• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Cryptid Creek (Crystal Ballers and Buzzy Bees Cabins)

Screenshot:
2021082316431400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name:
Iceburg Yeti
Behaviors:
Inquisitive, Suspicious
Size:
8ft Tall
Habitat:
Iceburgs, the Arctic
Expedition Notes:
While on an ice-fishing run, I noticed that some of my catch kept mysteriously disappearing in the night. At first I thought it was probably a seal getting into the supply, but this morning I caught the culprit in the act! A huge white yeti was looking thoughtfully at my setup, and had already raided what was left of my last catch. Needless to say, I sped away by boat as soon as I got the chance! I wasn't risking myself after seeing the size and power of the Iceburg Yeti first hand!
Island Map (proof):
2021082317014300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D2.jpg

07377905-0157-481D-9765-7DA614FCCD25.jpeg

Name: The Grin Sheeper
Behaviours: sly, agile, nocturnal, feeds on young children, irrational fear of carrots
Size: 3ft tall
Habitat: Playgrounds/Parks

Expedition notes:
Grin Sheepers can survive on peaceful diets of pure sugar but prefer the thrill of the hunt + the flavour of children.

I arrived just in time to warn this child of the approaching danger. Luckily I had a bunch of carrots packed in my bag which I whipped out and threw in the Grin Sheeper’s direction. It let out a blood curdling scream, folded itself into a ball and rolled away.

Although physically unharmed, the child was left traumatised.

877D87A1-A1D3-4C6A-BC5F-B3281FF92D90.jpeg

My Cryptid Find

Screenshot:
96ADD125-C5AA-40AA-BA5A-D501149411F8.jpeg

Name: Ursa Ratched RN

Behaviors: Complete sociopath that is extremely cunning and devoid of empathy.

Size: 3ft 6in

Habitat: Caves and Abandoned Ruins in deep forested areas

Expedition Notes: I was tracking a rare kappa that seemed to be looking for something when I came upon a hidden doorway under a wall of ivy. I ventured in trying to contain my excitement but that feeling almost immediately turned into intense horror when I saw what seemed to be rows upon rows of altered animal skins hanging from the walls. As quietly as I could tiptoe, I ventured to the end of the hallway that had numerous plants all surrounding what could only be described as a torture room. The room appeared to be set up as a surgical lab type room also equipped with equipment for sewing alterations. Completely sick to my stomach, I trepidatiously peeked in and discovered a beautiful bear cub dressed in a nurses uniform decapitating a kappa with a well worn axe!!!!

Island Map (proof):
682D1442-43AF-406A-A444-EFDB7881744C.jpeg

Screenshot:
cryptid_creek_entry_by_valzed_deppk9t-pre.jpg

Name:
House Panther
Behaviors: Constantly craves to be fashionable, must live in luxury
Size: 2 feet
Habitat: Stylish homes
Expedition Notes:

As I observed the mysterious House Panther in her native habitat, she seemed to get quite excited by the images in front of her. Knowing the House Panther can become violently enraged if caught looking even the tiniest but unfashionable I could only hope I was blending into my surroundings. House Panthers are amazingly intelligent... so much so that it's unnerving. They are beautiful, graceful and terrifying creatures. I feel honored to be this one's presence.

Island Map (proof):
town_map_8_23_2001_by_valzed_deppk9y-pre.jpg

I am currently villager hunting so I only have 9 villagers right now.

239855735_10219656274652527_5871180665490004900_n.jpg

Name: Tako-ushi Alien
Behaviors: Very cheerful, seems friendly
Size: ~150cm
Habitat: The planet Zuckerbarr
Expedition Notes: On my travels through space, I decided to stop by the planet Zuckerbarr to see if I could spot the elusive Tako-ushi alien, rumoured to have takoyaki head and salmon sushi body. As I drove my rover around looking for signs of life, a tinkling sound and the sight of sparkles drifting through the air caught my attention! As I approached, I caught sight of the Zuckerbarr, the first real sighting in decades!! The sparkles it blew from it's snout floated up to the sky, forming the stars, so that's where stars come from!

239931271_10219656274412521_2909894923127141208_n.jpg

Screenshot:
1629766312335.png

Name: Dessicatus cuniculus
Behaviors: leeching moisture, blind but incredibly nimble
Size: Three skulls tall
Habitat: Causes desertification to the surrounding areas; typically arid / dry deserts

Expedition Notes: After playing one too many rounds of "Truth or Dare", I've learned my mistake: gotta go with TRUTH; I can't believe I traversed the spooky tunnel to end up in this hidden desert lair. A cute bloodthirsty creature is sapping the life and moisture from everything while guarding her nest. The remains of campers before me litter the ground-- some have even been caged. I've donned this skull in the hopes that she won't sense me, but it's hard to tell with these fogged-up glasses. If I make it out alive, I'm daring @Pyoopi to go in next.

