Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

wolf = mafia

But mafia-ing sounds stupid, wolfing sounds better.

Hey Tessa! Yeah pings are silly on this site sometimes. I did get the ping, so it's so strange that from the exact same message, some will go through yet some won't.

wolf = mafia

But mafia-ing sounds stupid, wolfing sounds better.

Hey Tessa! Yeah pings are silly on this site sometimes. I did get the ping, so it's so strange that from the exact same message, some will go through yet some won't.
I haven't gotten notified for any for a couple months now. Its not a huge issue as I'm usually watching the thread anyway, but its ocassionally inconvenient. Mostly just hard to explain myself 😅

I haven't gotten notified for any for a couple months now. Its not a huge issue as I'm usually watching the thread anyway, but its ocassionally inconvenient. Mostly just hard to explain myself 😅
Very strange. I stopped getting them during the Camping event in the tent ping thread - I even stopped getting notifications for threads I was watching. Weirdly, as soon as the event ended, they went back to normal. Unless people are pinging me all over the site and I just don't know about it.

So anyway, the million dollar mafia question for you Tessa: did you finally get your wish of randing vanilla town? I remember you mentioning multiple times you wanted a non-PR game, so is this the one?

Very strange. I stopped getting them during the Camping event in the tent ping thread - I even stopped getting notifications for threads I was watching. Weirdly, as soon as the event ended, they went back to normal. Unless people are pinging me all over the site and I just don't know about it.

So anyway, the million dollar mafia question for you Tessa: did you finally get your wish of randing vanilla town? I remember you mentioning multiple times you wanted a non-PR game, so is this the one?

YES, It finally is!! Hoping for a peaceful game where I don't have to burden any responsibility.

@b100ming I would recommend copying and pasting the main information from the signups thread and putting it into this one so people remember the player list, EoD time, host-rules, and setup. And linking/quoting the official tbt mafia forum rules too.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like the voting thread is unlocked. 😆

Where is my random day 1 vote?

judge-judy-watch.gif

If there's no RVS I can make another RQS...

1)

67QWL2FZDY6LJB52JVPFNSWOPE.jpg

A or B

2) Shave your hair or lose your taste buds for five months?

3) Go to jail with bail or go to the hospital without insurance?

4) What is your Ennaegram personality type? https://www.truity.com/test/enneagram-personality-test

5) Alfredo or a Tomato-Based Sauce on your pasta tonight?

Last edited:
1. B
I would personally choose A because it looks hilarious, but the question is worded as what the dog would choose and I feel a dog would choose B for the sake of comfort and movement.
2. Taste buds. I don't want a bald head in the winter
3. Hospital without insurance. Bankruptcy is easier to deal with than a criminal record.
4. I think it said 9 but idk it was locked behind a paywall or smth but I think it said 9 in the result. And that quiz was absolute trash so I'm not taking it again.
5. Tomato. Alfredo is too rich to eat on a night where I can't lay around like a beached whale all the next day.

Ah crap the full results aren't free on that test and I can't edit a better link in. It shows 5 for me but not my wing.

I tried another quick one and got 5 again but no wing. Oh well we can at least find out our main types and look up what to that type is or something!

1) B. I have standards 🙄
2) Lose my tastebuds. I already have terrible covid long haul symptoms that change my taste, so I would trade my bad taste for no taste willingly.
3) Hospital without insurance, because I don't want a criminal record.
4) I took it once but I don't remember the results.
5) Alfredo sauce because as stated earlier my covid taste is weird so tomato sauce isn't my favorite.

@b100ming I would recommend copying and pasting the main information from the signups thread and putting it into this one so people remember the player list, EoD time, host-rules, and setup. And linking/quoting the official tbt mafia forum rules too.

Where is my random day 1 vote?

judge-judy-watch.gif

If there's no RVS I can make another RQS...

1)

67QWL2FZDY6LJB52JVPFNSWOPE.jpg

A or B

2) Shave your hair or lose your taste buds for five months?

3) Go to jail with bail or go to the hospital without insurance?

4) What is your Ennaegram personality type? https://www.truity.com/test/enneagram-personality-test

5) Alfredo or a Tomato-Based Sauce on your pasta tonight?

1) B- but with suspenders and a straw hat

2) Lose my taste buds, lose some weight, win-win

3) Jail with bail, been there done that (I was innocent and released the next day...).

4) Personality- I got a 5, but can't read the full report.

5) Pasta would be cheese tortellini with homemade alfredo.

https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test Best one so far try this one! Even though my result was basically inconclusive it said I was likely type 5 but if I take wings into account, 7w8!

Oh and my answers:

1) B
2) I would rather shave.
3) Hospital without insurance because I would force them to itemize the bill and if someone is responsible for my injury I would sue them to pay it off. People would want to kill me in jail because I have been in law enforcement and I don't know if I would have the money for bail.
4) Says 5 (The thinker) but 7w8 (Enthusiast w/ Challenger) idk both seem accurate.
5) Been really into Alfredo lately. Gonna be fat boy Fall...

Okay so it seems a fair number if us are here. Only note I have so far on actual content is that Misty and Tessa had an interaction and it's an age old 'hey friend did you finally flip vanilla town' moment and it's usually done by a friend to see another friend's reaction.

Misty I assume you liked Tessa's answer?

This isn't impossible theater to fake but I feel like if you were a wolf asking another wolf if they were town you wouldn't have needed to have that small banter beforehand in the thread since you'd have had somewhere else to do it. Not discounting w/w yet but it's like all that's happened.

Looking at this player list I feel like many aren't the type to cast the first stone. :/

Though I am not well studied on Misty's play style or whoever the mystery person is.

@b100ming can you reveal the mystery player now that the game has started?

