• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Currently Playing?

I've been playing Blasphemous lately! I'm enjoying it a lot~

^Thinking about getting that sometime! Not sure...I do like Metroidvanias!

Death Stranding

This game isn't so bad (sunny skies, no rain and i get to drive my stolen truck in peace)
+
+
+
o <--- I am here
+
I hate this game so much (can't drive no goddamn car and ink monsters try to pull down my pants and steal my luggage)

harvest moon a new beginning 3D, its a lot of fun and im really enjoying it, its ncie and relaxing

Last edited:
Sonic Rush Adventure, Pokemon Pearl, GTA 5, Sonic Forces, Luigi's Mansion 3, and New Leaf!

Pokemon Pearl! First Pokemon game ever, and I got my hands on it pretty cheap, so I get to relive being little baby me! Its kinda weird that I'm playing it now too I mean- I was like 4 when I first played it. 17 now, almost an adult, graduating school this year. It's just wacky.

I was playing Sonic Heroes for 2 hours last night and oh my god I still love that game so much! Its slippery handling and all!

Overwatch mostly. I recently beat Death Stranding but now I’m trying to plat the game. Playing through Inquisition again as well. I love the Dragon Age story so much!

Last edited:
Bouncing between Stardew Valley on Switch and FFXIV on PS4. But I'm playing FFXIV right now.

Pocket Camp, and got back into FEH lately even though it's.. bad lol. I mean it sure has developed for the better since I last touched it but yeah those pity rates when you get a green 5* axe person on a seasonal banner : DDD

I've been trying to clear my backlog still. I finished Va-11 Hall-a recently, now I'm onto A Hat in Time.
Hopefully I can get that done before the end of the month.

Last edited:
Finished the single player content for Luigi's Mansion 3. Enjoyed it, but left the optional content like Boo's alone since from the few I did they didn't seem much (if any) more challenging than most of the regular ghost encounters. More like just some extra fluff content to add gameplay time.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles 2 again since I dropped it after a couple hours last time...And damn, I remember why I dropped it now.

I loved the first game and loved X, but I'm really struggling to get into this one and baffled to the high praise it gets, just constantly hoping "it will get better in an hour, right?"

Firstly the art style. It's just a typical generic bland anime art style. It doesn't stand out, it's just a typical forgettable style. The artstyle of the other two games weren't absolutely brilliant, but they didn't negatively stand out to me either...Environments still look awesome though.

Cutscenes. Damn, the cutscenes. I've got 4 hours on the clock and I would say I've literally only been actually playing the game for 30-45 minutes. It's excessive even for a JRPG and so far, very badly told. "Show, don't tell" is obviously something the writers haven't heard before since it's mostly just exposition and telling the player stuff they could quite have easily done through natural story progression.

Anime tropes? Got those by the ton!!! Again, the other two games had some tropes but more far between. The first game especially had a super typical ending and X had giant robots. This though just hits about every nail on the head though from writing cliches, dialogue, character archetypes, music choice. I feel I've seen this before in about 32 other animes I've seen but weren't good enough to actually remember the names of. I think it really hit home how massively cliched everything is when Rex vomited out one of his combat dialogues, "we'll do this, WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!".

The.
Power.
Of.
F'ing.
Friendship.

I honestly couldn't believe I heard that and my housemate who was literally sat next to the TV searched it on Youtube to make sure we didn't mishear that...Which we didn't need to do since they repeat dialogue so often it's infuriating. Can the characters shut up for like just 2 seconds?

And tutorials. F'in tutorials. Everywhere, as far as the eye can see. It even does that classic tutorial of telling you how to move which requires you to actually move before it pops up. It's all long winded, constant and it never gives you the opportunity to really learn what it's just told you before throwing more at you or taking control away from you for another 20 minutes of cutscene where I've inevitably forgotten the 12 new things its just told me.

There's a tutorial on what a clock does.

I understand the need for written tutorials in a game like this. It's not Mario, the mechanics are deeper and the majority of people aren't going to be able to fully work it out themselves naturally through just 'playing the game', but this is ridiculous.

I don't understand the praise so far. I really hope that changes since I loved the other two games but so far, it's such a slog to keep playing.

Back