Bowie's Art Thread V2 ★ Digital Paintings, GFX, 3D Renders, Tutorials

7bBZ3vg.gif

Very well, but you'll have to answer to Jesus when he comes for you.

a0KcbKT.jpg

After the events of Sonic Adventure, all Robotnik wants to do is relax and have a nice cup of tea, but he's not even getting that today.

qOgd4DE.jpg

Does anyone know of a way I could convert all these textures to Cycles? I know how to do it manually, but you have to assign each texture individually, and that is gonna take me forever. I installed a script that I found which supposedly did what I wanted, but I just got an error and it didn't work.

dnySKVa.jpg

Easily one of my favourite renders that I've ever done, this is (resized to avoid it taking forever to upload) a heavily modified version of the original Chaos model from Sonic Adventure DX. I managed to (relatively quickly) rig the model myself, posed him, and then worked on his materials. I wasn't really sure how to replicate the same kinda look he has in the game (with his brain clearly visible), so I just did my best here. The background uses the same texture as Chaos' body, so, that's why it looks so glossy and reflective.

What I'd really like to do, if I ever actually get down to texturing the Adventure Fields, is make a little animated series based on the game, set perhaps during the events that occured after Sonic Adventure, but before Sonic Adventure 2. This would give me an excuse to work more on rigging and also give me a little more experience in animating for more than just experimental purposes. I'd obviously have to find voice actors/actresses, but what else is Reddit for?

Anyway, this render has 1,044 samples (the most I've ever used), and it took about an hour to render. It obviously didn't do me much good, because there is a ton of noise visible. It's most likely because of all the fancy lighting and reflective materials, but it kinda ruins it in my opinion. That being said, I'm super happy with every other aspect of it and hope you guys like it as much as I do (it took bloody long enough).

Oh, I just had a great idea for some animations I could make. The only problem is that showing them off would ruin the whole concept, meaning I'd have to just put them out there and leave them alone.

latest

Eggman is surprisingly smaller than I thought he was. I'm gonna have to pay more attention to detail in future.

I temporarily don't have access to Blender, so I guess this would be a good opportunity to seek critique on some of my most recent work before I start with a ton more. So, how did I do?

Can you please do a render of Asuna holding her sword The Lambent Light from Sword Art Online!

Oh you are taking requests? Cool! Could you make Peach do a pirouette? Like in her dress? That might be a good cloth test as well since her dress and hair should be set as some sort of jigglybone.

Also, long time no see! How are you doing? ^^

Last edited:
Oh you are taking requests? Cool! Could you make Peach do a pirouette? Like in her dress? That might be a good cloth test as well since her dress and hair should be set as some sort of jigglybone.

Also, long time no see! How are you doing? ^^

Certainly! Would you like it as an animation or just a render? Either way is cool. It shouldn't take too long to rig her again, but this will be my first time attempting to rig clothing.

I'm doing great, thanks! Yourself?

Back