Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

GhostKid is back?! Hype! @Ghostkid welcome back to mafia dude!

I remember Ghostkid...Is he the same Ghost that is blooming's brother?
Post automatically merged:

All I see so far are typical first day activity. We haven't even heard from the rest of the players. I am just curious how long is the phase for this game (typical 48/24?) and we are ending 4 PM EST correct?

Okay so it seems a fair number if us are here. Only note I have so far on actual content is that Misty and Tessa had an interaction and it's an age old 'hey friend did you finally flip vanilla town' moment and it's usually done by a friend to see another friend's reaction.

Misty I assume you liked Tessa's answer?

This isn't impossible theater to fake but I feel like if you were a wolf asking another wolf if they were town you wouldn't have needed to have that small banter beforehand in the thread since you'd have had somewhere else to do it. Not discounting w/w yet but it's like all that's happened.

I just see it as a friendly banter so its too early to tell. But I do agree this seems just an innocent townie/townie interaction. Mafia I think would choose to be on the sly and not make a lot of attention to their posts.

Last edited:
@Geoni I agree with you that we're getting a little too in-depth about a meta read that doesn't even apply to this situation lol. Tessa's really the only person I've played with (outside of the one day Sheep Villager subbed into the dethy just to be my night kill sorry Sheep) so she's the only person I have experience with at least trying to read in a game setting before. I'm aight with dropping the meta discussion, I think I got my point across that I'm fairly null on Tessa (like everyone else so far) but I did like that she engaged with me about the game a little bit.

Welcome to the thread @Biancasbotique ! Yeah, I believe it's 48/24 and that b100ming said the first day would last until 4pm EDT Friday and then night one would go from 4pm Friday to 3pm Saturday to get back on the intended schedule.

EBWOP (like *I am about* everyone else so far)

realized after the fact I could have worded that better. It's 2am I think I should get to bed

I remember Ghostkid...Is he the same Ghost that is blooming's brother?

All I see so far are typical first day activity. We haven't even heard from the rest of the players. I am just curious how long is the phase for this game (typical 48/24?) and we are ending 4 PM EST correct?

I just see it as a friendly banter so its too early to tell. But I do agree this seems just an innocent townie/townie interaction. Mafia I think would choose to be on the sly and not make a lot of attention to their posts.

Oh right we had that debacle in another thread about not doing a host decision that would help their bro if he turns out to be a day 1 tied wagon, derp if I @ the wrong person...do play mafia again tho if you see this GhostKid!

I think that's a good place to look at if I come back this evening and see that there's still no real arguments or pushes as I of course feel that mafia can slide by day 1 easily given our recent day 1 history these past few games and come in pushing an agenda only if they actually need to.

I hate resorting to tone and entries to the game as means to try and find a wolf alone that can sometimes work but in cases where it had worked I still had more to go off than an amount of posts I can count on one hand and would prefer to attempt a towncore. I think very often the issue on day 1 is that discussion doesn't get out there fast enough and everyone isn't pressured to say what they think about every player in the game before end of day 1 so we can see progression.

I am conscious again.
I'll take a proper look at what happened during my stay in the void once the noggin wakes up a bit. I don't see any pings in the voting thread so I doubt anything super spicy happened.

Shockingly I have no grand revelations after reading the thread since there's not much to read. The Tessa/Misty thing could be theatre just as well as it could be town given how shallow of an interaction it was. Not much to say on that, nor do I see too much point in dwelling on it rn.

RQS-
1. B. The purpose of pants is to cover your rear, not your legs.

2. Tastebuds can go. I'm far too lazy for wigs.

3. I'll take the jail as a change of scenery after recent events in my life. Plus they'll get tired of me eventually and kick me out.

4. Research indicates I do have a personality, yes.

5. Alfredo because getting caught with red substances on you during this game is sketchy.

Checking in this morning, busy day so will be back on later this afternoon. But I've been thinking of strategy/how to avoid miseliminations when there isn't much to go on, and have a question about that. If we accidentally eliminate the cop, will we know it? As in, will we be informed of this when the alignment is revealed?

Checking in this morning, busy day so will be back on later this afternoon. But I've been thinking of strategy/how to avoid miseliminations when there isn't much to go on, and have a question about that. If we accidentally eliminate the cop, will we know it? As in, will we be informed of this when the alignment is revealed?

It depends on what the host has set as a rule. I don't think anyone has asked about it yet so.

@b100ming Are roles are revealed on death?

I will say I think roles being revealed is more normal as far as I've seen.
I can only think of one exception recently on here and even then the flips would be announced - just a few days late.

For some reason I wasn’t getting notified.

For the questions I think that B is correct.

I would shave my hair bald because I was already going to do it,

Go to jail with bail,

I don’t like sauce.

Last edited:
For some reason I wasn’t getting notified.

For the questions I think that B is correct.

