Dark Veil 2

We walk back to the mansion, and I occasionally stumble more, not used to my vision. Chiyoko keeps me on my feet, though.

"It'll probably take a while to adjust to it, but you have friends here to help you," I say. "Like I am now, I guess."

I hug her as we walk, and smile. "It feels really weird, though." I say, moving my eyes around. "Like, it feels so weird to move."

"I'm sure you'll get used to it eventually," I smile. "Hey, do you have really weird depth perception now?" I ask curiously, wondering what it must be like to only have one eye that can actually see.

"Look, we're almost back at Fein's place," I say, pointing ahead of us with my free hand. As I move my arm, pain from the gash that I almost forgot about makes me wince, and I lower my arm again.

I look at her wound. It looks really bad... I take out a cloth and clean the area around it, and wrap some bandages around it.

"Thanks," I say quietly, lowering my arm gently once it's bandaged. "Hopefully I can manage to avoid knocking it on anything..."

Back