• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Customising the house exterior

I forgot about the chimneys. Maybe you can add them on separately? :eek:

And am I the only one who thinks the fully upgraded houses kind of look like the mansions from Luigi's Mansion? o.o

I bet Gracie WIll start selling "designer House Decor" in her shop, lol I would actually like that. I hope you can earn some in events too.

I can't wait to customize my house! Now the question(s) is how many rooms, how much space, where they would be located, and what the house would look like from the outside...
yeah i cant wait either

I think it would be cool if you could have little ledges with potted flowers on them :)
yes good idea

Anyone know what these are?

View attachment 953
was discussed somewhere else, believed to display info on houses obtained via street pass

I bet Gracie WIll start selling "designer House Decor" in her shop, lol I would actually like that. I hope you can earn some in events too.
doubt it

Curious to see how much exterior customization costs

I forgot about the chimneys. Maybe you can add them on separately? :eek:

And am I the only one who thinks the fully upgraded houses kind of look like the mansions from Luigi's Mansion? o.o

that might not be the final expansion, you never know. Anyways i like it

I just think the tower as seen in the photos is a clock tower which I don't like the design of.

Photo 1 and photo 4 have the cherry trees on both sides with different colours. This isn't significant but I just found it weird.

I think it would be cool if you could have little ledges with potted flowers on them :)

Reminds me of the idea in which you could have a radio on a ledge!

Agghghghg, gimme AC3DS NOAW! :mad:

I just think the tower as seen in the photos is a clock tower which I don't like the design of.

Photo 1 and photo 4 have the cherry trees on both sides with different colours. This isn't significant but I just found it weird.

Well there could (possibly) be different designs of the clock tower and you could maybe choose a different style of colour for it as well.. who knows. And whaaa? How are the cherry trees different colours? The 1st screenshot just has a bit of a darker shadow to it so possibly the sun can now cast shadows or something. idk.. i don't see much difference.

View attachment 947View attachment 949

looks like i was right, the flooring for the house exterior is customisable (either its the same rug for the interior or a whole different tile). The lights in the 3rd screenshot are different as well.. so its likely those are customisable as well. excellent

note: seems to be a sign/board outside each home.. probably contains the information of the streetpasser and maybe other details.
The House at the top right (the second picture) looks like it could be Stitches house. ^u^

The House at the top right (the second picture) looks like it could be Stitches house. ^u^

you just mentioned a pretty fantastic idea. What if villagers/neighbours have their own designed house exteriors to match with their interior furniture series? yay or nay?

Oh, Im surprised nobody has mentioned it, there are so many unique houses in that town.

This is a very good idea because it is sometimes hard to tell who lives where when all the houses look similar like in the previous games. It should make things much more easier. :D

you just mentioned a pretty fantastic idea. What if villagers/neighbours have their own designed house exteriors to match with their interior furniture series? yay or nay?

I say nay, their houses would start to look too much like yours then, the villagers get their own designs of houses, we get ours, don't upset the balance.

I say nay, their houses would start to look too much like yours then, the villagers get their own designs of houses, we get ours, don't upset the balance.

their houses are a completely different shape/size so i don't really see that balance that you're implying. But i sort of see what you're getting at.

I just don't feel residents need custom exterior options, Ilike the normal houses, I am sure Nintendo added tons more resident House designs as well, so they dont all look very similar.

I just don't feel residents need custom exterior options, Ilike the normal houses, I am sure Nintendo added tons more resident House designs as well, so they dont all look very similar.

agree. but it would be cool if the animals could design their houses as well

animals shouldn't design their own houses.
it seems kinda stupid;
if you want the town to look nice, you'll design them yourself so they look good.
If the animals designed them, they'd make one be bright pink, and the other be dark green.
It'd just look ugly imo

animals shouldn't design their own houses.
it seems kinda stupid;
if you want the town to look nice, you'll design them yourself so they look good.
If the animals designed them, they'd make one be bright pink, and the other be dark green.
It'd just look ugly imo

true that.

and for me it seems like the animals will be near my level, but I wanna be the boss of my town >:)

true that.

and for me it seems like the animals will be near my level, but I wanna be the boss of my town >:)

Yeah, I don't mind if I design the animal's house, just I don't want them to, I'd leave their house they way it is unless I really liked them.

Back