Island Map (proof):
1629775624126.png

Screenshot:
IMG_5320.JPG

Name: Unquenchable Rooster
Behaviors: Predatory, persistent and deadly
Size: 4 ft
Habitat: Abandoned village along the mountainside
Expedition Notes: I followed the rumors of a large, black and purple rooster recently being spotted in a well-known, abandoned village along the mountainside. Around 6 pm, I saw movement among the trees and began to run when we made eye contact. In my desperation, I foolishly ran into the first abandoned building that I saw. I realized my mistake when I saw various pelt, bones, and evidence of someone living in this building. The Unquenchable Rooster already had a vantage point for two of the possible exits; so I had to venture deeper into the building until I found another exit.
Island Map (proof):
IMG_5327.JPG

3344-E7-C2-1-EFC-4-EED-A196-4-F57444-A63-F3.jpg
FFA37580-4-DBD-4-E9-D-9730-B5-B2-AF642-D00.jpg

Name: The Silent Killer
Behaviours: makes no sounds other than honking, silent footprints, can tell it’s preys biggest fear
Size: 4 Feet Tall
Habitat: Hides inside the walls of houses
Expedition notes: Was observed after being found in the walls of a villager who had called pest control. Subject is known to be incredibly dangerous and should be avoided at all costs, He was responsible for local wildlife killings and robberies. Makes an terrifying honking sound in order to strike fear into its victims, seems to have taken the appearance of a clown. The “tear mark” is present because he has killed previously.

Screenshot:
image0 (1).jpeg

Name: The Invisible Amphibi-Man
Behaviors: Expert hider, but very vocal
Size: ??? (But estimated at 4ft)
Habitat: Swamp

Expedition Notes:
While trekking through the wetlands, I was startled by a sudden loud croaking. I looked around for an hour, but could only spot some webbed footprints in the mud. The croaking grew louder and louder, until I could now make out what sounded like words: "Dang kids... always stepping on my lawn... back in my day... knew respect..." I take many photos of my surroundings in the hopes that the photo-enhancement team back at Camp Bell Tree can detect the elusive creature.

image0 (2).jpeg

B468BF8F-DBEA-4CCA-8C09-8B092F7F101A.jpeg

Name: Ursae catalus arcus
Behaviors: Looks deceptively cute and cuddly but is a predatory killer
Size: 2 ft tall
Habitat: In the deepest darkest forest, surrounded by swampland

Expedition Notes I went on a very dangerous undercover expedition to track down a very rare rainbow coloured bear. She had been spotted in the area where i set up camp. Although very cynical of it‘s existance I stayed up all night waiting. Although I heard some animal noises and rustling the rare creature was not to be found on this trip. I sadly returned home defeated but happy that I had been proved right. The great rainbow bear doesn’t exist! (what do you mean she is behind you?? 😂)
DD1AB072-FA93-46BF-BB9F-E7A8B1D7FDB1.jpeg

A6D476DD-0465-4B59-8B41-93819FB8C687.jpeg

Name: the white buttontail
Behaviors: playful, but lacking in empathy. bound to the ring and can not leave it
Size: the size of a regular rabbit on its hind legs
Habitat: forest glades, hiding near mushrooms (faerie rings)

Expedition Notes:
i was foraging some time ago and happened upon a mushroom grove. a strange sprite with long ears appeared from an area encircled by white mushrooms. it didn’t look like a faerie, but it certainly behaved like one.

the basic rule for dealing with these tricksters, is to make absolutely no eye contact and to stand as still as possible, lest you should become transformed into a spore stalk yourself.

i could hear the buttontail hop around as if it were dancing, and ignored the beckons and taunts it made before it finally lost interest and vanished.
CF06B4DE-9267-486E-9D20-89A50F25FD93.jpeg

Are you able to solve the riddle of the Fruit-gineer?

Screenshot:
fruitgineer.jpg

Name:
Fruit-gineer (pronounced like Fruit + Engineer)
Behaviors:
Confounds wary wanderers with fruit-based puzzles that block their progress to the temple's treasure room
Size:
Approximately the same size as the popular AC villager, Marina
Habitat:
Deep temples within oceanic ridges
Expedition Notes:

I came across a crossroads of sorts...
What started as an innocent scuba journey off the coast of DawnShore, became a riddle-filled adventure through crystalline caves and this temple's grand hall. I can count 16 possible archways to travel through. 2 are marked by cherry lights and wedding bands. Each corner of the room is marked by a lava lamp and floor light. Nearby, are oversized apples and pears of different types. There are so many nuances to this room, I know they must be trying to point me somewhere. But this... this "Fruit-gineer" (the only word she appears to be muttering) has not made things easy for me... I think I'll take the door next to the green apple. Wish me luck.

