• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Best Friend Chat

No one b/cos idrc about the best friends feature, tbh.

It's cool but i'm not just going to add someone that because I want to - I'll wait for the game to release and wait until I find some cool people who play AC then add them

From linsandko latest video I saw that once the person is in town it doesn't work and it seems that you need your gate closed for it to work.
but farther into the video talking about it I am not sure if I heard it right but it sounded that you can indeed chat with your best friend while both are in town. Just asking if that doable or not?

Just going to break down this reply here...

From linsandko latest video I saw that once the person is in town it doesn't work and it seems that you need your gate closed for it to work.

If your BF is in your town, why would you use the BF chat....

but farther into the video talking about it I am not sure if I heard it right but it sounded that you can indeed chat with your best friend while both are in town. Just asking if that doable or not?

...since you can use the regular chat when they are in your town?

BF chat is for communication for friends that aren't in your town but are online.

You're not the only one MademRachel, I'm lonely too haha. C:

with best friends can you broadcast a message to everyone at once like asking for turnip prices or do you have to send it individually to everyone?

with best friends can you broadcast a message to everyone at once like asking for turnip prices or do you have to send it individually to everyone?

There is a broadcast to all button ;)

There is a broadcast to all button ;)

Okay, that is just awesome. Although being careful about who you add is probably a good idea then. I've gotten some bad Swapnote spam from people using that feature. :|

Okay, that is just awesome. Although being careful about who you add is probably a good idea then. I've gotten some bad Swapnote spam from people using that feature. :|

If it helps, if they're not online, they won't get the message. No offline messages in ACNL. :)

that is why I deleted them, one was a member on this forum who sent legit 10 a day, and one was some girl at my school who'd sent me pointless crap then she'd winge about how she was 'stressed' at school when she never did the work, so i was like 'stop sending my swapnote spam and do your work then' and i deleted her

If it helps, if they're not online, they won't get the message. No offline messages in ACNL. :)

Hmm, good and bad. Offline messages could be helpful too. Probably worth it though for the upside of less spam.

Lol unless I find some I may have 0. All my IRL and online friends arn't interested in the game. Oh well

I thought in the Lin&Ko video she said she likes using that feature even when they're in the same town because it displays everything that was posted previously.

I'm trying to convince my friends to buy the game when it comes out now so that I'll have BFs on it.

It's such a cool feature.

Back