the box, so have 2 pseudo unknown power-ups we can plan around
(but it seems more and more likely that the mafia got a hold of Mistreil's star in the case they're telling the truth)

then again, they might not be, shellbell's comments lead me to beleive rosie pretty well

An aside: I find it hilarious that the baby mafia has been dominating the basement :p

Last edited:

Yeah shellbell did answer your question, and abt the waiting thing: I don't actually wanna strike now because I only wanna use it when we need it (Unless... If I get killed before that but anyways.) While shellbell can charge, I don't wanna use it just in case if we lose her prior to when I need recharge

people are talking so much i'm having trouble keeping up. but right now i want to unconfuse 1 thing: yes my ability is mario kart themed. it is called the item box (i feel like revealing this is fine since shawo only said to not say my character's name) also bungo posted a picture of an item box - which is my ability. What it does is, well i give you an item... if you've used your item/ability = recharge. if you haven't got an item/ability = you get one. if neither of those condition are met ie. you're already holding an item/ability = nothing happens, no notifications will be given. I do not know anything about if it'll work or not and I can use it every night.
night 1 i used it on rosetti. night 2 i used it on emolga instead of kiko because i was trying to see if the day after kiko'll tell the truth or lie about someone else being "safe". sorry kiko, i trust you now 100%. i thought we had more time but things seem to be moving p fast, so i wish i had used it on you T_T

As for the mistreil/tessa who to eliminate, i did find it a little weird how hard tessa was going for voting someone to eliminate each day, and then had almost no other input. still waiting to see what she says...
and rosie presented pretty hard evidence against mistreil... even though mistreil's presentation did make sense. man i don't know. this is definitely not a baby game
Ok now I can see why you were confused LOL

I said it earlier but in my role pm I was told I would get my item later in the game from the item box at a certain round which was this one, then as this day started I got another pm telling me what I got from the item box

again, I did not get the star as my item is non mario kart related!

The pms didn't state anything about other boxes so I'm not sure if this is my only one or if I will get more later

OH yes sorry i totally missed that

since im only allowed to paraphrase it was that i could pick a night where i use it, and on that night im immune to being killed, and on the day that follows, im immune to eliminations (so if a vote were to happen on me, i wouldnt be eliminated).

it was a single use ability (so it could be recharged by shell i think? but then they'd probably kill shell after)

for what the squirtle squad might use it, i'd think they'd pop it when they're close to victory -> get people to be very sus on them on that day and vote them after they use it -> they're still alive instead of being eliminated and then they get to win
That's alright, thank you for the clarifications! That ability (being immune to both a kill AND a next-day vote) seems pretty OP to me @Mistreil. So using that ability wouldn't lead to any collateral damage afterwards?

what's up gamers, today i'm going to be ranking the mafia participants in my sus tier list (with s-tier being the squirtle squad tier)

for this list, i'll be going in the order of participants listed on the first page
so first off is me: mistreil

so mistreil is obviously very cool and has the highest stat for memeing. that's not entirely helpful for mafia, but it is good for survivability.

a few points for suspiciousness:
  • they were accused of being part of the squirtle squad for visiting the deceased Kilza, but said their item doesn't let them visit.
  • they also claim their item was stolen afterwards, which is, of course, suspicious.
  • they're accused of not contributing, which is a lie because they contributed in a summary and their kikobell chart. they just don't go in on speculation because that's not their playstyle (tbt mafia is vastly different from the mafia im used to ngl -- i looked at some of the other threads and. yall aggressive.)
given the amount of suspicion on me, though, i will place myself in tier A

unknown.png

pictured: rosetti sussing me

next is kattea, who claims to have the ability to check who living people visit.
they've been fairly free of accusations and revealed their ability early to avoid suspicion (having visited karma on night 2, when they died)

i'm putting them in C tier because they Cm (seem) innocent enough, and that sounds like a townie role

they also offered us rainbow grilled cheese sandwiches which i accept

unknown.png

this is the only joke i could think of i dont actually think kattea killed anyone

afterwards is kilza
they are in D tier because they are Dead and thus probably not part of the squirtle squad.
unknown.png

next is shellbell -- who i have dubbed durashell
they gave their ability very early on. it's useful to both the squirtle squad and to townies, so there's no real reason to get rid of them

they used their ability on emolga on night 2 instead of kiko to check if kiko was safe or not, which makes sense. unless they're lying about their ability overall but that doesn't seem too likely.

