• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Customising the house exterior

Yeah, i'm not sure if I'm right, but was it confirmed there would be DLC?

Yes, holiday-exclusive things :)

If DLC was ever confirmed, I never heard anything about it, though I assume it would be and Ithink it would be cool to get exterior house designs through DLC.

I really want that dresser, and the lamp in the top right. :)
yeah, I think i will like this store a lot

I wonder if you can unlock certain exteriors from streetpass....
I hope you can, but i hope you cant. street pass doens't exist in australia

I wanna make my house look like a haunted mansion..
I wanna make mine look like a snow castle.
possibilities are endless

Yeah, i'm not sure if I'm right, but was it confirmed there would be DLC?

Yes, holiday-exclusive things :)
It hasn't actually been said in black and white, but there is an article somewhere which has lead to there might not be, as it said something like most of the content will be in the game already.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm right, but was it confirmed there would be DLC?
I am pretty sure Iwata said that AC: 3DS would not have it, but I don't remember him saying it was a bad idea. I think he said it would be incorporated in the next installment, though.

I am pretty sure Iwata said that AC: 3DS would not have it, but I don't remember him saying it was a bad idea. I think he said it would be incorporated in the next installment, though.

WHAT! I want DLC so bad, could you please try to find the video he said this?

Why doesn't Streetpass exist in Australia? It HAS to exist. I don't get what you mean, Bidoof.

he was being sarcastic but there's a hint of truth in there as well. It's true I walk around with my 3ds sometimes to shopping malls and at the end of the day theres only 1 or none. Australia isn't like japan, not many people here own a 3ds let alone walk around with it.

err he didn't say that. And when did he say it was going to be incorporated in the next instalment? It's not even really a ground breaking feature, it's already seen on city folk so get your facts straight. The 3ds version would obviously get dlc, there's no doubt about that. anyway Iwata already commented about it saying that the game might rely on add on content but the majority of the content would already be in the game. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120427/05.html ctrl+f it if you don't believe me.

Why doesn't Streetpass exist in Australia? It HAS to exist. I don't get what you mean, Bidoof.

Pretty much what Unique said.
I've had my 3DS for over a year now and I legit take it everywhere I go, and I only have 3 street passes

err he didn't say that. And when did he say it was going to be incorporated in the next instalment? It's not even really a ground breaking feature, it's already seen on city folk so get your facts straight. The 3ds version would obviously get dlc, there's no doubt about that. anyway Iwata already commented about it saying that the game might rely on add on content but the majority of the content would already be in the game. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120427/05.html ctrl+f it if you don't believe me.

Thank you! I knew I heard it was confirmed somewhere. And anyways, if they had it on CF, why not have in AC3DS?

Thank you! I knew I heard it was confirmed somewhere. And anyways, if they had it on CF, why not have in AC3DS?

Yeah, it mostly likely will be added, though we might not start getting DLCs until a few months into the release which is fine because DLC isn't a major thing I need to buy the game.

Thank you for clearing that up. I remember him saying that somewhere because he never gave a definite answer (but it will most likely be like CF). Thanks for correcting me, my mistake for the partially-false rumor. And when I said Iwata said it might be in the next, I was a bit of. Katsuya Eguchi (the creator of the series and someone helping creating the Wii U) said that he liked the Miiverse and might incorporate that in the next installment, and he might offer more DLC or something.

Last edited:
I still dont see the big deal about DLC.

Sure, I'd love to see DLC in the game, it's nice, but i'm not bothered if it's in the game or not.
It's like Animal Tracks, if they put it in, great, if they dont, still great.
I'm neutral to the idea.

I still dont see the big deal about DLC.

Sure, I'd love to see DLC in the game, it's nice, but i'm not bothered if it's in the game or not.
It's like Animal Tracks, if they put it in, great, if they dont, still great.
I'm neutral to the idea.

Honestly I want it, because it adds to the lasting appeal, I am sorta neutral about it, but I am more leaning towards wanting it cause it just adds to the lasting appeal getting people to go on for it, even if it's just a few days a month.

I want it because it adds more to the game. For example, Professor Layton. Once I finished all the puzzles, I found nothing to do but to replay the puzzles. Then I started downloading the weekly puzzles and I had more to do. That's just how I feel about DLC. I know Animal Crossing's DLC might just be furniture, but if I finished the catalog, DLC would give new things, which I'd love... y'know what I mean?

tumblr_m70cekEItH1r5kyvmo5_400.jpg

Another new house exterior and it's part of the "mermaid set" (the ocean looking interior theme seen before in the latest trailer). It seems like I was right before the exterior will also coincide with the interior so both will be part of the same furniture set. Wow now that we know that the exterior are all part of the furniture sets the possibilities are endless. Seems like we're starting to get those build up of updates from the game, I'm satisfied.

tumblr_m70cekEItH1r5kyvmo5_400.jpg

Another new house exterior and it's part of the "mermaid set" (the ocean looking interior theme seen before in the latest trailer). It seems like I was right before the exterior will also coincide with the interior so both will be part of the same furniture set. Wow now that we know that the exterior are all part of the furniture sets the possibilities are endless. Seems like we're starting to get those build up of updates from the game, I'm satisfied.

ohh wow. Where'd you find that?

It's the newest news vision though I think you already know, and it was said only a few sets contain house designs not all, I would assume all special firnitirr sets would have house exteriors.

It's the newest news vision though I think you already know, and it was said only a few sets contain house designs not all, I would assume all special firnitirr sets would have house exteriors.

Only a "few" sets? I assumed all furniture sets would have their own house exteriors not just "special". How do you know? Did you translate the text or something? Now I'm depressed.

Only a "few" sets? I assumed all furniture sets would have their own house exteriors not just "special". How do you know? Did you translate the text or something? Now I'm depressed.
Prof gallows did but I bet common popular sets will have exterior designs and of course there will be exterior designs not related to themes

Back