Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

Just to clarify things in case anyone would points it out afterwards, I get mixed up with days and nights, so I actually played Splatoon 2 the entire weekend (i.e., Day 2: Saturday at midnight EDT to Sunday 12 p.m.). Minor detail because SR started at 8 p.m. (Sat), which would have given me a lot of time to play this baby mafia game during the day.

I'm with @Kattea about the possibility of having similar abilities (seeing her situation with Rosetti).

i dont have anything to add to my star. yall asked for the details on mine, and i gave what i had

reading equity's i'm just... why is your star so much more violent than mine. we could have similar but different items but i... dont know? i dont think shawo would do that

you say my star is op but getting defense on a night and redirecting the kill to someone else feels a lot stronger than mine? which is just it lets me live for a cycle

im also mildly suspicious because you only revealed you have a star after me and after probing what mine can/cant do (and picking the opposige) -- i can understand why but its also... i dont know

However, I understand why @Mistreil would be sus of me now that I've mentioned my ability afterwards. The reason I did that was to not receive a biased answer based on what I would have written (say I disclosed my ability before you had explained yours).

Yes, from a Squirtle Squad perspective, this ability seems to have a conniving function: collaborating with Squirtle Squad teammates in order to gain townie's sympathy through this ability. If I were part of Squirtle Squad, why would I put myself at risk by disclosing this information after you and by twisting the facts? I could have simply said that I received a similar ability to yours (non-violent). This would have made me seem less of a threat compared to the information I've disclosed about the function of my star (playing it low would be a safer option).

Also, would it not have been smarter of me to disclose my ability before prying more into yours, as to seem less suspicious? That way, I could have gained traction on my credibility while damaging yours. I'm not saying that I don't believe that you had a star; however, it's a little weird/sus how a same item could work differently.

its also very convenient that your star can pick who dies -- if youre part of the squirtle squad you could just say you picked someone as your star target and that the Real Squirtle Squad tried to target you to prove your innocence
While this is a valid reasoning, why would jeopardize myself like this? From a Squirtle Squad perspective, someone could have easily pointed that [the star scheme @Mistreil just described] out (in this case, you did) after I had disclosed of my ability, which would then get me on the sus list. If I were a Squirtle Squad member, wouldn't claiming an entirely different ability from yours or claiming that I have the same ability as yours make more sense? Detailing the differences/similarities of my ability like I did earlier would put myself at risk of being sussed by others, which would be unfavourable from a Squirtle Squad perspective.

On the other hand, from a townie's perspective, this ability is pretty risky given that I'm not able to ascertain who's actually a townie/Squirtle Squad. Therefore, by using it carelessly, I may end up targeting an innocent townie, hence I didn't use it last night. This is also why I wanted to disclose my ability today in case I get "murdered" during the night. I would have at least disclosed some kind of (potentially useful) information to the townies.

okay i gave up on page 15 idk what to say to be entirely honest. this is all such a jumble!
so basically mistreil is highly likely to be mafia, i'm really sus, and some people don't like rosie.

i don't have a lot to say to defend myself because the reasons i could be mafia is because i'm inactive and coasty. i didn't realize how confusing this would be
yes i've been coasting with everyone else, especially with the vote with mistreil. i already gave my reasoning for that. as for the sacrifice post that was entirely a joke

i don't have a lot of defense. but, in counter of what's been said, there really isn't a lot of proof that i AM mafia. we could find reasons to frame anyone and most of it would seem valid.

okay a couple other things-
how does the star work according to the people who have it? i'm not too sure what's going on here.

also multiple people have claimed to have a star, that probably means not all of them are town, right?
Tessa: She seems quite sus for reasons mentioned above, seemed to have tried to start a vote quite a bit for seemingly unreasonable ways. We should probably observe some more as she hasn’t really posted much to begin with and seems to coast while the rest of us are kinda out in the ring; Scumlean

