• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

BUNNY DAY 2021 Begins! (March 28th to April 4th) 🥚🐰

Does anybody else feel like they tweaked the balloon spawn rate to be way too low now? I only got to play for an hour or so yesterday and I only saw two Bunny Day balloons. Since I restarted my island recently, I didn't go too hard on Bunny Day when I replayed it, so I don't have all the recipes. Now I'm regretting that decision a bit. I feel like by the time Sunday comes around I'm going to have to grind out Bunny Day balloons so I can dress up like a broken sky egg.

Does anybody else feel like they tweaked the balloon spawn rate to be way too low now? I only got to play for an hour or so yesterday and I only saw two Bunny Day balloons. Since I restarted my island recently, I didn't go too hard on Bunny Day when I replayed it, so I don't have all the recipes. Now I'm regretting that decision a bit. I feel like by the time Sunday comes around I'm going to have to grind out Bunny Day balloons so I can dress up like a broken sky egg.
I feel like I get a balloon every couple minutes.
They feel non stop haha

They did that because last year the Balloons were spawning like crazy. Its a good thing they are keeping it more balanced.

I've had very few sky eggs as well, and even fewer sea eggs. To the point of I haven't earned my sea egg costume yet. 😔

Also, I was randomly given eggs from villagers Sunday and Monday, but didn't receive any yesterday or today.

Hi, I’m new here, sorry if I posted incorrectly, this is my first post.

I’ve been playing ACNH for about a year, and did the Bunny Day last year, but was away for the last 3 months and didn’t play. I happened to login on March 28th, not knowing it was the first day Zipper would show, but he wasn’t there. I did get the letter, and I’m getting the BD balloons, but Zipper never came, and I’m not getting the BD message bottles, or leaf eggs. I’ve taken the fruit off all my trees and money trees, but still no leaf eggs. My software is up to date according to the system. I can get the leaf eggs on a mystery island, but 2k miles for 3 eggs isn’t a good deal.

However, I have another player on my island, my SO’s old account. It does not have the Nintendo Online account. When I logged into that account - on March 31 - everything happened the way it should have. Zipper was there, the BD bottles showed up (and balloons) AND the leaf eggs! If I log out and back into mine, no leaf eggs or bottles.

If anyone has an idea of what might be wrong, or can point me (specifically) to someplace I can get answers, I would be very appreciative.
thank you!

PS, if the cherry blossoms were supposed to show, that didn’t happen for me either, unless I missed the date.

Hi, I’m new here, sorry if I posted incorrectly, this is my first post.

I’ve been playing ACNH for about a year, and did the Bunny Day last year, but was away for the last 3 months and didn’t play. I happened to login on March 28th, not knowing it was the first day Zipper would show, but he wasn’t there. I did get the letter, and I’m getting the BD balloons, but Zipper never came, and I’m not getting the BD message bottles, or leaf eggs. I’ve taken the fruit off all my trees and money trees, but still no leaf eggs. My software is up to date according to the system. I can get the leaf eggs on a mystery island, but 2k miles for 3 eggs isn’t a good deal.

However, I have another player on my island, my SO’s old account. It does not have the Nintendo Online account. When I logged into that account - on March 31 - everything happened the way it should have. Zipper was there, the BD bottles showed up (and balloons) AND the leaf eggs! If I log out and back into mine, no leaf eggs or bottles.

If anyone has an idea of what might be wrong, or can point me (specifically) to someplace I can get answers, I would be very appreciative.
thank you!

PS, if the cherry blossoms were supposed to show, that didn’t happen for me either, unless I missed the date.

Is your game on ver1.9.0a (see top-right section of title screen)? Emphasis on the 'a' because being on just 1.9.0 will not trigger the event.

Also, can you get all the others except the leaf egg? Do you have enough hardwood trees? Leaf eggs will not spawn on fruit trees and cedar trees.

Also, where the leaf eggs spawn is different per character. I have two leaf egg trees north of my main residents house, but my second resident does not. Instead, I found his along the beach.

I have a second resident (who don't have an NSO account) I haven't used in a month, so I logged in today just to check. I found Zipper AND he also sent me the DIY recipe for the Bunny Day bed through mail. I can find all eggs. With that said, that means an NSO account and not being the main resident has no effect on this.

Also, if it's April 1st on you, then yes, the cherry blossom season should have started. Even if the trees turn pink, the eggs should still be on the trees.