I would shave my hair bald because I was already going to do it,

Go to jail with bail,

I don’t like sauce.

It seems common to not get notifications. I know outside the game, if I respond to someone, I'll "like" their post, which usually results in notification. But in-game, liking every post isn't really a good idea, lol.

Honestly (and I mean no offense Tessa .__.) the two games I saw Tessa play a wolf in (Prolonged Signups where I played with her and actually investigated her n1, and Baby Mafia which I spectated where she got vigged), she had a very chaotic, indiscriminately violent energy about day kills.

None taken! Though in my defense those were my first two games... I'm trying to get more experience now. Also I can't stop laughing about how descriptive you worded my violence😂

Busy morning for because I'll be at school, so don't expect me to be very active. I might be a little during lunch.

Last edited:
It depends on what the host has set as a rule. I don't think anyone has asked about it yet so.

@b100ming Are roles are revealed on death?

I will say I think roles being revealed is more normal as far as I've seen.
I can only think of one exception recently on here and even then the flips would be announced - just a few days late.
Yes they will

GhostKid is back?! Hype! @Ghostkid welcome back to mafia dude!
No it’s my brother. Ghost08. He’s having difficulties with the email bit of registration, but it should be fixed by today.

He just got a phone, and we ordered it after I’d posted sign ups and I was ecstatic because he’d never played forum mafia OR irl mafia, and my game was running low on sign ups. We would’ve started earlier if the local T-Mobiles had had the model he was getting, but we had to order it. And my parents haven’t hooked up his email yet, but my dad said “we’ll do that soon” so hopefully it will happen today.

Last edited:
He just got a phone, and we ordered it after I’d posted sign ups and I was ecstatic because he’d never played forum mafia OR irl mafia, and my game was running low on sign ups. We would’ve started earlier if the local T-Mobiles had had the model he was getting, but we had to order it. And my parents haven’t hooked up his email yet, but my dad said “we’ll do that soon” so hopefully it will happen today.

I think this post has a townie town feel to it :p lol ... kidding aside, i hope you get your phone today!

Touching on this briefly. There isn't much that can be done to avoid miseliminating the cop d1 if there isn't anything obviously wolf-y happening. The only 100% safe way is no elimination... and well. No elimination d1 isn't a particularly good idea as it gives us no further information re: wagons, flips and such. Basically it risks turning d2 in to well, d1 version 2.0. We'd also have the cop miselimination risk d2 as well at that point (if n1 mafia miss) & the cop can't exactly say they're the cop.

I bring this up in advance since the no elim talk d1 is -at least to me- exhausting and done to death and I want to speed past it if at all possible. I know your first game was the last one so I'm saying all this in advance in case you wind up thinking about the no elim path. If this was already talked about last game (or you already knew), sorry for being redundant!

Not a lot happened since last night it seems. Still lots of mechanics talk.
Kinda liking Betsy's tone here, but liking Betsy's tone is what got town into trouble last game (oops there I go meta-ing again). But in general I like the sort of... tacit acceptance of an elimination being an inevitability and wanting to handle them strategically. It was pretty consistent with her post on the first page in our little back and forth about the voting thread being locked after the game started where she walked through the strategy of taking a closer look at people who hop on early wagons built on memes and pokes rather than serious suspicion. This could all be performative on her part since I know how she treated wolf chat vs the thread last time, but I'm getting some very slight vibes that she doesn't have anywhere else besides the game thread to talk through this stuff.
Touching on this briefly. There isn't much that can be done to avoid miseliminating the cop d1 if there isn't anything obviously wolf-y happening. The only 100% safe way is no elimination... and well. No elimination d1 isn't a particularly good idea as it gives us no further information re: wagons, flips and such. Basically it risks turning d2 in to well, d1 version 2.0. We'd also have the cop miselimination risk d2 as well at that point (if n1 mafia miss) & the cop can't exactly say they're the cop.

I bring this up in advance since the no elim talk d1 is -at least to me- exhausting and done to death and I want to speed past it if at all possible. I know your first game was the last one so I'm saying all this in advance in case you wind up thinking about the no elim path. If this was already talked about last game (or you already knew), sorry for being redundant!
Dan and Volt shut down the 'no ewim? 👉 👈' stuff pretty quick last game lol. I do agree though that we should resign ourselves to enough of us voting for an elim that one will happen (not ruling out an odd duck stubbornly parking a vote on no elim and leaving it there, but I can't see it being the majority opinion here like it was in Baby Mafia) and trying our best to avoid a ton of LHF townies in the voting pool at the end of the day. That seems to be the biggest issue with the rands and the miselims - not knowing whether play is bad because mafia or bad because bad.

Anyway more important question for you, Villager of Indeterminate Species, are you actually a wolf in Sheep's clothing?