thus shellbell is in C-tier

unknown.png

and then there's kikotoot:
  • karma was suspicious of them on day 2, and i honestly have no idea what their ability is. it's very confusing, but i understand them wanting to confuse the squirtle squad.
  • but also they used a one-time use ability on night 1 which is an interesting choice (viable especially since shellbell's around, but just not something i tend to do)
  • before their main claim was that shellbell was safe, but that's something the squirtle squad could easily claim too. what's weird is that if they were able to check alignments (as i thought they could on day 1), i feel like mafia would have gotten rid of them (but they didn't because kiko already seemed to be under fire?)
  • there's also the fact that karma died but that it'd be obvious that we'd look at emolga for that rather than kiko (but maybe too obvious, which they may have anticipated? 4d chess be wild)
  • but shellbell didn't use their ability on kiko and kiko didn't make any other "safe" claims, which seems reasonable.
i shall place kiko in B-tier as a result. a bit suspicious, but they were somewhat cleared. but i shall still "B" wary

unknown.png

hacha-ing into the tier list is emolga
  • they seemed fairly confused by their abilities, but given how confused a bunch of us seem to be, that might be an honest mistake. or it could be backtracking.
  • karma was sussing them hard before their death, which is fairly suspicious. but it's also too suspicious to the point where it looks like they were obviously being framed.
  • their skill is apparently situational: can be recharged, but seems like something they wouldn't want to use carelessly. protective ability, but not for themself.
  • (having played epicmafia before, my first guess is something adjacent to nurse? that one protects the target but also roleblocks them. but like given how wild our abilities are, it might be something completely different)
i shall put them in B-tier, for similar reasons as kiko.

unknown.png

and then comes rosetti. the sweet bellflower who is accusing me of Criminal Activity
  • i'm mildly concerned with the fact that she just hard denies some of the stuff (or seems to have misinterpreted some of my defenses/claims? dismissed that a framer-like role could be a thing entirely when it exists in other mafia games iirc. but especially dismissing the Boo part. like... boo is right there rosie!!)
  • on the other hand though, their accusation is really hard with evidence, and super specific, so i don't think they're lying about their ability. if someone else visited kilza then their story would have fallen apart entirely.
because i dont want to be lonely in A-tier, i will put them there. they are just As suspicious as me if they're not being mislead by the reports

unknown.png

i really didn't visit anyone but i understand how rosie must feel

after is another bellflower, IonicKarma
who is also in D-tier. D for Dead.

unknown.png

and then lynn (BungoTheElf): she just got her item and hasn't disclosed anything about it. she's not super quiet and seems to be on the same level of perception as me, who also had no investigative abilities

also didn't vote for me which is nice. if she ends up being the one with the star tho, imma fight.

unknown.png

shh its a bit of a stretch. i just wanted the last panel.

thetessagrace comes next: i don't have much to say here, because they don't have much to say
they voted for me like... instantly after rosie did before i even got to defend myself which is... weird. also bloodthirsty
they also claim their ability isn't one that's useful for investigative purposes?

i'm going to assume that they were busy so they haven't had a chance to explain themselves yet. but until then, they get to sit in my S-tier

S is for Silent and for Sus
unknown.png

i understand if you're busy. we can wait.

last but not least: equity
they were REALLY active in calling out susses in day 1 and 2 and they also haven't disclosed their ability at all, which is a bit curious. but they've gone mostly to summarizing and gathering information at this point, which is helpful
but i have no read on their ability at all

for this i put them in B-tier.

unknown.png

and that's it for my tier list
unknown.png

remember to like and subscribe for more Real Gamer content assuming i don't get eliminated

That's alright, thank you for the clarifications! That ability (being immune to both a kill AND a next-day vote) seems pretty OP to me @Mistreil. So using that ability wouldn't lead to any collateral damage afterwards?
nope, there's no collateral damage. that's all there was to the star -- it definitely seems pretty OP but im guessing its just because it's unlikely to be targetted at night and eliminated the next day when you don't have an investigative role?

i know in epicmafia there was a role that would let you be voted and that would roleblock the mafia for the night -- there was also a treestump role that you could activate so you can't be killed ever (but you can't vote). im guessing this was something intended to be along those lines? that's just like pure speculation from me though -- there's a lot about this game that's like ????

Last edited:
Mistreil, that is literally the most accurate tier list ever and is basically my thoughts exactly.

I still haven't been explicit about my power, but if I had used it tonight, I would have been able to figure out if someone who isn't speaking up, did in fact use the boo. It wouldn't be explicitly told to me like that, but It'd be deducible and your name would be cleared.

11/10 tier list

(I used it night 1 cuz I thought the plan was we were all going to use abilities, and very few people overtly said no to that)

ok, i also legitimately laughed at a lot of your memes in that last post XD
your talent is next level

my favourites are the ones with Patrick and then the one you did with me

Last edited:
(I used it night 1 cuz I thought the plan was we were all going to use abilities, and very few people overtly said no to that)
yeah -- i get that. i just think without knowing the specifics of your skill it's something i wouldnt actually do (and im not trying to goad you to explain further: i have some guesses as to what it might be and it might make sense to hold onto it)

ALSO im going to be spending the night doing work and sleeping early
because i actually did have a lot of work to do today and spent way too long making mafia memes -- im glad tomorrow is night because i need that day to catch up on my work.
i could afford to reshuffle my schedule to make jokes today but i cant do that for the next few days. i suffer for my art

anyways i'll try to reply to stuff before noon tomorrow and i'm going to withhold my vote until then which is going to go to thetessagrace until they defend themself. i dont mind dying but i would rather not so i can keep clowning around

Apologies for the delays in my reply! I'm actually someone who takes time to write a post, but I'll try my hardest to quicken up my pace, as to not make anyone wait for too long! Before I start answering the other posts directed to me ( @Kattea, @shellbell, @kikotoot), I'd like to quickly say that I'm a she, @Emolga59! If you're comfortable with answering, may I also ask which pronoun you'd rather I employ?