Island Map (proof):
tmap.jpg

Screenshot:
E9hnr4pVkAwpbfH

Name: Wild Mousse
Behaviors: eating, sleeping, smiling, talking to the ground
Size: 5ft
Habitat: picnics, backyard barbecues, outdoor cafes
Expedition Notes:
A sweet natured, light and fluffy creature found hovering near picnics, backyard barbecues, and outdoor cafes. Upon seeing food its eyes grow larger and it's stomach begins to roar. Choose to feed it and you will be rewarded with sparkling eyes and warm snuggles. After eating the creature will without a doubt fall into a deep slumber, and can only be awoken by the roaring of it's own stomach when it's time for the next meal.
Island Map (proof):
E9hnr5OVcAAJUzJ

Beware of the werewolf!
Screenshot:
IMG_20210825_210139.jpg

Name: Werewolf
Behaviors: Cranky, sneaky, and scary!
Size: 7ft
Habit: The mountains at night
Expedition notes:
Beware, whatever you do, don't go hiking in the mountains at night! A werewolf has been spotted, and it's hungry! Feeding it steak will probably get it to warm up to you, but running is recommended. And if you hear it howling at the moon, be careful, as it will turn into an even bigger werewolf that steak won't be able to calm down!
IMG_20210824_120153.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_1470.JPG

Name: Domomo
Behaviors: Addicted to protein, aggressive tendencies, always hungry, lurker
Size: 2 ft
Habitat: In historic section of Shōgunworld on Westworld
Expedition Notes:
Went hunting late at night and found the creature lurking in one of the rooms in the historic district. I've heard rumors from other villagers of this creature appearing at night in these halls. Creature is fluffy and aggressive. I couldn't see him at first as he was hidden and blended in amongst the wall of masks until he hissed at me. I threw a protein bar at him, which he inhaled and cried for more, as I ran off.

IMG_1469.JPG

received_2275656639232024.jpeg

Name: The four horned goat
Behaviors: Bringer of Autumn. Wanders through the forest at night, suffers from insomnia. Enjoys staring and judging silently which causes cold chills to suddenly appear. Sharpens horns on tree trunks. Makes leaves fall.
Size: 4'5"
Habitat: lives deep in the forest
Expedition Notes: Many campers say that the four horned goat is the bringer of Autumn. He goes around sharpening his horns on tree trunks which cause leaves to fall. You know he's close by when you feel a sudden chill in the air. I have yet to see this elusive goat and wonder if he's nearby.
received_888905788419455.jpeg

Screenshot:
2021082418495900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name:
Seaside Snack Snatcher
Behaviors: Always hungry. Emits low growls (is it aggressive or is that just its tummy?)
Size: Just tall enough to peer over the edges of counters, approx 3ft.
Habitat: Seaside, hides among sand dunes waiting to pounce on unassuming beach food festivals
Expedition Notes: First sighted emerging from the nearby sand dunes when the sweet scent of takoyaki filled the air. Specimen appears to camoflauge itself based on the variety of snacks available at the current event, hence its takoyaki-like appearance and faint scent of cooked dough at this sighting. Creature was caught in the act of reaching for a fresh plate of takoyakis that were purchased for the purpose of this expedition in order to lure it out (certainly not to fill the explorer's empty stomach.. no sir). It succeeded and ran off with the takoyakis not long after this proof was taken, leaving the poor explorer hungry and takoyaki-less. Beware of unattended snacks and beverages, you never know when a Seaside Snack Snatcher could be lurking to steal it...
2021082419055900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2021082500360500_s edit.jpg

Name: Woodlands Guardian
Behaviors: Keeping a watchful eye over her forest, performing rituals to ensure its safety and prosperity.
Size: May vary, up to 9 ft. tall.
Habitat: While the entire forest is her home, she can only be seen in clearings on the night of a full moon.

Expedition Notes: A primordial entity that protects the woods. Records of her vary and suggest that her true form is indeterminate and unknowable, but it's said that she often takes the form of a bipedal white deer crowned by a halo. Humans may observe her rituals by adorning a veil or mask, venturing into the woods during a full moon, extinguishing any man-made light, and following a trail of white flowers that glow with an unnatural light. When you reach the clearing, an offering of fruits, vegetables, seeds, or the like must be presented. At the ritual's close (or if your offering wasn't accepted), close your eyes and walk forwards exactly 50 paces; when you open your eyes, you'll find yourself back at the forest's edge.

2021082500380200_s edit.jpg

Back