Dan and Volt shut down the 'no ewim? 👉 👈' stuff pretty quick last game lol. I do agree though that we should resign ourselves to enough of us voting for an elim that one will happen (not ruling out an odd duck stubbornly parking a vote on no elim and leaving it there, but I can't see it being the majority opinion here like it was in Baby Mafia) and trying our best to avoid a ton of LHF townies in the voting pool at the end of the day. That seems to be the biggest issue with the rands and the miselims - not knowing whether play is bad because mafia or bad because bad.

Anyway more important question for you, Villager of Indeterminate Species, are you actually a wolf in Sheep's clothing?

Ma'am please it's very rude to revoke ones species like that, smh.

I was unaware the no-vote stuff was discussed last game so thanks for the info. I was pretty out of it for all the early events so I had no idea.

There also hasn't been a lot of LHF activity going around so I take it you just mean new players existing?

Ma'am please it's very rude to revoke ones species like that, smh.

I was unaware the no-vote stuff was discussed last game so thanks for the info. I was pretty out of it for all the early events so I had no idea.

There also hasn't been a lot of LHF activity going around so I take it you just mean new players existing?
Sorry Sheep. Gots to ask the tough questions to get the tough answers.

Not necessarily new players, no. Just depending on how late in the day phase we get with activity remaining limited, people without much thread presence - either few posts in general or just fluffy/mechanic question posts for the sake of looking like they're posting (which I'm not calling anyone out yet bc there were some mechanics questions that did need to be answered) - become LHF by default. And by 'bad because mafia or bad because bad' I meant that it can be difficult to parse whether they're avoiding the thread because they're a wolf afraid of giving themselves away, or because they're town and just uncomfortable/unengaged.

(and by bad I am in no way attacking people personally. Bad plays =/= bad players. There are a million reasons for bad plays - trying a new strategy that doesn't work for you, not vibing with the thread, wonky scheduling preventing you from getting real-time interactions, irl concerns, etc... - that in no way means you're bad at the game or that you should never play again! Every game is a fresh start to try again and try something new)

Oh I understand the difficulty w/ d1 decisions, and wasn't thinking of a no elimination. And yes, the pros/cons were covered pretty well last game, and there was only one person on the no elim side of things. I think even if it's a miselim, it's the only chance for town to strike mafia, so has to be done.
I was just wondering whether we'd know it if we accidentally eliminated the cop, as it could make it very difficult not knowing. Glad b100ming said yes on that.

Not a lot happened since last night it seems. Still lots of mechanics talk.

Kinda liking Betsy's tone here, but liking Betsy's tone is what got town into trouble last game (oops there I go meta-ing again). But in general I like the sort of... tacit acceptance of an elimination being an inevitability and wanting to handle them strategically. It was pretty consistent with her post on the first page in our little back and forth about the voting thread being locked after the game started where she walked through the strategy of taking a closer look at people who hop on early wagons built on memes and pokes rather than serious suspicion. This could all be performative on her part since I know how she treated wolf chat vs the thread last time, but I'm getting some very slight vibes that she doesn't have anywhere else besides the game thread to talk through this stuff.

You are correct. I'm the only one I know who plays this game irl so I'm stuck looking through online "how to" sites. The main problem is it seems to be all dependent on the host/ forum/ players. So can be frustrating.

My goals this game are to get plenty of communication going when I'm on, as I think it makes it more obvious when people try to slide by without any. Also, the more a person says, the more opportunity for error.

Also, as my first non-wolf game, I dunno what is good or bad strategy. But I do know that being called out into the spotlight as wolf was VERY uncomfortable. So I'm going to be RVing people just to poke and get reactions. Otherwise it seems like we just sit here and randomly guess, with no information.

##vote: Droqen

Because you're way too quiet after being very active last game as town....

Maybe just busy irl? Maybe not....

Last edited:
#vote: Droqen

Because you're way too quiet after being very active last game as town....

Maybe just busy irl? Maybe not....

How dare!!!

I checked in way earlier but didn't know what to say and just came back to check in and see if things were happening... D1 is very disorienting... I only really got things started last game by jumping on Damniel's fun wagon, but I obviously can't hop on this fun wagon! I'm going to answer Geoni's qs and see if I have any chaotic D1 reads.

1) Dogs in pants... everyone knows the true purpose of pants is to hide your butt, so the answer is B. A is more like backless overalls.

2) Shave my hair.

3) I live in Canada, so definitely hospital without insurance. Lucky lucky.

4) I will do this when Betsy doesn't have me under the gun :eek:

5) Tomato. I am lactose intolerant. Actually, that's not the reason. I just don't like Alfredo that much. (maybe i've jkust never had a good one?)

actually i have a quick q: with the town having a cop, is it better to no-vote or random-vote d1? it seems like with mountainous the only way to get more information is to indiscriminately murder, but when we have some limited power to get information, is it better to prolong the game?

Last edited:
Back