Mistreil, Equity, and Bungo I’m on the fence about.

while we're on the no info given train i would also like to say i'm a little sus of equity because all they've done is scrounge up a bunch of other people's posts and behaviors for analytics while revealing literally nothing about themselves. maybe equity has a good reason but i can't think of any
The people I'd most want to hear from are Equity and Tessa yeah

I'll be more upfront now (about my behaviour): I was waiting to see what @Mistreil's reply would be before talking about my ability/item. This is also why I asked about the possibility of 2 players having the same role/ability! If it weren't possible, then one of us must be lying. However, from shawo's answer, it seems possible for 2 players to have the same (or at least a similar?) role/ability! It's interesting to read the description of your ability/item and to see how it resembles/differs from mine @Mistreil.

I also obtained a star (I believe I can name it because I've seen @Mistreil and @BungoTheElf use that term a couple of times). This means that my ability/item is also Mario Kart-themed! However, as opposed to Mistreil who received a star at the beginning of this race/game, I found mine on Day 2 (do correct me if I'm wrong, but Saturday was the start of Day 2 right?). It's also a single-use ability (only at night). However, this ability can be a double-edged sword. I must pick a player if I decide to use it. If I were "murdered" on the night I used it, the player I've picked would end up being the "deceased" one. However, if Squirtle Squad didn't target me that night, then I would be safe and the player I chose wouldn't "die" due to my decision. Your ability sounds much more OP than mine @Mistreil since there isn't any collateral damage as opposed to mine (in the event that unfortunate situation were to occur to me).

Yes, as @Rosetti had pointed out, if one had this immunity ability, why would one not play more aggressively in order to extract as much information as one can and to lure Squirtle Squad members out? I also thought of doing exactly that last night. However, I didn't do it for 2 reasons:
  1. As much as it may sound like an excuse, I prioritized playing Salmon Run (Splatoon 2 – All-Grizzco weapons rotations don't come often...) and was too tired afterwards. 😅
  2. I didn't see how I could play aggressively if there weren't any leads. I felt like my actions would only amount to shots in the dark, and it would seem like I'm finger pointing at others without substantial evidence (which I've somewhat done so far, but I was sus of everyone and still don't exactly know who to trust).
    • For instance, I also started being sus of IonicKarma because of how she was very sus of Emolga without much basis, so it seemed as though she was trying to skew a vote towards Emolga but seeing that IonicKarma was "murdered" last night, perhaps my suspicions weren't that founded either.
    • Now that I think about it, perhaps if I had pried more into this, we could have obtained more clues about who may be part of Squirtle Squad.
      • Perhaps some players (Squirtle Squad members) would have skewed the voting towards IonicKarma. However, say we had voted IonicKarma out, IonicKarma wouldn't have "died" last night by the hands of (I'm assuming) Squirtle Squad. If Rosetti is right on the Bellflowers "murder" trend, then we wouldn't have figured that out.
      • On the other hand, if I had pushed for IonicKarma being sus, I could also have been accused of being sus, as it may seem that I'm trying to skew a vote towards IonicKarma when she may be* innocent. (*I say may be because I've read that there are roles in which you can switch an action (I believe the bus driver), so if player A were the target of Squirtle Squad on Night X and the bus driver switched two players (player A and player B), then player B would die in player A's stead. I've only just thought about this, so this may not stand, but perhaps someone swapped 2 players (IonicKarma and someone else), such that IonicKarma "died" in the other person's stead (and the bus driver, say player C didn't realize IonicKarma was actually part of Squirtle Squad). – One of the possible scenarios but not betting on that.)
I didn't want to use my ability last night because I felt that it would be too risky to pick someone since there weren't any leads yet and I didn't feel like sacrificing an innocent person over my safety would be a wise decision – you never know, someone else may have a more useful ability than mine. Because there weren't any trends about the "deaths" yet, I was betting on the probability of me surviving (and getting further into the game) before using it and/or disclosing my ability. I felt like it would have been a waste to use it so early on and since I'm not that good at deductive reasoning, it wouldn't have been much of a loss if I were to "die"!

EDIT: Before being accused of stealing @Mistreil's star, I would like to say that I did not steal her star, hence the term found. I don't know how I could be more specific, but I wanted to clear things up!

Last edited:
As much as it may sound like an excuse, I prioritized playing Salmon Run (Splatoon 2 – All-Grizzco weapons rotations don't come often...) and was too tired afterwards. 😅
Can confirm, she was playing playing salmon run with me till midnight last night (real time) lol

And after hearing equity's explanation i think mistreil is lying? i think the possibilities of them both having an item called "star" and have them work differently is low. I don't think shawo would plan something like mistreils star when they gave us the clue "it's balanced".

Back