Rosie: Is very diligent with her posts, spits cold hard facts while not giving questionable vibes(?), seems to not be contradictory with her role and overall very trustworthy, her posts are also very detailed and specific, which isn’t usually something a squirtle can pull of very well, but just in case if this is a very well coordinated lie (rosie I lob u but I don’t wanna get rid of other possibilities), I’ll keep it at townlean just because; Townlean

Emolga: I can’t make a read abt myself cause that’s not kewl; Try Again Later

Equity: Has been very quiet until lately, their posts are very well thought out and detailed, providing quotes to support what they think. I’m still a bit iffy to have them townread on the emolgadar though, simply because with the heat rising, they seem to have amped up a bit, then again it’s understandable now that we have leads (but in a different way unlike the rosie situation.) Also hasn’t given us much info on what their role is, but I do understand why one would want to keep it a secret; Townlean Or Null
Just one question for @Equity, I don’t wanna mess up and potentially misgender you so if you’re comfortable with answering, may I ask for your pronouns?

Mistreil: I have no idea what to say tbh, on one hand there might be a new ability that we’ve never heard of that covers up visits (not gonna lie, I’ve never heard of 99% of these abilities to begin with so-) but, there’s still a huge chance that this ability doesn’t actually exist, I think I’ll put her on null for now; Null

Kikotoot: Has made some questionable decisions (Like the night 1 usage,) tends to pinpoint things onto someone although they apply to others too, he does mention and acknowledge that this is the case, it still does make me a bit wary though but less sus of him. He genuinely seems like he’s trying to help but I still do have some doubts; Null Or Slight Townlean

Shellbell: Yeah this one’s self-explanatory, I can probably skip this but if anyone wants a catchup lmk :3; Townread

Kattea: Seems quite genuine with her thoughts and provides useful and helpful information when possible, is able to theorize well (in my opinion) by observing other abilities and using balancing that is commonly used… well, anywhere. However, ik this is rly over analytical(?, send help for wording LMAO) of me and I’m sry abt that, but I have this small doubt in my mind that the commonly used “this might seem sus” line (or something along that) might be her trying to gain sympathy trust??? Ik this might not make sense to most but I rly tried to think of a good word for that, overall I think she’s probably town though; Townlean

Lynn: Hasn’t contributed much but that’s understandable looking at her (technically ‘our’ since we’re practically all braindead atm LOL) state of confusion. I don’t think there’s been a post that has swayed me in a certain direction except for post #13, where she said “Like in game or just in general? I will have to pull up a quiz if in general but in game I'm good aligned,” which gave me “I have no idea how to say I’m town other than to be like, yeah I’m town” vibes, which was me in a nutshell when I played (and while I was town); Townlean

Overall thoughts: I don’t think I should be trusted to make reads ever again, I thought they’d be more common considering when I did play before, reads were like the thing all the cool kids (and the other vanillas because they do take “you’re weapon is your voice” seriously.) But tbf we’re all practically newbies

Final squirtle squad suspects: I have no clue, I just did this to express my opinion and summarize the events we’ve witnessed and shove them into the emolgadar.
Post automatically merged:

Pls I was gonna bold the names but forgot to 😭
as for this post, the reason you guys know what you're doing more and stuff (and this might seem like a poor argument) is because you all have leads. my ability doesn't help me at all in gathering information, so that's sort of just unlucky-ness i guess.

okay now that i've rambled for no reason giving absolutely no argument against my case and such, please provide me with thoughts and questions.

i also like the idea of possibly a fool role? since we don't know what the mafia:town ratio i would like to propose the idea of a third party role. idk if that's actually in tbt mafia rules (i should read up)

anyways, since shawo's been kind of crazy and hasn't really gone by any strict rules, i could totally see the possibility of somebody being a fool, trying to get voted out. idk though. thoughts?

i just want to clarify that i find it odd that both items are called "star". while rosetti and kattea's abilities are similar, they're probably called different things.
This is why I think its weird if it was "super star" vs "star" id be like alrighttt but its weird bc they are both literally just star

also i see tessa is hereee, dw ill change my vote if i deem fit but u did say afterall that u can see why we find u sus

And im just about to head to bed so i will catch up in the morning with u all!!