Last edited:
I'm actually really hoppy with how my search for the DIYs are going. I've gotten three without even trying! Not to mention I've collected the new items from Timmy/Tommy's and they're super cute. Far better than the weird stuff from last year.

If only Sakura Blossom season is as successful...

Is your game on ver1.9.0a (see top-right section of title screen)? Emphasis on the 'a' because being on just 1.9.0 will not trigger the event.

Also, can you get all the others except the leaf egg? Do you have enough hardwood trees? Leaf eggs will not spawn on fruit trees and cedar trees.

Also, where the leaf eggs spawn is different per character. I have two leaf egg trees north of my main residents house, but my second resident does not. Instead, I found his along the beach.

I have a second resident (who don't have an NSO account) I haven't used in a month, so I logged in today just to check. I found Zipper AND he also sent me the DIY recipe for the Bunny Day bed through mail. I can find all eggs. With that said, that means an NSO account and not being the main resident has no effect on this.

Also, if it's April 1st on you, then yes, the cherry blossom season should have started. Even if the trees turn pink, the eggs should still be on the trees.

Hey Rosch,
thank you so much for the response. Yes, I’m getting all eggs except leaf. I checked the version, and it is ‘a’. I suppose it’s possible that the leaf eggs could be spawning in a different place for me than the other account. The only trees I am aware of are fruit, cedar, and money. When the fruit is removed from a tree, it says it’s a hardwood tree, but It’s definitely possible that I’m missing something though. 😊

im looking forward to April first then, I haven’t seen the cherry blossoms yet!

Hey Rosch,
thank you so much for the response. Yes, I’m getting all eggs except leaf. I checked the version, and it is ‘a’. I suppose it’s possible that the leaf eggs could be spawning in a different place for me than the other account. The only trees I am aware of are fruit, cedar, and money. When the fruit is removed from a tree, it says it’s a hardwood tree, but It’s definitely possible that I’m missing something though. 😊

When the fruit is removed from the trees they look like hardwood trees but are not. The money trees do become hardwood trees once you remove the money - so if you keep them afterwards you do have hardwood trees to potentially get leaf eggs and cherry blossoms from.

only hardwood trees will spawn leaf eggs, and become cherry blossom trees during cherry blossom season.

Hey Rosch,

As Wailea pointed out, the leaf eggs only spawn on those trees that never bear fruit.

I think it's a little late to plant hardwood trees. If you don't have them and want it quick, I suggest going to a mystery island and dig up those trees and bring them back home.

When the fruit is removed from the trees they look like hardwood trees but are not. The money trees do become hardwood trees once you remove the money - so if you keep them afterwards you do have hardwood trees to potentially get leaf eggs and cherry blossoms from.

only hardwood trees will spawn leaf eggs, and become cherry blossom trees during cherry blossom season.
Thank you! Mystery solved. Once I removed the money from my trees, I got leaf eggs (must not have had enough clear of money) and I have many blossoms!
Post automatically merged:

As Wailea pointed out, the leaf eggs only spawn on those trees that never bear fruit.

I think it's a little late to plant hardwood trees. If you don't have them and want it quick, I suggest going to a mystery island and dig up those trees and bring them back home.
Thank you for the idea! I had dug up one on a mystery island previously, but I got confused when I replanted it and it didn’t have leaf eggs. I should have harvested them first.
either way, I’ll be able to trade to Zipper too.
thank you for the help!

They did that because last year the Balloons were spawning like crazy. Its a good thing they are keeping it more balanced.

I would prefer it if the balloons spawned like that again because it was so much easier to get the items that way. Now, I play for about an hour and I only really see about 5 bunny day balloons.

I only hope the spawn rate for balloons and eggs goes up in the actual Bunny Day. Sky eggs, water eggs, and finding the rest of my missing Bunny Day recipes is going to be challenging.

Thanks for sharing this useful information! Does anyone here have an idea of how long Nook will sell Bunny Day furniture?

Only until April 4th. That is the last day of Bunny Day after all. The items can be bought out of season if you have it cataloged though.

I hope that Nook's will offer to sell me a Bunny Day planter box tomorrow then. It's the only item I am missing.

Do you know if we can time travel back to the start of bunny day? I've pretty much missed it this year due to working.
And Because i only started my Island last Saturday, I've not got the upgraded Nook's Cranny yet :(

I'm more excited for cherry blossom season so that I can catch all the petals again so that I can craft all the recipes I didn't get to do last year 😂

Back