Last edited:
https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test Best one so far try this one! Even though my result was basically inconclusive it said I was likely type 5 but if I take wings into account, 7w8!

Oh and my answers:

1) B
2) I would rather shave.
3) Hospital without insurance because I would force them to itemize the bill and if someone is responsible for my injury I would sue them to pay it off. People would want to kill me in jail because I have been in law enforcement and I don't know if I would have the money for bail.
4) Says 5 (The thinker) but 7w8 (Enthusiast w/ Challenger) idk both seem accurate.
5) Been really into Alfredo lately. Gonna be fat boy Fall...

Okay so it seems a fair number if us are here. Only note I have so far on actual content is that Misty and Tessa had an interaction and it's an age old 'hey friend did you finally flip vanilla town' moment and it's usually done by a friend to see another friend's reaction.

This isn't impossible theater to fake but I feel like if you were a wolf asking another wolf if they were town you wouldn't have needed to have that small banter beforehand in the thread since you'd have had somewhere else to do it. Not discounting w/w yet but it's like all that's happened.

Looking at this player list I feel like many aren't the type to cast the first stone. :/

Though I am not well studied on Misty's play style or whoever the mystery person is.

@b100ming can you reveal the mystery player now that the game has started?

I might be wrong on this, but I thought the mystery player was Ghost?

Do me a favor and only read the dethy my first game was embarrassing ahhh

I like it enough by day one standards. There's only one town PR this game so it's not like she could have said anything other than what she did. The only answer anyone should have in a setup like this is 'yep I rolled vanilla town, don't mind me' so it's easy enough to fake I suppose. If she'd been hedgy about it, she would have drawn attention to herself either as a potential mafioso for townies to chop or as a potential cop for mafia to target for the NK. I'm not town-locking her for that one answer by any means, but I'm willing to accept it on a surface level until more content is generated across the board.

I'm not a first stone caster by any means :s My first game had a lot of experienced people that took the reigns day one, and the second game was a dethy where we spent most of the day phases solving the logic puzzle and then just twiddling our thumbs until the next round of inspects came in. I'm just trying to have game-related interactions (even if they are a bit surface level) vs fluffy conversations to keep the game somewhat focused, from the logic of low content posts are still better than no content posts.

Idk maybe Bianca will come in and take a swing I know she sometimes posts later in the night around this time.

As for your thoughts on that interaction between you and Tessa...for all it's worth...well it's not worth a whole lot because it's fairly fakeable as we seem to agree. But since you want to surface-level townread it do you think she's markedly hedgier when wolfing compared to towning and that's why it feels better than something you may have seen from her in the past? Or is hedginess just a thing you find wolfy in a player in general?

You mentioned as a cop someone could be hedgey and bring attention to themselves so I am trying to understand your approach to like...surface-leveling that read.

Honestly (and I mean no offense Tessa .__.) the two games I saw Tessa play a wolf in (Prolonged Signups where I played with her and actually investigated her n1, and Baby Mafia which I spectated where she got vigged), she had a very chaotic, indiscriminately violent energy about day kills. She wasn't really hedgy about her own role when discussing it that I recall, but she was very opportunistic about pushing for miselims (well town didn't know they were miselims until after the fact but y'know what I mean right). Her energy was way different in the August game where she as the cop was pushing for no bloodshed day one and was a little more strategic about her votes. I imagine rolling wolf before ever rolling town could have been overwhelming and even I fell into the trap in the dethy of thinking to myself at times 'how do they not know it's me - it's so obvious they have to figure it out!' so like it's possible she overestimated how confident a townie can be when the only info they have is their own role PM and overcompensated on her pushes.

All this deep meta discussion to say that hedginess isn't really something I've personally seen out of Tessa's wolf play, but her wolf play I've seen was very early in her tbt mafia career and she's very likely improved since then esp after rolling a town-aligned role in the August game and getting a feel for the other side of the fence.

I don't think hedging is necessarily wolfy but it is pingy in a way that would make me want to solve the slot. I can see reasons for both town PR and mafia hedging, namely wanting to convincingly PR-claim without having a prior VT-claim biting them in the rear.

To simplify what you just said: the surface level read is meta but remains very light due to the fact that it's been a while and people improve.

My personal take on meta is that it's only as useful in two regards:

1) You and the other person know each other very very well in and out of a mafia game and you know the little things they do in response to a specific environment/pressure/argument/etc. For example if they're genuinely frustrated and you know that's how you've seen them react in situations when perhaps they were being honest but nobody was believing them or perhaps it's the opposite case of this example and you know they suddenly drop their guard and get cocky/leadery when nobody suspects they are lying anymore and they are. A more common example is that you know how a less hardworking player plays as mafia and they tend to find a way to progress onto their more hardworking partner's agenda to eliminate a specific townie and that's never improved upon no matter how many times they rand wolf.

And

2) You know what a person's range is. Generally this has to do with how good or bad that person is at acting like a townie or whatever or they are trying to fake claim. Or how much information being put in the thread is manageable by a wolf since the more information there is the more they have to remember and be accountable for in order to correctly manipulate. Or it's as simple as they post more as either alignment for one reason another. And yes some people do post more as a wolf than a townie, that's still a range.

Anyways I am yammering on and we're looking at such a small and insignificant moment here but it sounds to me like your meta read applies to #1. If you go beyond surface with it, of course I'd need a meta case study and why the situations are similar enough. I feel like the more we talk about it though the more wary a wolf Tessa would be about her own meta and absolutely not act "violent" like that as a wolf here no matter what happens lol.

"she had a very chaotic, indiscriminately violent energy about day kills" is such a hilariously worded statement I almost -have- to read the context now 😂

Back