For my run because i am a cookie gotta get my jellies

It also might be a difference between a mafia vs town item/role but thats just an idea to throw out there

guys please explain this whole star stuff or is there a link to a post explaining it cause idk what's going on-

okay i read and according to the encyclopedia maftannica: "Jester: A third party role that must meet their win condition by getting [voted] during the day. Also sometimes referred to as "fool." "

that might screw things up huh- shawo can you confirm/not confirm the possibility of this role?

okay ONE OTHER THING (istg im just going on a tangent)

i think for now i'll keep my vote for mistreil because i don't think they're telling the truth. i also know i'm going to forget to vote later.

guys please explain this whole star stuff or is there a link to a post explaining it cause idk what's going on-

okay i read and according to the encyclopedia maftannica: "Jester: A third party role that must meet their win condition by getting [voted] during the day. Also sometimes referred to as "fool." "

that might screw things up huh- shawo can you confirm/not confirm the possibility of this role?

i think for now i'll keep my vote for mistreil because i don't think they're telling the truth. i also know i'm going to forget to vote later.
This is @Mistreil's take on her ability whereas this is mine!

This is @Mistreil's take on her ability whereas this is mine!
thank you so much you are my saving 'grace' (i should get help) now i can understand better, i'll write my thoughts later

also
this is completely unrelated to the game ngl but equity your sig and avatar remind me of katara and i know it's not katara but in my mind you are katara so ya know water tribe

What is this fool stuff about? Do you think someone here is a fool, I dont really see anyone acting much like this to want to be targeted for a vote

star stuff:
Mistreil has a star item, it got stolen at night and we dont know who took it
Equity had a similar item with the same name but a different feature

i just want to clarify that i find it odd that both items are called "star". while rosetti and kattea's abilities are similar, they're probably called different things.

I'm not sure shawo actually named it star. We started calling it that after Mistreil posted a meme saying "you got a star"!

---

The death star sounds super useful for mafia to have. If Equity was mafia, it would be more fun to act sus late game, get voted against, and then win the game using the death star. But she didn't, she disclosed it. It's a strange ability for sure, but I still lean town for her.

---

I feel bad that Tessa came back to all of this, so I'll attempt to make a case in her defense to ensure we are considering all possibilities:

1) I believe she has played a few times, and in fact won her last game as mafia, so she has to have some skill. Pushing for an early vote between Kiko and Shellbell at the beginning is what made her look sus. An experienced mafia would be more careful and calculated, so it may have just been a trigger happy townie move.
2) We are literally sussing her for having a life lol.
3) I still might vote for her tho.

I'm not sure shawo actually named it star. We started calling it that after Mistreil posted a meme saying "you got a star"!

---

The death star sounds super useful for mafia to have. If Equity was mafia, it would be more fun to act sus late game, get voted against, and then win the game using the death star. But she didn't, she disclosed it. It's a strange ability for sure, but I still lean town for her.

---

I feel bad that Tessa came back to all of this, so I'll attempt to make a case in her defense to ensure we are considering all possibilities:

1) I believe she has played a few times, and in fact won her last game as mafia, so she has to have some skill. Pushing for an early vote between Kiko and Shellbell at the beginning is what made her look sus. An experienced mafia would be more careful and calculated, so it may have just been a trigger happy townie move.
2) We are literally sussing her for having a life lol.
3) I still might vote for her tho.

i've actually only played once, and it was that game- i did pretty terribly. i pushed the vote between kiko and shellbell because i was excited to get a lead
i've been really bad at getting on at the right times and it's screwed my game up, everyones active when i'm doing other stuff

this is completely unrelated to the game ngl but equity your sig and avatar remind me of katara and i know it's not katara but in my mind you are katara so ya know water tribe

I thought this as well! In other non-game related observations, I noticed that 3/4 MVP tetris grid winners are in this game.

