Bowie's Art Thread V2 ★ Digital Paintings, GFX, 3D Renders, Tutorials

0uZB5Z9.png

Just about done for the day. I've got the shoulder pads to do next, and then I can do the other arm with the gun, which is gonna probably be really fun.

T8IxphJ.png

Coming along beautifully still. Added plain colours to the shoulder pad (I may come back to it later) and I've also made Samus a little thinner, to make her shape look a little less awkward.

I've been working a lot on my musical album recently, so modelling is kinda my second most important hobby at the moment.

6lV6N5u.png

Just about finished the other arm!

I know it's a little early to be thinking about texturing, but I had a look and it terrifies me. I don't know how I'm gonna do it.

665wMVu.png

In an alternative universe, Samus stays with the Galactic Federation and becomes a high-class marine, respected by all in the Galactic Federation (excluding those that may be jealous of her superior rank).

Today I decided to dedicate my time to texturing, because the possibility of not being able to do anything with this model that I've been working on for so long was driving me crazy.

So, I took the head and searched up some tutorials on UV unwrapping and baking (which for the time being, I only know how to do in Blender's internal render, which I don't work with very often), and I got to work.

FxbxpGY.png

Here is the baked UV map, which I rendered with plain colours from Blender's internal render. So, basically just a rendered version of the WIP pictures I've shown throughout the modelling process.

CqTgCsv.png

And this is the vertex map. I didn't really need this, but I decided to have it anyway because it would help me determine which parts of the model would be visible while I was painting it.

oMyxoRF.png

And here is the finished UV map. As it was a test, I didn't add any fancy details to it like I intend to at a later time, but I enhanced the glossiness and I did some colour correction and brightness/contrast adjusting.

wh4S3O0.png

And this is the finished result! With no lighting set, so you can see how the texture looks on its own.

Last edited:
YX5I3YJ.png

Not exactly art, but it's a theory I prepared for the Five Nights at Freddy's subreddit and I made it entirely in Photoshop, so, I guess it's something to post here.

i6dvWoL.png

More changes!

This time she has a neck, which is amazing, but the gap needs to be smoothed out a little. The size of the shoulders has been tampered with a little, and she still has no legs! That's definitely something I'm gonna have to try and fix tonight.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep this colour scheme.

eKT9q9E.png

Pretty much finished with the actual model now. Just got some more tweaking to do with the neck and feet, then I'm done and it's off to texturing!

this is amazing. i have great respect for talented people like you, keep it up. i cant imagine how time consuming this must be, aha. but its always worth it in the end. im seeing a lot of improvements

this is amazing. i have great respect for talented people like you, keep it up. i cant imagine how time consuming this must be, aha. but its always worth it in the end. im seeing a lot of improvements

Thank you so much!

5AQUcNg.png

Made a new UV map for the head. Not gonna bother showing it, though, 'cause you can't really see much of a difference.

I'm gonna look for some timelapse videos of people texture painting so I can get an idea of what to do and what not to do.

wXdCK98.png

Made a textured version of my Ennard 3D model from the new Five Nights at Freddy's game. Edited slightly in Photoshop to produce the grainy material effect on the side of his face.

Back