• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Cicadas :l

katie.

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1827-3218-0503
Red Candy
Cake
Yellow Candy
Chocolate Cake
Its only the 1st July and the cicadas are ALREADY annoying me... anyone else?

Last edited:
I LOVE them. The noises they make are so natural. They make my town sound like the forest it is intended to be. I don't like their appearance, just the audio of them chirping.

Seeing as the real ones finally died off or left in real life, I am extremely annoyed instead of my usually excitement like in previous titles.

I don't mind them unless I'm trying to fish and one spawns near me and I cant hear anything else except it. I really need to hear when I fish, and the 3DSXL is so quiet to begin with.

They don't really bother me too much. Though perhaps it's a bit too early to tell, since it's only been the first day, haha.

I enjoyed catching cicadas and lizards as a child so I'm glad it's July already and I can hear the cicadas. As somebody said previously, I enjoy their ''natural'' sound and I find that they really add more atmosphere to the quiet New Leaf town, especially during the night as evening cicadas make a beautiful, almost eerie sound that can be heard echoing throughout the night.

Seeing as the real ones finally died off or left in real life, I am extremely annoyed instead of my usually excitement like in previous titles.

What do you mean? I still hear plenty of cicadas where I live. They aren't completely died out yet.
And to add to what everyone else is saying, I like the cicada sounds, but after a while they DO start to get a little annoying... :/

What do you mean? I still hear plenty of cicadas where I live. They aren't completely died out yet.
And to add to what everyone else is saying, I like the cicada sounds, but after a while they DO start to get a little annoying... :/
In my neck of the woods they've left. Haven't heard or seen them for nearly a week, much to my happiness. Guess I'll spend the next few weeks mostly on the island in New Leaf.

Lol I didn't even notice em. But i've just been catching and selling them

I find them really enjoyable. But then again I find them enjoyable in real life also.

Cicadas come out every 7 years or longer in real life. I love them

Actually,maybe its 17 years

Last edited:
They don't bother me. I don't mind the sounds they make and I enjoyed catching some for my museum. Now that I've caught some and donated them I don't really notice them at all.

Anyone catch the shell of one yet?? I have and when I first did I was like wtf?!

I'm in Oklahoma and they just came out here last week, so not that big of a deal for me to hear them in the game. I kind of like them. Makes it feel like its summer and hot out.

Back