What is this fool stuff about? Do you think someone here is a fool, I dont really see anyone acting much like this to want to be targeted for a vote
technically shawo never mentioned a fool and it's pretty unlikely, idk if they'll confirm or not. i just thought that could be a possibility because everything else in this game has been quite screwed up

To clarify about the stars:
Mistreil has had an immunity ability which we started calling "the star" (it was supposedly stolen tho)
Equity has claimed a similar ability, except you choose a target to die for you instead, which I have started referring to as the "death star"

Regarding the jester/fool:
I've asked shawo in PM's regarding the presence of vanilla townies, mafia abilities, etc. He would disclose nothing. It appears he wants us to play in the dark.

okay i have done my reading on the star stuff i u n d e r s t a n d

i won't be changing my vote on mistreil. she's showing obvious scum imo while equity has done many things to help out the town. and yes im aware this sounds very hypocritical because i've literally done nothing as well. i might write my opinions on each player tomorrow morning, we'll see.
Regarding the jester/fool:
I've asked shawo in PM's regarding the presence of vanilla townies, mafia abilities, etc. He would disclose nothing. It appears he wants us to play in the dark.

i'm just going to play assuming there is a fool, but i won't push it too deep. i'll probably just keep it in mind, you guys should too C:

technically shawo never mentioned a fool and it's pretty unlikely, idk if they'll confirm or not. i just thought that could be a possibility because everything else in this game has been quite screwed up

In that case I could say there could be suicide bombers in this game, there are a lot of things that could or could not be in the game. Id like to hope as this is a noob game there isn't but yeah who knows

Im just confused why u brought it up bc it felt like it came out of nowhere unless this is ur subtle way of saying u are and want to be voted

In that case I could say there could be suicide bombers in this game, there are a lot of things that could or could not be in the game. Id like to hope as this is a noob game there isn't but yeah who knows

Im just confused why u brought it up bc it felt like it came out of nowhere unless this is ur subtle way of saying u are and want to be voted
i brought it up because there are so many conflicting arguments regarding abilities.

i feel like some people could be possibly lying because they want to be voted, and i think it's smart to keep that in mind

bringing up fool as the fool would be if anything bad for me if i was fool because nobody even thought of the idea of one in game. if i wanted to be voted off i would have just stayed quiet instead of giving a subtle hint.

While I don't know how to make memes, I do know how to make low fidelty microsoft word inforgraphics such as this one:
It kinda describes my current stance on things. There's really just a linear relationship between what we know about you and a person's sus-ness.
I'm strongly inclined to believe Equity regarding her star based on her questioning of Mistreil.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 11.50.57 PM.png

From what you've read about the abilities that are out there Tessa, is yours more in line with one of the star ones?

i might write my opinions on each player tomorrow morning, we'll see.

Better do it before you die.

OKAY GUYS, thoughts on Tessa??? I'm no good at this because I trust everyone who speaks and she has now spoken LOL. She's giving me defeated townie vibes, like she just gave up on defending herself cause it was just too much. That or she doesn't care if she lives or dies cause she's one of 3 mafia. I'm actually really scared of the possibility that there are 3 mafia, like we really can't mess up our vote.

Better do it before you die.
that was scary

like legit i know i'm just reading letters on a computer screen but when i have never felt so much fear in my soul
i feel so shooken now
part of me is like, do we just no vote again 😅
no vote wont get us anywhere, especially 3 nights in a row

my thoughts on tessa:

she's cool idk though a little weird like girl go get some ibuprofen to clear that giant headache of yours

thoughts on mistreil aswell everyone?

also i will be right back i must go take a shower so i can look stylish at school tomorrow :cool:

Back